MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Howdy Folks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Folks!

I've been lurking in this forum a couple of weeks and finally decided to sign up. It seems to be a little more, umm, restrained compared to some other forums which suits me just fine.

Been enjoying a black C6 as shown in my avatar for 9 years but I'm looking forward to the C8 with great interest. My only worry is how easy it will be to get one up here in Canada. I'm sure GM prioritizes allocations to the big and medium-sized US dealers first. Anyway, there's lots of great information posted here which I'm sure will make purchasing my first brand new Vette a lot easier.

Looking forward to July 18th!

Welcome Klinn, Hopefully you'll be able to figure out getting one. Might be better to put a deposit with one of the dealers in the US. There are several here on the site. Just scroll down on the home page and look under Vendors.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 05-07-2019, 07:58 PM.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
      Welcome Klinn, Hopefully you'll be able to figure out getting one. Might be better to put a deposit with one of the dealers in the US. There are several here on the site. Just scroll down on the home page and look under Vendors.
      Can't export the car if buying new.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	35366 Welcome to the site Kline. , hope you have good luck getting your C8 when your ready ...
        A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome Klinn, hope GM sends some your way early on. Thanks for joining.
          There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! :thumbsup:

Frenzy, as ABorC mentioned, unfortunately it's probably very difficult to do any cross-border shopping. Dealers are pretty protective of their territory. I seem to recall reading about other manufacturers (BMW I think?) refusing to honor warranties for new cars purchased in the States.

My C6 came from the US but it was two years old at the time. There was a place close by that specialized in importing Vettes and taking care of all the state and provincial paperwork.

Besides local dealers, I'm about 275 miles from one of the higher volume places in Canada, so I might have a better chance of getting an allocation by going there.

Comment

Welcome aboard Klinn. I think your characterization of MECF as being more restrained is accurate, and we take that as a compliment, e.g., meant to be that way.

We respect each other, and when we have disagreements, they are civil (well at least 99.9% of the time).

Thanks for joining MECF!
              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Thanks John, and I did mean that "restrained" as a compliment. Certain other forums seem to have a lot of people yelling at each other. Gets tiresome after a while.

Tomorrow is our local motorsport club's first Solo2 event of the year. Naturally I'll be out with the C6 but it's going to amusing. Back when I used the Vette for autocross I had switched to decent sticky tires (Kumho XS back then) but it's reverted to the OEM tires at the moment. 11-year-old OEM tires like hockey pucks. For the past few years I've been campaigning an FR-S instead the Vette, and given that I hope to get a C8 in approx a year's time, it didn't make sense to get some new sticky tires for just one year.

So I expect the back end to be sliding all over the place. Gotta practice my "Yee-Haw!"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C1717AB-D403-4985-98C4-0DE5EC9D4C27.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	35923
                  Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Klinn, welcome aboard. Glad you like the forum temperament. Like to hear more about your autocross escapades, hope you do great.
                    2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Well Ateupjoe, the club's first Solo2 event attracted 74 drivers, which is somewhat less than usual. I suspect it being Mothers Day had an impact. My C6 runs in A class and I finished 7th .... out of seven.

Heh-heh, with such horrible old tires that's where I expected to finish. But I wanted to exercise the Vette anyway and just have some fun. Being the first event of the season, it refreshed my memory about three things:
                      1. I always forget how to drive over winter.
                      2. The C6 has annoyingly numb steering and I can't feel what's going on with the front tires (my FR-S is much better, my old 944 was much better).
                      3. It's great to be able to ignore the restraints we put on ourselves when driving on the street (don't want to be a ****/dangerous) and to be in a safe setting where I can push both the car and myself harder.
                      Despite the lowly finish position, it was great fun and I got to catch up with some folks I hadn't seen since last year. And of course to yak about the upcoming C8 and how wonderful it will be.
                      Last edited by Klinn; 05-13-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                        Well Ateupjoe, the club's first Solo2 event attracted 74 drivers, which is somewhat less than usual. I suspect it being Mothers Day had an impact. My C6 runs in A class and I finished 7th .... out of seven.

Heh-heh, with such horrible old tires that's where I expected to finish. But I wanted to exercise the Vette anyway and just have some fun. Being the first event of the season, it refreshed my memory about three things:
                        1. I always forget how to drive over winter.
                        2. The C6 has annoyingly numb steering and I can't feel what's going on with the front tires (my FR-S is much better, my old 944 was much better).
                        3. It's great to be able to ignore the restraints we put on ourselves when driving on the street (don't want to be a ****/dangerous) and to be in a safe setting where I can push both the car and myself harder.
                        Despite the lowly finish position, it was great fun and I got to catch up with some folks I hadn't seen since last year. And of course to yak about the upcoming C8 and how wonderful it will be.
                        So how do you think the C8 will be for auto cross?

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                        79 coupe Silver/oyster
                        All one owner
                        Museum lifetime members

Comment

I think it's still going to be a bit like a bull in a china shop -- most autocross courses tend to favor smaller cars like the ever-popular Miata (had one of those before I bought the C6) or Civics or the FR-S/BRZ/86 twins. With a larger, more powerful car, it's a little hard to stretch out their legs in Solo2 the way you can if you're lapping a road course. Although I've been in some autocross events that were held on old airports with long runways and you could definitely get up some speed there!

But despite perhaps feeling a little constrained, the C8 will be a blast! I've autocrossed all of my cars including daily drivers. It's great to see what they'll do when you're free to push them as much as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                            I think it's still going to be a bit like a bull in a china shop -- most autocross courses tend to favor smaller cars like the ever-popular Miata (had one of those before I bought the C6) or Civics or the FR-S/BRZ/86 twins. With a larger, more powerful car, it's a little hard to stretch out their legs in Solo2 the way you can if you're lapping a road course. Although I've been in some autocross events that were held on old airports with long runways and you could definitely get up some speed there!

But despite perhaps feeling a little constrained, the C8 will be a blast! I've autocrossed all of my cars including daily drivers. It's great to see what they'll do when you're free to push them as much as you want.
                            Thanks for the thoughts.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                            79 coupe Silver/oyster
                            All one owner
                            Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X