Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Latest Corvette News And Headlines

Things are starting to heat up about the new C8 Z06! And CORVETTE TODAY covers it all in this News & Headlines episode. Here are some of the topics you'll hear about ...
1. Final stats for the 2021 model year C8 Corvette
2. Nearly half of the C8.R IMSA Edition C8’s are already sold
3. 2022 C8 Configurator is now live
4. The C8 was the 2nd fastest selling new car in August 2021
5. Consumer Reports declines to recommend the 2021 C8 Corvette
6. 2021 C8 tops its class in the JD Power APEAL Study
7. A Nurburgring video captures 2023 C8 Z06 with unofficial track time
8. We have video evidence that the C8 Z06 will also come in an HTC
9. Did we see the reveal colors on the last teaser video for the C8 Z06?
10. Another Easter Egg discovery on the C8 Z06 “Save the Date” video
11. Spy photos of the C8 E-ray confirm it’s a performance hybrid
12. New Zealand about to get their right-hand drive C8 Corvettes
13. The C8 Z06 might break 3 production V8 records
14. Chevrolet has officially quit making the LT5 engine with 755 hp

This is a long list of topics, and it's not everything that's covered in this episode of the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
2 of 3 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow myself to introduce...myself

Good afternoon all. New member to the forum here. As with everyone else on here (I'm assuming) I am looking forward to the release of the C8. I'm hoping GM / Chevy knocks it out of the park. I'm especially interested in the rumours of the 5.5. DOHC FPC. I'll take one in convertible trim please. I love talking about cars and feel I have a pretty open mind and eclectic taste when it comes to vehicles. I've driven on the Nürburgring Nordschleife and I went to the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2018. Below is a full list of cars that I've owned. Currently taking a sabbatical from the sports cars (long stroy). We'll see if I pull a the trigger on a C8 down the road. Feel free to ask me any questions, insight on cars I've owned / driven (there are a bunch), etc. Thanks for having me. Cheers

1991 Honda Civic DX
    1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    2001 Ford Mustang GT
    2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
    1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    1993 Honda Civic CX
    2002 Honda Insight
    2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
    2014 Nissan GT-R
    1995 Toyota Supra
    2015 Honda Fit
    2015 Jeep Renegade
    Last edited by P-Tree; 04-16-2019, 01:36 PM.

Welcome P-Tree! We are glad you joined us. Glad you are considering re-entry into the sports car world. You came to the right place — as “looking forward to the release of the C8” is a common affliction here. Just 93 more days for us to wait...

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You sure have had some very interesting vehicles. Thanks for joining. We all have a lot to learn together as we wait, but even better after July 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by C8Driving View Post
        You sure have had some very interesting vehicles. Thanks for joining. We all have a lot to learn together as we wait, but even better after July 18th.
        I've had a few odd ***** in there. I miss my '93 VR-4. Never should have sold it.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

2014 Nissan GT-R (**** I miss Izzy. Yes, I name all of my cars)

Comment

We names ours also; along with its “traveling license” plate, all our HP Corvettes are called “WRP SPD.” [Oregon only allows a total of six number/letters.]

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5E6BC09-DB98-411D-8E43-E7CE8E5260FA.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	32881

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Welcome amd some very cool rides

Comment

Welcome to the site P-Tree !
              The Cobra in the background looks very familiar with the one in my garage (621made) & a buddy was just over who has the red 2004 anniversary model . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	206
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	32926
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome to the forum P-Tree. That's a pretty diverse collection you've had. I always thought the 3000GT was a really nice car and had always wanted one. It's a shame Mitsubishi discontinued that model, but looking at what's available for sale now, those cars sure did not age well... at least those on car sites located in the Northeast all seem to have paint issues. What did you like most and least about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
                  What did you like most and least about them?
                  If you go into a 3000 GT VR-4 thinking of it as a Grand Tourer, you'll have a good time. They're not a sports car. They weigh ~3,800 lbs. But, they are very comfortable and ride great. They are surprisingly nimble with their All Wheel Steering. Even by today's standards, they are actually fairly quick. I thought they sounded pretty good also. I prefer the looks of the 1st gen (1991 - 1993) looks than the more rounded bulbous 2nd gen.

Haven't looked in a while, but the paint is 20+ years old, so there is that. The windshield air vents plastic always cracks. The car is complicated, and can be a pain to work on. For instance, 3 sparks plugs are easy to get to, the back 3 are behind the intake manifold. You have to remove the front driver wheel in order to replace the alternator. The OEM ECU is prone to failure (there are aftermarket solutions now).

Overall, it's a fun GT car from the Japanese Bubble Era. Those were some good years!

Comment

Welcome Mr Powers...

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                      If you go into a 3000 GT VR-4 thinking of it as a Grand Tourer, you'll have a good time. They're not a sports car. They weigh ~3,800 lbs. But, they are very comfortable and ride great. They are surprisingly nimble with their All Wheel Steering. Even by today's standards, they are actually fairly quick. I thought they sounded pretty good also. I prefer the looks of the 1st gen (1991 - 1993) looks than the more rounded bulbous 2nd gen.

Haven't looked in a while, but the paint is 20+ years old, so there is that. The windshield air vents plastic always cracks. The car is complicated, and can be a pain to work on. For instance, 3 sparks plugs are easy to get to, the back 3 are behind the intake manifold. You have to remove the front driver wheel in order to replace the alternator. The OEM ECU is prone to failure (there are aftermarket solutions now).

Overall, it's a fun GT car from the Japanese Bubble Era. Those were some good years!
                      They're great cars!!! I put them in the category of all time great cars that are worth keeping and never getting rid of. Still see a few of them running around Houston in showroom like condition. Welcome to the forum BTW. Not sure why you think everyone here is looking forward to the release of the C8 though.

Comment

Welcome- Some fun cars you've had. Great pics too. Perhaps the C8 will be the best one yet to come.
                        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X