Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Germany

Hi there,

I'm Steve from Germany and are reading in this forum and about the C8 for a while know (chazcron is amazing, I still remember his 15 Mustang and 16 Camaro renderings).

I'm driving an 18 Camaro 2SS and I guess the new C8 will be a bit out of my budget for the moment. But I think the car absolutely a blast and would love to get behind the wheel of it some day.

In my freetime I'm also running a great growing youtube channel about modern muscle cars (news, reviews, etc) and also a little german newspage+forum about these amazing cars.

Up to this point, I am a bit disappointed that a lot of people in germany think midengine is the wrong way to go for the Corvette. But I amazed how much performance for a reasonable price the new C8 will offer - And the looks are stunning!

And with a little bit of luck, maybe I can also contribute to this forum with some of my sources for the european customers

Best regards,
    Steve

Ace, great first post! We can assure you that quite a few in the U.S. who are long term Corvette lovers are far from thrilled by the massive change to a ME configuration. However, they were far from happy above the C5’s wide rear butt, the C6’s visible headlights, the C7’s taillights, and most got used to it — and many went on to buy the very version they initially decried.

Give it three years and some of the current haters will even own a C8, and converselysome of them, as is fair, will never like it.

I will say that some left the reveal site tonight with changed minds in a postive way, and some still were not happy. Personally, for under $60K U.S.D, and under 3.0 seconds 0-60 and the craftsmanship and intrigue dealers I saw, I am even more ga-ga over than ever.

Thanks again for joining the forum!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You are absolutely right. I followed the last Mustang, Camaro and refresh reveal+launches of these cars. And most of the time people always say this is the worst car/design ever, and after a few months the same people stand in the line to get one of the first cars

Comment

Great time to join Ace , glad you joined us here at such an exciting time !
        P.S. Love that color on your Cameron ​​​​​​​
        A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome aboard Ace. Like to hear more on your European show and glad your doing It! Always wanted to to tour Europe in my vette.
          2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Guten morgen! Welcome. I was born in Wiesbaden. I'm jealous you'll get to take your future C8 on the Nordschleife easily!

Comment

Welcome Ace, With GM even offering a RHD for the first time, I am sure the C8 will have a huge presence in Europe.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X