MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Dear GM ...... Please don't make E L B M a one year color !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear GM ...... Please don't make E L B M a one year color !

Here's hoping E L B M sticks around for several MY build cycles ........ Click image for larger version  Name:	C8 Exterior (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.7 KB ID:	94819Click image for larger version

Name:	image_15476.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	94821Click image for larger version  Name:	C8 Interior (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.1 KB ID:	94820Click image for larger version  Name:	C8 Exterior.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.0 KB ID:	94822
    Last edited by MikeyTX; 12-10-2019, 09:52 AM. Reason: added picture
    2021 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Edge Red Calipers/Engine Cover Spectra Gray Wheels Carbon Flash Stripes Current drive: '17 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

ELB was the 7th most popular color in 2019 even though it replaced Admiral Blue halfway through the year. I don't think it's going anywhere but you never know what Chevy will do.
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I too love the Elkhart Lake, but it is a shame you cannot get the red interior with that exterior color. Makes no sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
        I too love the Elkhart Lake, but it is a shame you cannot get the red interior with that exterior color. Makes no sense to me!
        Really? I thought you could get any combo as long as you paid for the "color override" option ?

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerate C8 View Post

Really? I thought you could get any combo as long as you paid for the "color override" option ?

Correct that with option “D30” @ $590, you can get either red interior with Elkhart Lake Blue.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The blue is a good looking color for the C8. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

I was hoping the old Lyndale blue of the '67 Vettes might make a return. Thought the Shadow gray might be it, but saw it on another Chevy model and it's not close to what it looks like on the build and price color selection area of their web page.

Comment

I'd be OK with GM making ELB a 2020 only color for the C8.

I like rarity WRT colors, like what GM did with LRG in 2014.
                Last edited by Mobius; 12-10-2019, 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
                Upcoming Vette:
                '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
                '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerate C8 View Post

I think you are right.....it is about $600 and you can do that. Sorry. Strange to me that the red interior would not be available without the override, since it does look good IMO

Comment

I believe the interior would come as a part kit. Why would GM care what color combinations you ordered for *your* Corvette?
                    TPW 2-Mar

Comment

Personally I like the blue and the red together, a combo even a member of the Corvette team referred to recently as a “Superman car.”

For many years GM made it impossible to order a combo what they did not think was visually best. As a result of our collective input wanting more color choices, they now allow those color comb’s. As to “why a fee,” I know of a yellow C7 with a red interior and a blue top, a 1 of 1 to be sure. Let’s assume your ordered that car, but after seeing even 2/3’s of it (the same car but with a more normal black top) at a car show before yours arrived at your dealership, you then decided not to buy your car when it arrived at the dealership, e.g., the yellow and the red together were not your cup of tea once you saw it in person.

How long would the dealer have to try to sell that 1 of 1, and how much of a discount would the dealer incur to try and move that “creation?” In fact, I know of one dealer that routinely charges a $5,000 non-refundabl amounts for such “unique” color combo orders, again to reduce his getting stuck with such things.

The $590 D30 option helps to try and weed out the “maybes’ from the “I’m sure I want that combo” customers.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I hope you get your wish and ELB is available for the entire C8 life-cycle.

Everyone should have a chance to get the greatest exterior color

Comment

For those of you old enough to remember, back in the 1960's; Corvettes could be ordered in primer. I know at least in 1966 and 1967 you could and I have heard that you could order them raw, no primer, but I do not have first hand knowledge of any raw Corvettes ever being shipped. When you ordered just primer no paint credit was issued and the trim tag was left blank in the color code area. There have always been little secret options out there, and not just with Corvettes or GM just need to know the right person to ask, just like the "In & Out Burger" secret menu.
                          Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                            ELB was the 7th most popular color in 2019 even though it replaced Admiral Blue halfway through the year. I don't think it's going anywhere but you never know what Chevy will do.

That is what scares me.
                            2021 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Edge Red Calipers/Engine Cover Spectra Gray Wheels Carbon Flash Stripes Current drive: '17 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Huh ? The configurator let me do it w/o issue yesterday.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X