MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Nice Blade Silver HQ Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Blade Silver HQ Video

I like these two YouTube’rs together, e.g., Oris and Nestor No blistering hype, just their enjoying cars and sharing their high quality video with others. The C8 looks so great in this color!

Click image for larger version  Name:	37C55CBF-634E-4D9B-AD72-0D68DBF313A4.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	99260

Click image for larger version  Name:	AB8E42D1-0DAD-450F-AF07-080E6EE5B860.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	307.7 KB ID:	99261

Click image for larger version  Name:	59FF4D12-30C3-43C6-95D7-A8985C724F52.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	481.1 KB ID:	99262

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Regarding the open and fairly unprotected front radiators....I know Tadge commented that they shouldn't be prone to damage from road debris...But I don't know. I can see aftermarket grills popping up quickly. A radiator fix would be an expensive one.

The blade silver does look good.

Comment

FN in MT and all the rest of us, please stay tuned for there will be an excellent aftermarket (A/M) solution popping up. Thanks “little birdie” for that whisper. Folks will be very excited at it.

I for one will be pursuing that option, for I believe that as there is a way for a sharp edged rock to find itself in the wrong place, to then damage one or both of the outward C8 front-corner heat exchangers, my believe is that rock will find a means to do so.

Does this picture inspire anyone besides FT and me to be thinking heat exchanger protection for their C8’s? And similar protection for the third heat exchanger inside the side scoop on the Z51’s?

Click image for larger version  Name:	5A3A1631-8141-4216-8280-D21CD89264C7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	99274
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Does this picture inspire anyone besides FT and me to be thinking heat exchanger protection for their C8’s? And similar protection for the third heat exchanger inside the side scoop on the Z51’s?
        Sure does! While I know Tadge said that the heat exchangers are designed to survive hits, I'd just rather they don't sustain damage by installing aftermarket screens. I'd like the screens to install easily (no front fascia removal preferably) and just snap into place with clips. This also bring to mind another question - how easily is the black center plastic piece protected by PPF with all its corners? I'm also wondering about the front camera lenses - whether they'll eventually get peppered with rocks and get chipped, or will installing thin paint protective film degrade the image?

Comment

I followed C7 forums quite a bit and never heard of a rock damaged front camera lens. We hope for the same for the C8. I like your idea of snap in protective screens.

Comment

A skilled PFF installer can do a good job protecting the black center area; one circumstance where needing a front LP would have a small silver lining.
            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              I believe that as there is a way for a sharp edged rock to find itself in the wrong place, to then damage one or both of the outward C8 front-corner heat exchangers, my believe is that rock will find a means to do so.
              This was a small stone the size of a nickel that hit my mirror at 110 mph (180 kph).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wholly Mirror.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	99375
              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
              Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                This was a small stone the size of a nickel that hit my mirror at 110 mph (180 kph).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wholly Mirror.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	99375
                Ouch, that looks like it hurt! Is that a 4th gen. Camero?

Cheers
                Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 0000336 at status 4000, built on 2/10/20 (on QCH HOLD) C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Yes, a very dirty, salty 2000 SS. My current daily driver. A dump truck threw a pebble at me as it went by in the opposite direction. It could have been accelerated by his tire, but the actual speed of the projectile was likely less than 100 MPH given that it likely bounced. I am no longer driving to work (retired) but I still am leary about those front corner rads being hit. If a pebble can do that to the mirror imagine what it can do to a rad.
                  Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                  Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

It would have done serious damage costing potentially thousands of dollars to the heat exchangers being they are aluminum, not hard, thick plastic. Wow
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 0000336 at status 4000, built on 2/10/20 (on QCH HOLD) C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

You have to make sure that the air flow is not reduced they need un interrupted air flow....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Happy View Post
                        You have to make sure that the air flow is not reduced they need un interrupted air flow....
                        I have been thinking the same thing, possibly just to install 1/4 inch aluminum mesh to allow plenty of airflow but cut down on the size of the projectile which could go through. I would doubt anything smaller than a 1/4 inch would be able to penetrate the aluminum exchanger.
                        Rocket City Florida

Comment

I found this Stainless Steel Mesh which should do the trick and allow plenty of airflow.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

All is above is why when I get the front of my Corvettes PPF’d, I always have its headlights done too. A replacement Corvette headlight is over $1,000 (not counting the labor), and on the C7 that change involved front fascia removal). Does it also involve front fascia removal on the C8?

Either way, cheap insurance to have the headlight’s PPF’d.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X