New to MECF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MECF

My name is Brett Hatfield, and I am a freshly minted member of the MECF. I am the host of Driven Radio and Owner/Editor of The Driven (readthedriven.com). I am also an auction analyst for Sports Car Market Magazine and American Car Collector Magazine. Lastly, I am a life-long Corvette aficionado, having owned a 1960, 1970, 1974, 1977, 1987, and a 1992. The 1960 is a 54k original mile example with a base engine 283/230hp, Powerglide, Roman Red/Ermine White cove, red interior, two tops, and all five original wheels and tires (the spare has never been in service, still shod with rubber hairs). It was a high school graduation gift, and I still own it. As an auto journalist, I am infinitely interested in all the latest news on the forthcoming mid-engine C8, and this site comes highly recommended. Thank you for having me.

Welcome redvette1960, Brett, and one of today’s new member of MECF. We are very glad you joined us — as we collectively learn more about all Corvettes, though most of us are at least somewhat mid engine Corvette crazy!

This is one superbly beautiful Corvette!

Click image for larger version

Name:	883A11A1-3492-42A4-B2F1-2B1687EF4080.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	24914

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Glad you joined us redvette1960! She sure is a gorgeous car.

Comment

Welcome redvette1960. Know you will have a good time here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum redvette1960, thats sure is a great L ?King car ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	24934
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

Greetings redvette1960, Would be great to hear what your thoughts and ideas on the ME are at this point before reading all of the numerous posts here. We often trip over ourselves trying to analyse every word spoken from every member and any news media outlet or numerous blogger sites, looking for those missing parts of the puzzle. So, What might be your thoughts at this point if you may wish to share?
            Gorgeous Ride BTW
            Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Welcome Redvette 1960 that is one fab 60. Reminds me of the way not original 60 I had when I was in college.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X