MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings everyone

A bit of introduction
    Last July I fell in love with the new C8. God is first in my life, then my wife and son, and the 2020 C8 has taken third-place knocking everything else back a notch.

I've always been a sports car fan, but it was from behind the pages of car magazines except for a few Nissan's, Toyota Supras, and a Mitsubishi 3000 GT. I aspired to, but could never afford, Ferrari's and Lambos, Aston Martins and jaguars, and most recently the BMW I8. But now, Forget them. The beauty, the specifications, and the everyday drivability of the Corvette C8 has supplanted those vehicles and made a high quality, gorgeous sports car semi-affordable. This car is just too amazing to pass up! GM is winning people over.

It wasn't that I didn't want a Corvette before, but circumstances prevented the purchase, but now that my son is off on his own as an officer in the U.S. Army, it's time to raid the retirement account.

Last August 5th I put my name on an allocation list for the new C8. I'm still at 1100, and my order type is SRE retail sold. So it'll still be a few months for me, but since August I've been feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas!

About this forum
    I am an avid researcher, and when the C8 came out, I devoured everything I could get my eyes on: YouTubes, forums, websites, car shows, etc. I need to tell you guys something. THIS FORUM IS THE BEST.

You guys are knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and sometimes even funny. I want to convey my heartfelt thanks to the founders, the senior contributors, and the other contributors. I've been checking out various posts since last August, and I apologize that I am only now getting around to joining. But you guys deserve a lot of credit for contributing your time and knowledge. Thank you, you are appreciated.

I sure hope GM is subsidizing this forum, because you people do more to sell this car and provide advice concerning it than any dealership could ever provide.

As for the rest of you lurkers-- might as well get with the program and join.

PS I noticed that some of you put the specs for the C8 you ordered on your posts/responses. I did not see a place in the profiles for doing that. Is it part of a signature somewhere?
    2020 C8 | 2LT | Arctic White | S. Gray Trident Wheels | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash mirrors | GT2 Seats | Natural Leather | Front Lift | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red seat belts| Red Engine Cover.
    Will add aftermarket: Black Lug Nuts with locking nut| Front/Rear Splash Guards | black out the gray on the wheels | TN air filter to bump it to 500 horse| partial PPF | and much needed window tint here in Central Florida

Welcome WhiteHorse. We are glad you joined us.

To respond to your question, GM does not subsidize this forum (nor any one), but they are supportive in other ways, and some of us over the years have become friends, others acquaintances with the top members of the Corvette team. The Corvette team are really good folks, super capable, and we respect and admire what they have created for us over the years, most lately of course the C8.

As to how you can post your specs and more in your signature box, here’s how you can do that:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-email-address

Thanks again for becoming part of our Corvette community.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Welcome WhiteHorse.

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the upcoming corvette ownership experience.

glad to have you aboard...
        Last edited by JB; 02-25-2020, 12:20 AM.
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Welcome to our forum WhiteHorse. May you truly enjoy this new adventure and journey with the rest of us long-time admirers of Corvettes, but first time buyers of this incredible new creation. I hope you will keep us informed about your progress, as your excitement feeds the enthusiasm for our cars arrival.
          The twisty back roads of NH's Monadnock Region surrounding my hometown wait patiently for our Torch Red HTC, Z51 & MRC equipped (to smooth out the leftover Frost Heaves), to come cruising after a Springtime Museum Delivery. A 55 year dream come true.

Comment

A BIG WELCOME, It won't be long before there will be truckloads of C8's flooding the highway in their tuxedo's. Exciting times ahead.
            Last edited by Frenzy36; 02-25-2020, 01:47 AM.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Congratulations on your order and welcome to the forum . You must be one proud dad of an officer in the Army, I know I would be . Enjoy the fun here ... Click image for larger version

Name:	1BBB8BFE-00F4-410A-89C1-847005FA1F36.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	116921
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome WhiteHorse! I agree with everything you said in regards to this forum. Congrats on your upcoming purchase! And, as an aside, many thanks to your son for his service to our country.
                Blade Silver Metallic, Z51, Convertible, 3LT.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!! I would like to thank you and your son for his service to our country. I've dreamed about all those cars too and I still have to pinch myself knowing that this car is coming "very" soon. My wife and 11 year old son share my excitement. At the end of the day it's just a material thing, but it truly is a blessing that we are able to experience this in our lifetime.
                  2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. Lots of great people and info here. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. Every time I come here I learn something.
                      And I appreciate the signature info John.

To those of you who commented: Yes, we are proud of our son, thanks.

I just learned today that I moved up on my dealership allocation list from 17 to5and I started at 43 last August, so I am excited about that. He said he may be giving me a call in the next few weeks. 😁
                      2020 C8 | 2LT | Arctic White | S. Gray Trident Wheels | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash mirrors | GT2 Seats | Natural Leather | Front Lift | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red seat belts| Red Engine Cover.
                      Will add aftermarket: Black Lug Nuts with locking nut| Front/Rear Splash Guards | black out the gray on the wheels | TN air filter to bump it to 500 horse| partial PPF | and much needed window tint here in Central Florida

Comment

Hey great news. I got the call from my dealer today, verified my specs, and moved to 2000 level !! I can't believe it. I am actually getting a C8. My first corvette. After watching the Youtubes of people at spring Mt. and of those that got their cars, I am all the more excited.

My dealer said that I will move to 3000 level next Wed. and it would take about a month for me to get my car. That will be sweet. I guess he's counting on that 2nd shift at GM cranking out more cars.

What have you guys heard/ experienced? How long does it normally take to get the car?

PS. I am enjoying the Forum. This place is great.

Comment

Congrats with your move to 2000.

Comment

Great to have you WhiteHorse! Neat that you got the call today that you had moved to 2000!
                            Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Thanks guys. I am really learning a lot from the threads in the forum.

Well after about 8 months of waiting I got to the 2000 level , as noted above, and was able to enjoy it for 1 hole week, even getting to 3000 only to get put on hold the same day! because of the corona virus. Bummer.

I know there are thousands of anxious customers in the same boat with me. I don't mind a delay, but I would mind being bumped to a 2021 that I wont get until (more than?) a year after my initial order on Aug. 5 of 2019. Guess we all have to be more patient, but from the comments in the forum, I can't help feeling there is something wrong with how GM is getting cars to their customers. So many delays, not just 2.

I am going to keep prepping for the car and hope that it will just be a delay of a 2 to 4 more weeks.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X