Unsold used 2020 C8 at Bomnin Manassas for 70 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsold used 2020 C8 at Bomnin Manassas for 70 days

I had some time to day and was looking at Bomnin Chevrolet's website and saw they had a couple of C8 Corvettes listed for sale, so being only about 30 minutes away I went over there. Prominently displayed outside was an Accelerate Yellow used C8. I took a few pictures and asked the salesman if I could sit inside it, letting him know right off the bat I was just a tire-kicker and would not waste much of his time. It felt great to be able to finally experience the car from the inside. It was a beautiful tan interior with suede accents. But there were no other C8s there so it left me a bit confused when he said this was their only one, given what I had seen on their website that were listed as being at their Manassas location.

We got to talking about allocations and the current situation on ordering. He knew right away I was up to speed on the process with low supply and high demand--thanks to being informed here on MECF! So he engaged me a little longer than he probably would have. Still, I didn't stay long--10 minutes at most.

The dealership purchased this car at auction, which I found strange since they supposedly get a high allocation from GM. There was a "sold as is-no warranty" sticker on the windshield. So maybe given there is no warranty and it's priced about 20k over MSRP, that is why they haven't found a buyer yet. The sales guy knew it was a 3LT but not a lot beyond that. If I told him I was a serious buyer he surely would have gotten those details for me. I thought the car looks nice in yellow matched with the tan interior. But alas, I'm not quite there yet financially...hopefully next year.

I found the listing after I got back home:

https://www.bomninchevroletmanassas....-VA/4758283243
    Last edited by My1stVette; 04-06-2021, 07:18 AM.

Very, very strange that it has no warranty. Not strange that it is used and $20K over sticker.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Very, very strange that it has no warranty. Not strange that it is used and $20K over sticker.
      On second look, listed @ $102k, and being a 3LT, I guess it's more like 10k over vs. 20k? Way beyond my wallet in either case!

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
        The dealership purchased this car at auction ... There was a "sold as is-no warranty" sticker on the windshield.

Yes. "Strange" be the word. What auction? The VIN is on the ad you attached.1G1Y82D41L5112164. Somebody should look it up and see what it says.
        Last edited by Boomer; 04-05-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Under 2k miles and no warranty? Was it wrecked? It says clean carfax.

Something off, the balance of the factory warranty should apply no matter ownership change unless GM canceled it for some reason.

Weird.

Comment

That's a 'standard' window disclaimer that goes on every re-sale car. If they purchased it at auction or took it as a trade in they would automatically put that on the windshield.
            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Gee I wonder why they can't sell it!

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                That's a 'standard' window disclaimer that goes on every re-sale car. If they purchased it at auction or took it as a trade in they would automatically put that on the windshield.
                They typically have the two check boxes for warranty or no warranty

Comment

One way for dealers to increase their allocations for the next year is to buy cars from other sources (other dealers, mostly) and sell them to retail customers. Bomnin sponsors our club's annual Cruise-In, so we've developed a bit of a relationship with them. Then came up here from Florida to take over a failed, out of business franchise that probably sold 2 or 3 Corvettes a year previously (Manassas is pick-em-up territory) and set a goal to become the largest Corvette dealer in Virginia. To do that they need to sell cars. IIRC, they started here in 2017, and ordered as many Corvettes from GM as they could get, and also bought cars from other dealers. If they're not the largest Corvette dealer in VA now, they must be getting close. When we had our cruise-in there in 2019 they had something like 90 C7s available for sale. And eventually sold them all.

No idea what auction they bought this one from, though. The only reason I can think of for no warranty would be if it was used at Ron Fellows or some such. This yellow one is being sold as used, but with only 1852 miles I doubt it was used there.
                  Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

They typically have the two check boxes for warranty or no warranty
                    Pretty sure the "no warranty" was checked, as I recall wondering immediately why.

Comment

There’s a story here somewhere!
                      C8 delivered 9/5/20. Z51 2LT with GT2 Seats, Front lift, FE4, Edge Red Engine Cover, Edge Red calipers, Illuminated Door Sills, Engine Appearance Package, Carbon Flash Painted wheels, in Long Beach Red and Jet Black interior.

My 1968 convertible now has a little sister!

Previously owned a C6 with Squires Twin Turbos

Comment

Steer clear of that place - they are not customer friendly. And I'm being nice.
                        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Yeah this car suffered some sever frame and/or engine/drivetrain damage. And OVER sticker on a USED DAMAGED car???? Psychopaths!!!!

Comment

I currently have an order with Bohmin in Virginia and the experience has been exceptional. It’s probably the best kept secret on the East Coast and I have to admit I was skeptical at first and was allocated in March when I was told I would be and have been following it with Corvette Concierge ever since and it’s moving along. Joe Sanchez and Aladin return my calls immediately if I have any questions and keeping my fingers crossed the process continues to go smoothly

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X