MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
2 of 3 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

SGM Walkaround Video Thanks To “Kevlar Bike”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This color combo intrigues me but I will wait to the SGM in person in different lighting conditions before I choose. I like the natural interior but not sold on the two tone seats. HTC is a given 😃, coupe never a consideration.

Comment

Are nacelles body color or black? In visualizer they are black, in configurator they are body color.
      C8 HTC Long Beach Red, 2LT, Body Color moldings, nacelles and roof. Natural Interior. Base Wheels, Will powder coat Black. Edge Red Calipers

Comment

They are what you are wanting (and willing to pay for @ $1,295 painted), i.e., do you want them body colored or do you want them carbon flash black? Note please that if you choose to have your nacelles be carbon flash black, they are only their top 2/3’s of the nacelles that are carbon flash, with the bottom roughly 1/3 always being body color.

From the current edition of the Order Guide (which is the most definitive and accurate place to confirm or modify what is in the visualizer):

Click image for larger version  Name:	6BDF4DBD-8C16-43F2-9758-EAECEDF5ED66.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	397.1 KB ID:	94376
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

SGM with those wheels is my combo. Looking forward to March 2020

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 6.06.15 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	94378
          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 12-07-2019, 05:12 PM.
          2020 C8 Corvette
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC
          Spectra Grey Tridents
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

The Spectra Gray Tridents will look great with SGM imo.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John..!!! Exactly what I was looking for. Visualizer shows black nacelles and roof.
              C8 HTC Long Beach Red, 2LT, Body Color moldings, nacelles and roof. Natural Interior. Base Wheels, Will powder coat Black. Edge Red Calipers

Comment

I'm also leaning toward SGM+ Spectra Trident wheels, but with Tan interior. I very much like the Convertible, bu not sure I want to wait.

Comment

Glad you are happy with the info, for the visualizer sometimes takes a while to “catch up.” When in doubt, I always rely on the Order Guide (not that it has been perfect, but very close to it especially after a week or two after a new model is included within it and it has been updated). In your case, having been to the HTC reveal and I talked with Harlan about this very subject, his pointing to HTC just a couple of feet away; he confirmed that “the customer gets to choose as to the “top of the nacelles’ color” (between body color and carbon flash black metallic).

Comment

HTC 6 motors durability and replacement and engine access:

With the HTconvertible, how do you access the engine? How much more time and trouble? What if any added labor cost? Any body know.

Is it a meaningful factor? Like: Gosh Darn! If I had known about this head ache, then I would have bought the coup.

6 motors. One or each 1 cost how much to replace? Life expectancy of each motor? Is durability based on time or frequency of open/close operation? Both? Moisture? Inside outside? Do it yourself design? Need expertise?

What have the great minds explored and discovered regarding this area of eventual interest to the HTC owner?
                    Last edited by SheepDog; 12-07-2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

If we order in January, can we order the HTC?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                        HTC 6 motors durability and replacement and engine access:

With the HTconvertible, how do you access the engine? How much more time and trouble? What if any added labor cost? Any body know.

Is it a meaningful factor? Like: Gosh Darn! If I had known about this head ache, then I would have bought the coup.

6 motors. One or each 1 cost how much to replace? Life expectancy of each motor? Is durability based on time or frequency of open/close operation? Both? Moisture? Inside outside? Do it yourself design? Need expertise?

What have the great minds explored and discovered regarding this area of eventual interest to the HTC owner?
                        The HTC’s motors are all electric ones, so little issues with their durability, and no hydraulic line leakage potential either. As to accessing its motor, take a small battery powered screw drill and remove 16 fasteners on the heat shield — so perhaps one minute to take it off, another minute to put that extra cover back on.

Comment

Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
                          If we order in January, can we order the HTC?
                          Ordering a HTC in late January is a possibility, but way too early to call it a probability, e.g., could instead start in early February.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X