MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

C8 Splash Guards: IMO Don’t Leave Your Dealership PDI Without Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I daily drive my C7 and can gladly attest to the splash guards being a good deterrent to rock chips and dirty water spray. Those, combined with my side sills, keep the sides of the car relatively untouched by road trash. see pic below.

WRT the C8, I'll be getting them, but am a bit concerned that the rocker trim doesn't extend back far enuff to keep the area in front of the rear wheel from getting sand blasted. That was one reason I seriously considered the areo package, but $4K is a bit too steep for me. I'm hoping ACS will make something in ABS that will mimic the aero package.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190407_102602_001_resized.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	543.1 KB
ID:	94625

Comment

ACS Composite will definitely have some great looking and functional rockers options (and much more C8 options such a rear spoiler). I totally agree that the best combo is splash guards and rockers. I personally add in PPF.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I thought Chevy might offer the aero package in "other than carbon fiber". It sure is a nice addition.
        fingers crossed
        C8er

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post
          I thought Chevy might offer the aero package in "other than carbon fiber". It sure is a nice addition.
          fingers crossed
          I was hoping for the same LSECO

Comment

I still remember bringing my C7 in for a service one time when it was still pretty new and had 2 owners of the Z06 in the dealership getting thie vents replaced just forward of the rear wheels because they were getting hit so often by rocks that they were getting new pieces installed with PPF. Both said they were going to get something other than the GM OEM front splash guards installed right after they left the dealership. The C8 will stick out much more than the C7 Z06.

I'm sure some of the early buyers will report here if they are having similar problems with the C8 that will require more than just the standard GM splash guards or not.

Comment

I will probably buy some beforehand if I can get them in red. Trakwrap the rocker area, drive it home and install them like I did on the C7. I only have stage 1 ACS rocker guards on the C7 and the C8 appears to have nothing similar. Will likely have a clear film put on in limited areas and just do that and the splash guards.

Comment

Track wrap is good temporary stuff. I would also consider part of your rear fenders for it.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Up till now, we have only had one Accessory brochure picture of the C8’s “VQK” rear splash guard. Now, thanks to Corvette_Nut, we also have one, clean, zoomed in version of the front splash guard.

Click image for larger version Name:	A924A3BF-622E-40B9-99B3-7E6A02D39F75.png Views:	0 Size:	541.8 KB ID:	94495

While we of course wish for more pictures from different perspectives too, we will take what we can get. While not cheap at $150/set of four, the LPO option can be ordered with your original order or afterwards purchased from your dealership’s parts counter or elsewhere. Mine will be installed during the PDI.

Click image for larger version Name:	9FA207FF-ECA4-4233-AB60-9A21AFD12B2E.png Views:	0 Size:	451.7 KB ID:	94496

While some won’t be caught dead with splash guards on their Corvettes, with the C8’s significant Coke bottle shape as seen in the following birds eye picture, the rear scoop and fender area is going to be sandblasted for sure.

Click image for larger version Name:	3420FE34-EDBD-4D8C-A560-B90457BBA653.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	94494

While PPF’s while protect the paint (except for extreme sharp rocks coupled with the wrong impact angle), and while I had PPF on the entire sides of my C7, before I put on ACS Composite’s splash guards, my PFF was visually impacted a ton — again the C8’s shape is going to make those impact marks which can be seen when within 5’, even more visible.

For those “car show trophy” splash guard averse, I have had splash guards on all my Corvettes for over 20 years and tons of trophies came home with every one (with many doing a double take when looking closely at them saying such things as, “never realized you had splash guards”).

Nice however, we each get to choose.
                  I looked up the cost of the splash guard option on the build and price section of the Corvette introduction site. Said it was a $250 option, is the $150 you mentioned the parts counter price for the splash guards?

Comment

I originally had a total price of $250 in my OP, and, sorry, deferred to the picture above in post # 10 above which listed it as $150 for the set of four. I should have done more diligence, for I now see it listed on a GM document as $250 for the set of four.

I doubt GM has lowered its price, but maybe???

Comment

I was inclined to get the $250 splash guard option with my build. However, after doing a bit of research on C7 aftermarket splash guards, that is the route I will go for my C8..since they are a bit wider.

Comment

I was wondering if they would work with the 5VM ? Was afraid they would look like really bad and wasn't sure they would even fit since WE HAVE YET TO SEE ANY REAL CF GROUND EFFECTS !!
                        Rocket City Florida

Comment

You are right we have not seen them with the ground effects so do not know what they would look like.

However, I am not concerned re either. Since GM is offering both items, we know they will fit together fine. Also, they worked well visually imo with the complete OEM side skirts on ground effects on our C7 Z06.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            You are right we have not seen them with the ground effects so do not know what they would look like.

However, I am not concerned re either. Since GM is offering both items, we know they will fit together fine. Also, they worked well visually imo with the complete OEM side skirts on ground effects on our C7 Z06.
                            John,

You are correct, I also did not have problem with how the Carbon Fiber ground effect and the Splash Guards looked on my ZO6-ZO7.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	16518691263_133ef66f0a_5k.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	96087
                            GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

I never understood that long splash guard above the lower splash guard on C7. And it is only on the front - ??
                              I've never been hesitant to add some mudflaps myself. But I'll leave the exterior bits for the company to install on my C8.
                              But if Chevy does'nt offer me the ground effects kit in molded plastic...I'll be drilling some holes to install something similar. The shapes of the ground effects peices are fantastic. But unless I had ALL the trim in C - fibre, I can't justify painting the expensive C fibre ground effects black. My carbon - fibre, jewelry, purely visual, days are over.
                              Last edited by LSECO; 12-16-2019, 11:02 AM.
                              C8er

Comment

After having none on my C7 at first they were a MUST HAVE on my C8 build. I'm picking mine up at Kerbeck's in AC and it's a a little over an hours drive home and some back roads involved. Not taking any chances.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X