MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

C8’s Kirk Bennion, High Wing and Cleveland Institute of Art All Tie Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8’s Kirk Bennion, High Wing and Cleveland Institute of Art All Tie Together

Corvette’s Exterior Design Manager Kirk Bennion is a graduate of the Cleveland Institute of Art. He returned “home” with a C8 featuring its high wing. For a fun interview and more views of the high wing, we have this video. Thank to CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett finding it for us.

Thanks WKYC for your wonderful video!

Click image for larger version  Name:	C5CDED6E-542A-4EAA-932F-64FB539CF509.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	337.7 KB ID:	92575

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Watching him open that rear trunk was a little awkward

Comment

Wow, awesome video! That’s my car minus the stripes.
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post
        I will instead be opening the hatch by hitting the center fascia pressure switch then walking to the side of the rear fender, and with that switch creating a gap, sticking a finger or two into that opening and starting lifting up the hatch (just like my loading and unloading will be from the side).
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Very cool thanks for posting.

Comment

There can be little question that the High Wing will be a major PITA for anyone who frequently wants to access the trunk...even the Z51 spoiler will be inconvenient. Hopefully, everyone who has one on order understands this and is willing to deal with it.
            Recently sold:
            Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 1100 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I will instead be opening the hatch by hitting the center fascia pressure switch then walking to the side of the rear fender, and with that switch creating a gap, sticking a finger or two into that opening and starting lifting up the hatch (just like my loading and unloading will be from the side).
              Does the rear hatch have a power close?

Comment

Yes it does.

Comment

Indeed.

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X