C8 Splash Guards: IMO Don’t Leave Your Dealership PDI Without Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Splash Guards: IMO Don’t Leave Your Dealership PDI Without Them

Up till now, we have only had one Accessory brochure picture of the C8’s “VQK” rear splash guard. Now, thanks to Corvette_Nut, we also have one, clean, zoomed in version of the front splash guard.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A924A3BF-622E-40B9-99B3-7E6A02D39F75.png Views:	0 Size:	541.8 KB ID:	94495

While we of course wish for more pictures from different perspectives too, we will take what we can get. While not cheap at $150/set of four, the LPO option can be ordered with your original order or afterwards purchased from your dealership’s parts counter or elsewhere. Mine will be installed during the PDI.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9FA207FF-ECA4-4233-AB60-9A21AFD12B2E.png Views:	0 Size:	451.7 KB ID:	94496

While some won’t be caught dead with splash guards on their Corvettes, with the C8’s significant Coke bottle shape as seen in the following birds eye picture, the rear scoop and fender area is going to be sandblasted for sure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3420FE34-EDBD-4D8C-A560-B90457BBA653.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	94494

While PPF’s while protect the paint (except for extreme sharp rocks coupled with the wrong impact angle), and while I had PPF on the entire sides of my C7, before I put on ACS Composite’s splash guards, my PFF was visually impacted a ton — again the C8’s shape is going to make those impact marks which can be seen when within 5’, even more visible.

For those “car show trophy” splash guard averse, I have had splash guards on all my Corvettes for over 20 years and tons of trophies came home with every one (with many doing a double take when looking closely at them saying such things as, “never realized you had splash guards”).

Nice however, we each get to choose.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Ordered mine at the initial order...too much road **** not to have them where I live...thx John
    3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Splash guards are a must. Planning to get mine at dealers parts counter or other vendor. Didn't order them in my build because I read that option as available in body color only and I didn't think that would look as good as black on my Blade Silver. Did I read that right?

Comment

I'll order them online and install them myself, as I did with the C7 (I've got just a short drive from my courtesy delivery dealership to home). They are already being advertised online by both GM and other parts distributors. The model numbers highlighted in the pic below are the same as the GM part #s.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	splash.JPG
Views:	857
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	94507
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
          Splash guards are a must. Planning to get mine at dealers parts counter or other vendor. Didn't order them in my build because I read that option as available in body color only and I didn't think that would look as good as black on my Blade Silver. Did I read that right?
          The GM splash guards are black, but can be painted (on your own, but various Corvette parts outlets will also sell them painted your specific body color, as was done with the C7).
          Last edited by Mobius; 12-08-2019, 01:09 PM.
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

In C8 lingo, body color means black (go figure).
            Really? So black is the only color splash guards available when ordering them with your build? not "body color"?

Comment

Really? So black is the only color splash guards available when ordering them with your build? not "body color"?
              The terminology I was thinking of was "molded in color", which is black.
              My C8:

Current Vettes:

Comment

The language they use is “molded in body color”. Not the body color of your car, the “body” they refer to is the splash guard itself. “Molded in body” means the black color is imbedded in the plastic, and not a paint over the top. Anytime you read “molded in body color” with the C8, it pretty much means black plastic.
                GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

Good clarification Starscream. Thank you.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'll order them online and install them myself, as I did with the C7 (I've got just a short drive from my courtesy delivery dealership to home). They are already being advertised online by both GM and other parts distributors. The model numbers highlighted in the pic below are the same as the GM part #s.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	splash.JPG
Views:	857
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	94507
                    Very Nice👍🏻, wouldn’t have thought to start looking yet.

Comment

Good way to save money for those who wish to install the splash guards themselves!

Those who do not wish to go down that path instead getting them from the dealership, that option sometimes includes free installation if purchased over the counter; it always includes free install during the PDI for those purchasing all their LPO accessories as part of the original order (including all covered by a three year/36,000 GM warranty);

Lastly, for those who are taking out a loan for any part of their C8 order getting them as part of the original purchase, that allows for LPO cost to be financed.

Comment

Chevorlet C8 Corvette Accessories now has both Front Splash Guards and Rear Splash Guards available to be ordered Separately .....

Click image for larger version  Name:	1000X1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	94528Click image for larger version  Name:	1000X1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	94531Click image for larger version  Name:	1000X1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.5 KB ID:	94529Click image for larger version  Name:	1000X1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.5 KB ID:	94530
                        GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

I'll order them online and install them myself, as I did with the C7 (I've got just a short drive from my courtesy delivery dealership to home). They are already being advertised online by both GM and other parts distributors.
                          Thanks Mobius! I just ordered a set, great price.
                          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post

The language they use is “molded in body color”. Not the body color of your car, the “body” they refer to is the splash guard itself. “Molded in body” means the black color is imbedded in the plastic, and not a paint over the top. Anytime you read “molded in body color” with the C8, it pretty much means black plastic.
                            Thanks Mobius and Starscream. Wasn't aware of that. I didn't want "body color" splash guards so I didn't include them in my build. So now I need to decide whether to modify my order to include them or just deal with it in the secondary market. Thanks muchly for this info!

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here..... I've never had 'em on any car and really haven't had issues and we typically put 3000-4000 miles a year on our toys. In retrospect, a couple of our C3's back in the day had 'em but they were integral with the design. The more recent versions remind me of my grandmother's plastic covers on the living room furniture, but that's just my opinion.

I'll take the risk and walk on the wild side without 'em…..
                              C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X