Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

New here, from Northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, from Northern California

Just wanted to say, hi, to everyone. I created an account, here, about 6-7 moths ago, but had just never posted, until this week. I kind of came back over here from watching Horse Power Obsessed videos, on YouTube. Either way, Im glad to be here. I enjoy everything Corvette. I have a 2015 C7 Z51, that I bought, about this time, last year, with 8,100 miles on it. So, it was still fairly new. I drove it quite a bit, its first year, because, it now as 26K on it. I just replaced the tires, this week with the factory Michelin Pilot SS ZPs, that came with it. I liked the tires, myself.

Nothing special about the car, really. Alpine White, with Black Z51 wheels. Carbon flash mirrors, spoiler, upper vents. I replaced the older rotors, with the new solid style design. I also went with the Carbotech pads. They seem to be working well. I don't plan on modifying the car, although, I usually modify most of the cars I get, but I also don't usually buy naturally aspirated cars. I prefer turbo cars, myself. Looking forward to the C8 reveal, and I hope to see everyone on the forums.

Thanks,
    Gregg

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1440.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	37652

Welcome to the site Gregg,
    " I don't plan on modifying the car"
    I'm sure lots of people here "say" that, me included..... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2425.PNG
Views:	165
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	37668
    Last edited by Ssscooter66; 05-24-2019, 07:12 AM.
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Sweet car you have Gregg, hope you continue to enjoy it and the forum.
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Gregg, thanks for your backstory. It will be interesting to see how many keep their C8’s stocks, how many do light mods, and how many choose to go big. Glad you are posting!
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Gregg...congrats on your beautiful c7 z51..

sharp car and of course welcome to the forum.

good to hear your driving that beauty!

Much respect

JB

Comment

I appreciate the welcome, guys. I dont plan on modding this car, because of the fact that its normally aspirated, and to me, intake and exhaust to make the car louder, just isnt getting much out of an N/A car. Now, if it was a Z06, I would be messing with the boost, for sure. Same with the C8, If I hold out for the turbo version. I already know its going to get at least a tune. Hell, even my 2017 Cruze Premier, is tuned. Its also turbocharged. I just dont enjoy modding N/A cars, like I do anything forced induction. Theres something to say about tuning forced induction cars, when my Cruze gains 56 HP, and 92Lb Ft of torque from an ecu flash.

Also, as a reminder, I keep hearing that the C8 ecu isnt going to be tunable. They said the same thing about the GTR ecu, and look where they are with that car?

Comment

The ECU for the ZR1 was not going to be tunable, that is until recently when at least one of the top companies figured out how to do that.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

yea the'll crack it, just give hp tuners time after it comes out then they will be there.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X