MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Thinking about getting a custom finish applied to the stock wheel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting a custom finish applied to the stock wheel....

Personally, I like the look of the stock open spoke wheels. Just not a big fan of the color. Was playing around with photoshop (I'm no PS expert that's for sure). But Was thinking the wheels would look really good with a silver and black custom look. (Jeff Daum, I used your photo to start with).

What do you guys think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corv Wheel copy.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	92176

Looks great and will add an element of differentiation.

Comment

I like it...the standard wheels are often less than what they should be, they could do so much better with both design and color,IMO
      Recently sold:
      Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 1100 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

drbodzin, I love your wheel plan! There are a few speciality power coating shops that could do a two color look. Of if not your body shop could paint it that way.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Very nice. Another option. # 12020 !
          maybe silver lug nuts would look good too.
          I am sure reconsidering this over the S.GreyTridents. I sure would like to know the difference in weights - if any - for the different style wheels.
          Naturally, the rears are bigger, thus heavier than the fronts. And inquiring minds would like to know the offsets. Do we think these open spokers are directional ? Thanks again !
          C8er

Comment

Im going with the standard wheel and might paint or have them powdercoated or I might buy a new set of wheels that are wider up front...i haven't decided and probably wont fir the first year.

i tend to like the wheels especially the lip to be black...simply because if you hit a pothole or a curb and scrap the lip...just taking a little black touch up paint very easy..

All the same your wheels look cool ..

good luck.
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, however using vinyl decals instead of paint. A metallic look or hyper silver vinyl.

Comment

I like it a lot drbodzin

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post
                  Very nice. Another option. # 12020 !
                  maybe silver lug nuts would look good too.
                  I am sure reconsidering this over the S.GreyTridents. I sure would like to know the difference in weights - if any - for the different style wheels.
                  Naturally, the rears are bigger, thus heavier than the fronts. Thanks again !
                  Harlan said that the different OEM wheels are very close to each other in weight (fronts vs fronts; rear vs rears).
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Back to doing something custom to the SGM Tridents as originally planned. The open faced are keen, but they both give a nice view of the calipers which in black make the Corvette script/ Z51 decal really pop.
                    C8er

Comment

I orderd a ceramic car with bright silver trident wheels , I plan on powdercoating them red in the near future. Click image for larger version

Name:	YNBEzRd.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	92481

Comment

Now that's what is called EXOTIC.
                        C8er

Comment

What do you think it would cost to get that painted on the wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                            What do you think it would cost to get that painted on the wheels?
                            Better to power coat instead of paint. I've paid $600 to get wheels powder coated with same day turn around and it included mounting and balancing the tires

Comment

$600 doesn't sound all that bad. I'm having trouble digesting the $15-1600 for the optional wheels on the new C8. Seems excessive to me. The standard wheels cost GM something to make, and the optionals are still that much higher? That's why i like your idea, a little customization without adding another financed option. BTW, do they have to remove the existing finish to apply the powder coat? I'll have to look around for a local shop that can do that.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X