Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #115 - Corvette News & Headlines, Late June 2022

We've got the latest News & Headlines in the world of Corvette for you every other week! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger is back to give you the inside scoop on what's happening. https://youtu.be/ZnVdDJHYDxo; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...2cqLUlcMmj6m4x
Here are a few of the topics covered on next week's podcast....
C8 Z06 benchmarked Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and McLaren
Chevrolet raises prices on 2023 C8 Stingray
Chevrolet adds DCT transmission filter life to maintenance tab on 2023 Corvettes
Chevy offers "Dark Stealth" crossed flags for 2023 Corvettes
WEC drops GTE Pro class for 2023 and introduces GTE Premium for 2024
Chevrolet is offering Dark Stealth Crossed Flags for the 2023 Corvettes
Is Corvette is scheduled for an interior refresh in 2024?
Chevrolet to offer 1 of 1 Mint Green Z06 in first NFT Auction
GM releases 2 more videos about the C8 Z06
This Friday, July 1st, is "Drive Your Corvette To Work" Day!

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

New Guy From MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy From MD

Greetings all. I've got it bad for a C8. Wondering if a mortal human being can actually purchase one before he dies of old age, and if anyone actually sells the things at or below MSRP. I've heard horror stories about price gouging and horrific dealer markups. Just here to get the facts. Current ride is a '13 Scion FR-S, but I'm way out of the demographic for Toyobaru/Subota FRS/GT86/BRZ owners. In other words I'm a retired old fart.

Welcome to the forum 👍👍
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Lots of dealers, including all the forum dealers, will let you order one at MSRP. Finding one available to buy today is hard. Finding one at MSRP pretty near impossible. If you make a reservation with one of the big dealers today, you're probably looking at delivery between 6 and 12 months from now.

Where in Maryland are you? I grew up there, and live in the Virginia suburbs now.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	86E10C9C-D4FA-4902-84E8-E9DB884C8541.JPG Views:	0 Size:	337.6 KB ID:	268425 Got mine at sticker 77Kish Click image for larger version  Name:	C846BD51-7A84-4C69-8C3E-C16BF35531EE.JPG Views:	0 Size:	426.3 KB ID:	268426 ticker

Comment

Welcome Chromefinger. Lots of good folks to hang out here with. We hope you get your C8 soonest possible!
          Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to this Fantastic Forum - Bottom of the home page are the forum dealers. They all sell pretty close to MSRP. If your looking for short term purchase-your going to pay substantial amount over sticker. If you can afford Patience then you should hopefully see one within a year or so.
              Good thing is - Reading stories and seeing pictures and watching videos will help keep you younger. 😉
              Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by Chromefinger View Post
                Greetings all. I've got it bad for a C8. Wondering if a mortal human being can actually purchase one before he dies of old age, and if anyone actually sells the things at or below MSRP. I've heard horror stories about price gouging and horrific dealer markups. Just here to get the facts. Current ride is a '13 Scion FR-S, but I'm way out of the demographic for Toyobaru/Subota FRS/GT86/BRZ owners. In other words I'm a retired old fart.
                Welcome aboard! There is an entire thread here on purchasing a C8. And although finding a dealer who has inventory at MSRP is rare, there are some out there. I keep this website up on my computer and click the "view inventory" link: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...ild-and-price/

However, beware that some links APPEAR to show C8s at MSRP but when you actually go to the dealer website, they are way above. On the other hand, I've seen a few that are selling at MSRP, but you have to act fast when you find them, like within a day or two. Many have "sale pending" on the listing, but you could get lucky.
                Last edited by My1stVette; 05-08-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Glad you joined us! I think there are still plenty of honest dealers out there if you want to order a C8. Getting one at MSRP shouldn't be a problem. You could always use one our forum dealers to order and drop ship if necessary, but talk to a local dealer first about it. You can usually tell by their demeanor, if they're shootin' straight, and ask around, to find a dealer that's treating people right. Finding one on a lot is tough, and you can expect a large markup from them. If you can wait, order one. Surely the delays we've experienced so far will be mitigated in coming production cycles and it won't be so long! It is worth whatever wait you experience. ( Notice I used large type in deference to your advancing age, you're welcome ), ( I'm in the same boat )

Comment

Always glad to type " Welcome to the Forum " Chromefinger ... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	131
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	268527
                    2022 LT2 Elkhart Lake Blue…. A thought if I might ..

Comment

Welcome Chromefinger! Hope you find the answers your looking for soon. That way you'll be on your way to getting that Corvette you want.

Comment

Welcome - I’m in Montgomery County MD when I’m not out West.

Comment

The OP made one post over a year ago and never responded to anyone. Doubt we'll see him again.
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chromefinger View Post
                            Welcome to one of the best message boards out there.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X