MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

New Member from Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Connecticut

Well here goes my first post. I have been looking at this forum since I put an order in for a 2020 Corvette back in August 2019. Certainly not as early as a lot of the members in this forum but I am hopeful the car gets built. Currently at 1100 and my dealer has at least 54 allocations so we will see how it goes. I was able to see and sit in the car in Danbury, CT and was quite impressed but I am sure I will be even more impressed once I get to drive one.
    I do not think there has been a day that I have not logged onto this forum since ordering the car and I think my wife thinks I am nuts. I do not believe I had this much excitement when I ordered the 2006 Corvette I currently have in the garage. However, when I got that car there were many nights that I went into the garage and just admired the car. I am sure that will occur again when I have the 2020 Corvette in the garage.
    2020 2LT G1E Long Beach Red,HUL Adrenaline Red,TU7 Two -Tone Seats,GT2 Seats,DRG,Q8Q Carbon Flash Whls,RXJ Black Stingray Logo,E60 Front Lift,FE4 Suspension,Z51 Performance Padkage,J6N Edge Red Caliper,ZYC Carbon Flash Outside Mirrors and Spoiler.

Lifetime Member National Corvette Museum

Great first post 71 Vette. And so nice you have a 71 Vette. I always will have a crush on the C3’s lines! When one follows me and I see the front fender humps in my mirrors, just heaven.

Nice that you share an addiction to re-visiting this friendly Corvette community. We appreciate your joining us, and wish you the best on getting your C8 soonest.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Welcome 71 Vette. Glad you joined us. C3’s are spectacular. We all hope you get your C8 as soon as is possible. Meanwhile you in the company of many of us waiting. Do you have any extra patience you can share with this crew?

Comment

Thanks for becoming part of this friendly bunch.
        Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am looking forward to meeting many of you at future events.
          2020 2LT G1E Long Beach Red,HUL Adrenaline Red,TU7 Two -Tone Seats,GT2 Seats,DRG,Q8Q Carbon Flash Whls,RXJ Black Stingray Logo,E60 Front Lift,FE4 Suspension,Z51 Performance Padkage,J6N Edge Red Caliper,ZYC Carbon Flash Outside Mirrors and Spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by 71 Vette View Post
            However, when I got that car there were many nights that I went into the garage and just admired the car. I am sure that will occur again when I have the 2020 Corvette in the garage.
            Funny! We have a short driving season where I live. My wife asked what I was going to do. I told her I was going to go into the garage (heated, thankfully), pull up a chair, and look at it. If it’s even slightly warm, I’ll open the garage door, start it, and listen to it! Welcome to the forum!
            2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Welcome to the forum 71 Vette , I'm positive you won't be the only member in the garage a lot more than normal ...
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome, Your not too sick. I had contemplated opening up the garage wall and the laundry room and moving the hot water heater and being able to drive a car into the back unused bedroom.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome 71 Vette! I'm from Waterbury and we will have to go for a drive with our C8's

Comment

Welcome 71 Vette. Thanks for joining us.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfanlon View Post
                        Welcome 71 Vette! I'm from Waterbury and we will have to go for a drive with our C8's
                        I agree Dolfanion. I live in Prospect. We will have to arrange a meeting. Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

I have done the " sit in the garage thing" before (don't need heat, I live in Phoenix). I have also gone to the garage to look at my car one more time before retiring for the night.
                          But this time...
                          is different!
                          Today is my TPW. So, this weekend, I cleaned out my garage. I am putting down an epoxy finish on the floor: Two coats of color, one layer of chips, and a finishing coat of clear! I have new banners already put up, and I am putting in new lighting, which I have not selected yet.

So, welcome 71 Vette. We're all nuts!
                          First Car: 1974 Fiat X1/9 mid-engine.
                          1985 Toyota MR2 first generation mid-engine, 2000 Toyota MR2 third generation mid-engine, 2005 Lotus Elise mid-engine.
                          Currently own 1993 Corvette Convertible. Time to merge mid with Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by poptop2000 View Post
                            I have done the " sit in the garage thing" before (don't need heat, I live in Phoenix). I have also gone to the garage to look at my car one more time before retiring for the night.
                            But this time...
                            is different!
                            Today is my TPW. So, this weekend, I cleaned out my garage. I am putting down an epoxy finish on the floor: Two coats of color, one layer of chips, and a finishing coat of clear! I have new banners already put up, and I am putting in new lighting, which I have not selected yet.

So, welcome 71 Vette. We're all nuts!
                            I resemble that!
                            TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X