Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Latest Corvette News And Headlines

Things are starting to heat up about the new C8 Z06! And CORVETTE TODAY covers it all in this News & Headlines episode. Here are some of the topics you'll hear about ...
1. Final stats for the 2021 model year C8 Corvette
2. Nearly half of the C8.R IMSA Edition C8’s are already sold
3. 2022 C8 Configurator is now live
4. The C8 was the 2nd fastest selling new car in August 2021
5. Consumer Reports declines to recommend the 2021 C8 Corvette
6. 2021 C8 tops its class in the JD Power APEAL Study
7. A Nurburgring video captures 2023 C8 Z06 with unofficial track time
8. We have video evidence that the C8 Z06 will also come in an HTC
9. Did we see the reveal colors on the last teaser video for the C8 Z06?
10. Another Easter Egg discovery on the C8 Z06 “Save the Date” video
11. Spy photos of the C8 E-ray confirm it’s a performance hybrid
12. New Zealand about to get their right-hand drive C8 Corvettes
13. The C8 Z06 might break 3 production V8 records
14. Chevrolet has officially quit making the LT5 engine with 755 hp

This is a long list of topics, and it's not everything that's covered in this episode of the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
2 of 3 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

NSX 1.0 and ls2 GTO guy here waiting on the c8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSX 1.0 and ls2 GTO guy here waiting on the c8

I was just at NSXPO annual NSX meet and a few of us are holding off on getting the NSX 2.0 when news of the c8 with the engine in the proper location. Came out.

Exciting times......
    Supercharged (Twin Screw) NSX
    Supercharged (Roots) GTO
    Supercharged (Centrifugal) S-10
    PRHT Club Sport MX-5

SOLD: 1993 RX-7

Welcome BATMANs. This is exactly the kind of news that GM is hoping for, that the new ME 2020 Corvette is attractive to non-traditional Corvette buyers. In the highly competitive world of sports cars, a “brand conquest’ (the industry term for a new to the brand buyer) is the ultimate prize.

Welcome to MECF! We are pleased you joined us.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

A little background:

I've always liked the NSX for it's build quality and everyday usability.

But it's lack of TQ (namely towards the lower end of the RPMs) made me park the car in the garage for a couple of years (after I picked up a 2005 GTO with a Maggie) - only to drive it once in a while to lubricate the parts and charge the battery.

I almost sold the NSX for a C6 Z, but when my friend gave me a ride in it, I felt that the car could use more weight over the rear wheels.

We've all heard and seen the drawings of the rear mid engine vettes for 4 decades.

This time this looks like the real deal.

I just hope it's not rolled out during our much overdue market correction.

Ford GT is nice, but if this vette rolls out, it's not that nice.

Supercharged (Roots) GTO
      PRHT Club Sport MX-5

Comment

Good analysis and helpful info. How does the 2020 Corvette ME's around 475-505 TQ sound to you, especially with its price being about half of the NSX 2.0's intro price?
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Since my NSX (430rwhp on Costco gas and 500rwhp on E85) has already walked my friend's 570SL Gallardo and another friend's F458 I would like to see something in the 700HP arena since there is a strong chance that the C8 won't be at the 3000lbs range due to current safety and emission regulations. NSX 2.0 are already having quality issues. But then again it's an untested build team in OH, not in Japan. The only good news is that I have learned is that Bobby Rahal son supposedly cracked the ECU and said that NSX's making 700HP with stock engine will be cake. His exhaust makes 40rwhp from what I have heard. But the NSX 2.0 is a porker at 3800lbs (weight of my GTO).
          Last edited by BATMANs; 10-10-2018, 11:09 AM.
          Supercharged (Roots) GTO
          PRHT Club Sport MX-5

Comment

Welcome to the site, enjoy all the members & information you'll find here ... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.PNG
Views:	97
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	12272
            A thought if I might ...

Comment

They should call it a Mid-Rear engine since the current C7 is a front mid like an RX7.... or miata
              Supercharged (Roots) GTO
              PRHT Club Sport MX-5

Comment

I think that mid rear engine term would confuse a whole bunch of folks, for not all are car crazies as we are. Only 50% of current Corvette owners even know that there are Corvette forums, and only 1 in 4 Corvette owners ever join one.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X