MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

New Member - Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Member - Jersey

    Howdy folks! This is a great forum been poking around for a bit, it helps pass the time while we all impatiently wait for the reveal date! Was going to design cars for a living but ended up in the software design business by accident. My heart will always be with the cars though, sketched countless mid-engine corvettes over the years that I thought they would never ever make. I was just about to pull the trigger on a C7 ZO6 but I decided my heart was really with the ME and I should wait for it. Till then I'll get my speed fix on the Ducati. Deposit is in...counting the days!

  • #2
    Welcome to the forum Zora.

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome ZoraC2. We are glad you joined. C8 ahead.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ducatis are wonderful. You sure will get your speed fix with it as you join us in whittling away our waiting time.

        Comment


        • #5
          New Member - Jersey

          Welcome to the forum. Love that northern section of the Jersey Pike. A total of 12 lanes, six in each direction (3-3-3-3). Use it on my way to Adirondacks from MD.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Boomer View Post
            New Member - Jersey

            Welcome to the forum. Love that northern section of the Jersey Pike. A total of 12 lanes, six in each direction (3-3-3-3). Use it on my way to Adirondacks from MD.
            Yes, around exit 12-13, the refinery and storage tank area, you can turn off your fuel pump and just run on the hydrocarbon fumes in the atmosphere. You need an engine fuel management computer capable of running the car on a "lean burn" mixture.

            I started my post college career at the now 110 year old Bayway Refinery. When I was there, it was an Exxon Refinery, but it has since changed hands several times, and I think is now owned by Phillips 66. They never put up signs there any more identifying the owner.

            I was born in Kearny New Jersey, within sight of the Pulaski Skyway. Garden spot of the Garden State.

            Comment


            • #7
              Welcome to the group. Haven’t been around any motorcycles in a long time but Ducati’s used to be great. Hear they still are.
              There is a madness to my method!

              2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

              Comment


              • #8
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	36141 Welcome to the site ZoraC2 , enjoy .....
                A thought if I might ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post

                  Yes, around exit 12-13, the refinery and storage tank area, you can turn off your fuel pump and just run on the hydrocarbon fumes in the atmosphere. You need an engine fuel management computer capable of running the car on a "lean burn" mixture.

                  I started my post college career at the now 110 year old Bayway Refinery. When I was there, it was an Exxon Refinery, but it has since changed hands several times, and I think is now owned by Phillips 66. They never put up signs there any more identifying the owner.

                  I was born in Kearny New Jersey, within sight of the Pulaski Skyway. Garden spot of the Garden State.
                  You gotta miss the place. Pulaski Skyway still closed today following a Chlorine plant explosion. Probably brings back fond memories for you.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-shot-2019-03-31-at-9.16.46-am.png?w=370&h=204&crop=1.png
Views:	22
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	36879

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Boomer View Post

                    You gotta miss the place. Pulaski Skyway still closed today following a Chlorine plant explosion. Probably brings back fond memories for you.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-shot-2019-03-31-at-9.16.46-am.png?w=370&h=204&crop=1.png
Views:	22
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	36879
                    In 1974, I was putting myself through law school, and a friend got me a job driving a chlorine truck. I would go down to that place to pick up my daily cargo.

                    Nothing like some morning air with some chlorine bite to it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welcome...wonderful NJ...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JB View Post
                        Welcome...wonderful NJ...
                        I like NJ. Spent a fair amount of time there for the type of job I had. The NJSP were great to work with.

                        Comment

                        MECF_728x90_bottom

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X