MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

High Quality C8 Video “INTERIOR Hands-On Review Electronics/Quality/Comfort: AMAZING”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Quality C8 Video “INTERIOR Hands-On Review Electronics/Quality/Comfort: AMAZING”

Learning more about the interior dash/IP systems and our hundreds of different drive set up options. Super video by HorsePowerObsessed!

Click image for larger version  Name:	427BFCA2-D5E1-432A-AC19-DE2535E8561B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	320.6 KB ID:	90696
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Very good video on the tech features. Excellent responsive screen. Great to see. My only concern would be the highly reflective glass screen while driving in sunlight. It's even hard to find a tV these days which doesn't have a highly shiny screen. Why not Matt Finish so were not looking at everything else except the screen from the reflective surface?
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
      Very good video on the tech features. Excellent responsive screen. Great to see. My only concern would be the highly reflective glass screen while driving in sunlight. It's even hard to find a tV these days which doesn't have a highly shiny screen. Why not Matt Finish so were not looking at everything else except the screen from the reflective surface?
      Yeah, I always get matte screen protectors for my phone.

Comment

Well, this confirms my suspicion. All the climate controls are available on the central screen, so the Great Wall of Buttons really isn't necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
          Well, this confirms my suspicion. All the climate controls are available on the central screen, so the Great Wall of Buttons really isn't necessary.
          This was exactly my question. Why have them in both places?
          Check out my YouTube channel for all kinds of Corvette content:
          www.youtube.com/c/horsepowerobsessed

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Learning more about the interior dash/IP systems and our hundreds of different drive set up options. Super video by HorsePowerObsessed!

Click image for larger version Name:	427BFCA2-D5E1-432A-AC19-DE2535E8561B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	320.6 KB ID:	90696
            Thank you for posting this!

Comment

Great video HPO! You really nailed it covering the screens, etc. One observation on the Great Wall- SHE can adjust all of the controls on HER side with the wall!
              Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                Great video HPO! You really nailed it covering the screens, etc. One observation on the Great Wall- SHE can adjust all of the controls on HER side with the wall!
                That's literally the ONLY reason I can see they would have left it that way since everything can be adjusted on the infotainment system.

Comment

Originally posted by HorsePowerObsessed View Post

This was exactly my question. Why have them in both places?
                  As pointed out in a July video interview with Alexis Rausch, Corvette Infotainment Manager, “some users prefer buttons, other prefer IP screens to change climate controls” and GM wanted to give both their chosen method.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

As pointed out in a July video interview with Alexis Rausch, Corvette Infotainment Manager, “some users prefer buttons, other prefer IP screens to change climate controls” and GM wanted to give both their chosen method.
                    Ah, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                      Originally posted by HorsePowerObsessed View Post

That's literally the ONLY reason I can see they would have left it that way since everything can be adjusted on the infotainment system.

Navigating the on-screen menus requires the driver to take his or her eyes off the road much longer than finding and pressing a physical button.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Navigating the on-screen menus requires the driver to take his or her eyes off the road much longer than finding and pressing a physical button.
                        Also true.

Comment

Exactly.....the points made above as to why have the row of buttons. Safety for one, and common sense..some controls do not need to be solely on a touchscreen in a vehicle. People take their eyes off the road entirely too much already. It is not a good idea to have a built in iPad that you use to control everything in the car, and have no tactile buttons to control commonly used items. It might look cleaner in a design but it is impractical and not very safe for a vehicle. I like the climate controls exactly the way they designed them in the C8, and it still incorporates the passenger controls conveniently, cleaner look actually.

Comment

The bottom five or six buttons are solely for passenger controlling their environment. That leaves roughly 10 buttons the driver might wish to engage. The seat heater bottom (one of them) is not going to be important for what 9 months of the year, for some never.

I remain convinced that after a driver has driven a C8 for a couple of weeks, as many of the center buttons are tactilely different from each other, that the driver will need to look over the remaining buttons to change any of them. As a specific example, while I have only sat in a C8 three times (not even totally ten minutes), yet I already know by feel how to raise or lower the driver’s side cabin temperature without even looking, and which buttons raise and lower the fan speed progressively.

Comment

I agree 100% with both options. I personally like the buttons and feel it is better to work with and keep my eye on the road. Others may feel the opposite so good job Chevy/Corvette.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X