MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Just messing around with my fiber laser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just messing around with my fiber laser

No, not for sale its just for my private use but looks pretty cool on this anodized dog tag.
    Attached Files

Skilled work!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Skilled work!
      Thanks John its not that hard really, but will make some nice luggage tags when I finally get my car.
      Tried to upload the video but it was to large.
      Last edited by jack1954; 11-09-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

that is the next thing I want to learn, CNC. Engraving and machining. I currently use DRO, and love it compared to Micrometers and dial indicators, but have to learn programing to go full CNC. so many doors open when you know these things. Great job on the "tag"
        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
          that is the next thing I want to learn, CNC. Engraving and machining. I currently use DRO, and love it compared to Micrometers and dial indicators, but have to learn programing to go full CNC. so many doors open when you know these things. Great job on the "tag"
          Rather than learning g code, maybe consider a program like Fusion360. I think you can get a free license if not for commercial use.
          They do both the design and CNC side.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1954 View Post
            No, not for sale its just for my private use but looks pretty cool on this anodized dog tag.
            Why not make em and sell em to the community?

Comment

Originally posted by Supa_Fly_Z51 View Post

Why not make em and sell em to the community?
              I'm sure there is a copy right that goes along with that C8 logo and can't be sold for a profit but if you want one PM me. Here is a picture of a metal business card I did for my salesman.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	0206200526_resized.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	110044

Comment

To make use of any GM logo (or pretty much any corporate logo) there are licensing fees involved. GM has a contract with a company that specializes in licensing their logos. Our Corvette club is licensed to use images of Corvette logos for club purposes, without charge, because of our affiliation with a Chevy dealer. But to be legal we did contact the licensing agent and get written permission to use the various logos.

But only for non-profit club purposes. If we were going to start manufacturing and selling for profit anything with those logos we'd need a separate license, and that one would not be free.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Very nice job jack1954

Comment

Originally posted by jack1954 View Post

but if you want one PM me.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	0206200526_resized.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	110044
                    PM sent, please verify and thanks

Comment

Looks neat jack1954 , I'll sure you'll get a lot of PM's about this. Thanks for posting it !
                      A thought if I might ...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X