Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

Missileer: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missileer: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

So finally getting around to this part of the process, read further at your peril. 😂

Residence: Sunny Southwest... Tucson (aka Old Pueblo)
    Profession: Former Naval Aviator, now retired from 30+ years in Program/Operations Management and International Business for a defense contractor
    Current ride: Sadly, a 2011 Toyota RAV4. This after selling my Lexus LC500 to get wife/daughter new CR-V hybrids and son a new CIVIC.
    Past cars of note: LC500, BMW M3, AUDI S6

Why a Corvette: I have loved the look/feel of a ME car from the day I saw my first Ferrari and the follow-on opportunities to drive both a 458 across Tuscany for 2 wks while on 20th anniversary trip with wife, and an F8 Tributo owned by a classmate. I have friends who are Corvette diehards and who have tried to get me to buy into the C7/Z06 realm for several years, but I never caught the bug. The pending Z06 will give me the HTC, ME, FPC performance car that I could justify spending the $$ on, given I would never (even if I can afford it) buy a Ferrari that would depreciate faster than a Mars probe on approach as a Daily Driver.

What do the family think?: Wife and daughter just shrug and shake their heads. Son (19) says he guesses he’d be willing to drive it once in a while, but that I really need to look at a McLaren (like the new Arturo), or a Konnigsberg instead.

Fun read. You have had some great rides and experiences. Hopefully your son will do great, and fairly soon, and buy his Dad ZORA the year it comes out (to replace your C8 Z06).
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Your are American. Buy American.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Fun read. You have had some great rides and experiences. Hopefully your son will do great, and fairly soon, and buy his Dad ZORA the year it comes out (to replace your C8 Z06).
        John... Thanks. Son should be well positioned to buy what HE wants down the road. He’s currently in a Cyber/SW Engineering program at ASU with the long-term goal of working for NASA on future MARS and beyond projects.

Comment

If you’re not in a hurry, get in line for a C8 and once you get it, don’t let the family drive it ... you already got cars for everyone else but yourself ... and if you like, you can Drive the Son’s CIVIC ... once in whale 🤣
          Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
            If you’re not in a hurry, get in line for a C8 and once you get it, don’t let the family drive it ... you already got cars for everyone else but yourself ... and if you like, you can Drive the Son’s CIVIC ... once in whale 🤣
            Nah... I’m on two lists for a Z06 and will just wait it out. Not keen on doing the car flip and taking a near certain loss just to have a C8 right now.

But... the boy’s CIVIC is a definite blast to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer View Post

Nah... I’m on two lists for a Z06 and will just wait it out. Not keen on doing the car flip and taking a near certain loss just to have a C8 right now.

But... the boy’s CIVIC is a definite blast to play with.
              👍 Good Luck
              Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

If you order now, you should get your new C8 by February 2022.

Comment

WELCOME TO THE FORUM Missileer ! Click image for larger version

Name:	76CADEE4-CD73-47C0-BFE0-C239FE66763D.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	243855
                  A thought if I might ...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X