MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Interviews Harlan Charles Re The C8 & More: ON NOW

What a wonderful Corvette Today podcast!!! Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...enea/a-a2qtt60. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8.  You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market. Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car.
See more
See less

[VIDEO] Wrecked 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible Behind the Assembly Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Wrecked 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible Behind the Assembly Plant

Click image for larger version  Name:	111619_12b.jpg Views:	20 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	90375

Cross-posted from CorvetteBlogger:

Byron from Drive 615 traveled to Bowling Green today in hopes of catching a glimpse of a 2020 Corvette, especially one in Accelerate Yellow if possible, but instead, he came up with a wrecked 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible wearing full camo that he discovered parked behind the Corvette Assembly Plant.

From Drive 615 via YouTube:

Found a wrecked 2020 C8 Corvette Convertible at the Corvette Plant in Bowling Green Kentucky. It has the prototype camouflage wrap on it and is missing a wheel completely. The airbags were deployed as well. This is the first crashed C8 and the first C8 Convertible I have seen in person.

Last edited by CorvetteBlogger; 11-16-2019, 08:09 PM.
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

That looks like a very early test car. It doesn't have the production taillights.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

As they say, to make omelets, you have to crack a few eggs.

Comment

Considering the relatively few C8s that must be in existence, there seems to be a high % involved in mishaps
        Vin # 2539
        Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

I'm skeptical that car is wrecked, I don't see any body damage, what he describes as deployed airbags could be just plastic covering up the seats. An early convertible test mule would have no further value, it may just be waiting to be crushed.
          Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
            Considering the relatively few C8s that must be in existence, there seems to be a high % involved in mishaps
            How do you figure? There's only 1 recorded C8 crash and the details came out that it wasn't the drivers fault. The C8 that spun out in the snow in Detroit is not a crash. This vid does not verify that the car has been crashed or wrecked. In fact there's no indication that it has been. Its a prototype car that goes through a lot of different testing and we have no idea what this car was used for or why its in the state that its in. High percentage involved in mishaps? No truth to that at all.

Comment

After closer examination of the pic in the first post this is not a vert. You can see the removable roof laying sideways over the cabin and the hinge points for the rear desk lid. The vert has two distinctive panels with the rear one having a triangular shape. The coupe has a fixed panel that is rectangular like we see in the pic. Due to the rear deck lid being removed it gave Byron the impression that this is a vert. This is a coupe. And there's no indication that the airbags have been deployed. You just cant see that. Looks like there's some sort of bag and other stuff piled up on the rear but there aren't any airbags back there so no telling what it is. May have been the bag containing a car cover for all we know.

Comment

I think it's just an early test mule waiting for the crusher
                Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X