Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Howdy Folks!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Howdy Folks!

    I've been lurking in this forum a couple of weeks and finally decided to sign up. It seems to be a little more, umm, restrained compared to some other forums which suits me just fine.

    Been enjoying a black C6 as shown in my avatar for 9 years but I'm looking forward to the C8 with great interest. My only worry is how easy it will be to get one up here in Canada. I'm sure GM prioritizes allocations to the big and medium-sized US dealers first. Anyway, there's lots of great information posted here which I'm sure will make purchasing my first brand new Vette a lot easier.

    Looking forward to July 18th!

  • #2
    Welcome Klinn, Hopefully you'll be able to figure out getting one. Might be better to put a deposit with one of the dealers in the US. There are several here on the site. Just scroll down on the home page and look under Vendors.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 05-07-2019, 07:58 PM.
    Rocket City Florida - 2013 427 Vert - 2015 ZO6 - 2020 Stingray

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
      Welcome Klinn, Hopefully you'll be able to figure out getting one. Might be better to put a deposit with one of the dealers in the US. There are several here on the site. Just scroll down on the home page and look under Vendors.
      Can't export the car if buying new.

      Comment


      • #4
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	187
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	35366 Welcome to the site Kline. , hope you have good luck getting your C8 when your ready ...
        2022, 2LT Elkhart Blue ..

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome Klinn, hope GM sends some your way early on. Thanks for joining.
          There is a madness to my method!
          2023 Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
          2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the warm welcome folks! :thumbsup:

            Frenzy, as ABorC mentioned, unfortunately it's probably very difficult to do any cross-border shopping. Dealers are pretty protective of their territory. I seem to recall reading about other manufacturers (BMW I think?) refusing to honor warranties for new cars purchased in the States.

            My C6 came from the US but it was two years old at the time. There was a place close by that specialized in importing Vettes and taking care of all the state and provincial paperwork.

            Besides local dealers, I'm about 275 miles from one of the higher volume places in Canada, so I might have a better chance of getting an allocation by going there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Welcome aboard Klinn. I think your characterization of MECF as being more restrained is accurate, and we take that as a compliment, e.g., meant to be that way.

              We respect each other, and when we have disagreements, they are civil (well at least 99.9% of the time).

              Thanks for joining MECF!
              2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.


              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks John, and I did mean that "restrained" as a compliment. Certain other forums seem to have a lot of people yelling at each other. Gets tiresome after a while.

                Tomorrow is our local motorsport club's first Solo2 event of the year. Naturally I'll be out with the C6 but it's going to amusing. Back when I used the Vette for autocross I had switched to decent sticky tires (Kumho XS back then) but it's reverted to the OEM tires at the moment. 11-year-old OEM tires like hockey pucks. For the past few years I've been campaigning an FR-S instead the Vette, and given that I hope to get a C8 in approx a year's time, it didn't make sense to get some new sticky tires for just one year.

                So I expect the back end to be sliding all over the place. Gotta practice my "Yee-Haw!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	9C1717AB-D403-4985-98C4-0DE5EC9D4C27.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	35923
                  2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Klinn, welcome aboard. Glad you like the forum temperament. Like to hear more about your autocross escapades, hope you do great.
                    2017 TR GS 2LT

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Well Ateupjoe, the club's first Solo2 event attracted 74 drivers, which is somewhat less than usual. I suspect it being Mothers Day had an impact. My C6 runs in A class and I finished 7th .... out of seven.

                      Heh-heh, with such horrible old tires that's where I expected to finish. But I wanted to exercise the Vette anyway and just have some fun. Being the first event of the season, it refreshed my memory about three things:
                      1. I always forget how to drive over winter.
                      2. The C6 has annoyingly numb steering and I can't feel what's going on with the front tires (my FR-S is much better, my old 944 was much better).
                      3. It's great to be able to ignore the restraints we put on ourselves when driving on the street (don't want to be a ****/dangerous) and to be in a safe setting where I can push both the car and myself harder.
                      Despite the lowly finish position, it was great fun and I got to catch up with some folks I hadn't seen since last year. And of course to yak about the upcoming C8 and how wonderful it will be.
                      Last edited by Klinn; 05-13-2019, 04:15 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                        Well Ateupjoe, the club's first Solo2 event attracted 74 drivers, which is somewhat less than usual. I suspect it being Mothers Day had an impact. My C6 runs in A class and I finished 7th .... out of seven.

                        Heh-heh, with such horrible old tires that's where I expected to finish. But I wanted to exercise the Vette anyway and just have some fun. Being the first event of the season, it refreshed my memory about three things:
                        1. I always forget how to drive over winter.
                        2. The C6 has annoyingly numb steering and I can't feel what's going on with the front tires (my FR-S is much better, my old 944 was much better).
                        3. It's great to be able to ignore the restraints we put on ourselves when driving on the street (don't want to be a ****/dangerous) and to be in a safe setting where I can push both the car and myself harder.
                        Despite the lowly finish position, it was great fun and I got to catch up with some folks I hadn't seen since last year. And of course to yak about the upcoming C8 and how wonderful it will be.
                        So how do you think the C8 will be for auto cross?
                        There is a madness to my method!
                        2023 Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
                        2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                        79 coupe Silver/oyster
                        All one owner
                        Museum lifetime members

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think it's still going to be a bit like a bull in a china shop -- most autocross courses tend to favor smaller cars like the ever-popular Miata (had one of those before I bought the C6) or Civics or the FR-S/BRZ/86 twins. With a larger, more powerful car, it's a little hard to stretch out their legs in Solo2 the way you can if you're lapping a road course. Although I've been in some autocross events that were held on old airports with long runways and you could definitely get up some speed there!

                          But despite perhaps feeling a little constrained, the C8 will be a blast! I've autocrossed all of my cars including daily drivers. It's great to see what they'll do when you're free to push them as much as you want.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                            I think it's still going to be a bit like a bull in a china shop -- most autocross courses tend to favor smaller cars like the ever-popular Miata (had one of those before I bought the C6) or Civics or the FR-S/BRZ/86 twins. With a larger, more powerful car, it's a little hard to stretch out their legs in Solo2 the way you can if you're lapping a road course. Although I've been in some autocross events that were held on old airports with long runways and you could definitely get up some speed there!

                            But despite perhaps feeling a little constrained, the C8 will be a blast! I've autocrossed all of my cars including daily drivers. It's great to see what they'll do when you're free to push them as much as you want.
                            Thanks for the thoughts.
                            There is a madness to my method!
                            2023 Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
                            2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                            79 coupe Silver/oyster
                            All one owner
                            Museum lifetime members

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Welp, I bit the bullet and put down a deposit on the C8. Woot!

                              I'm #6 on the reservation list for my local dealer who typically sells about 20 Corvettes per year. So I hope their first year allocation will be similar. For other folks in the Ottawa (Ontario) area, this was through Richard Greer at Myers Motors who is their wholesale manager and has been there for ages. He assured me that they will be selling at MSRP but of course couldn't make any guarantees about allocation or pricing at this early date.

                              So now the waiting begins!

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X