Matt Farah C8 Interviewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Farah C8 Interviewed

Starting at 3:00 in this video, Matt talks about the C8. Thanks very much CorvetteBlogger for bringing this new video to our attention.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7C67E76C-0560-436A-9334-2B2C58D17511.jpeg
Views:	1418
Size:	625.9 KB
ID:	93590

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

That was fun although i might have suggest Matt dress up a little more for tv show appearance.

the host was in a suit and tie and the other host was smoking hot and dressed well too.

i guess Matt likes to be casual to the max...

Matt should have mentioned the trunk exosts to store the targa top which is even more important than golf bags for the corvette ownership group.

Matts considered or preferred dream ride is a 10 million mclaren f1 that at the time they had a tough time selling what? 300 grand or a million dollars?

If the $60grand to $90 grand brand new rates as a very good car compared to the $10 million dollar mclaren f1...i can respect that discussion.

As a daily the 67 grand c8 z51 fe4 1LT does me just fine.

just write the one check and laugh every other day of ownership.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Interesting interview. Not much mention of how the car DRIVES, but more about how it looks.

Farah is right, a mid-engine car with a functional trunk IS different, but in a good way. I suspect the competition will now move toward the Corvette design instead of away from it - the McLaren GT being one good example. Mid-engine cars are really only track toys without reasonable storage - they cannot be used for overnight trips, (unless you pack like a rock star). That has been one of the secret strengths of the Corvette over the years - it is fast and sporty while remaining a REAL CAR, and not a GO-KART on steroids.

Comment

Pretty faint praise for the C8 by Mat in that video. The woman hosting the program said she comes from a Corvette family yet had not heard there was no manual transmission in the new Vette? The other guy said he never liked Corvettes. Hey, I will watch and enjoy any video that talks about the new car.

Comment

Not a big fan of Matt recently to be honest. Nothing of substance on the C8. Oh and the gold chain jokes are getting way old. The blonde was laughing more then talking....talk about a stereotype. 😜. Oh well 😔
          Last edited by MikeC8; 12-03-2019, 09:29 AM.
          RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3000 TPW 2/24

Comment

At 6:07 in the video...

The ladies still like my chest hair and gold chains.
            Upcoming Vette:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

An old supercar joke. "You take your girlfriend out or you can go golfing, but you can't take your girlfriend golfing!"
              Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

He reminds me of some late night talk show celebrity. Trying too hard to be funny...

Comment

I still find it funny that in the initial video of Matt driving the C8 on the track, the video shown within this clip, he’s having a blast basically saying it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Total enthusiasm, total praise.

Once his colleagues expressed criticisms in regards to understeer, he walked back those initial thoughts and fell in line.

After that, I have a hard time with the legitimacy of his “expert” opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseballer View Post
                    I still find it funny that in the initial video of Matt driving the C8 on the track, the video shown within this clip, he’s having a blast basically saying it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Total enthusiasm, total praise.

Once his colleagues expressed criticisms in regards to understeer, he walked back those initial thoughts and fell in line.

After that, I have a hard time with the legitimacy of his “expert” opinions.
                    Agree! Want feedback both pro and con but from someone like Proust.

Comment

Perhaps he had to fall in line with the consensus at the rag, for at least political reasons. I tend to go with his initial reaction. It seemed genuine to me.
                      C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X