Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/12: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Do these color samples look accurate to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these color samples look accurate to you?

Watching this newly posted C8 video courtesy of Auto Mafia Racing on YouTube it shows the usual color samples that are part of the tour. This still was taken at 3:51:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 10.03.23 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	647.5 KB ID:	86787

These samples have always looked extremely inaccurate to me, however for some reason in this video I don't find them that far off.

This brings to mind a few questions:

1. Does anyone else think these look more accurate to the way they look on actual cars?
    2. If they do, perhaps that Accelerate yellow is accurate too?
    3. Have I watched too many videos and these really don't look any different?

IMO the colors on the models aren't very accurate to the actual cars. For example, the Long Beach Red Metalic "model" doesn't have any metallic in it -- or at least any I could see. Like the colors on the collector coins these are just approximations of the sprayed on final colors. Or at least I hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
      IMO the colors on the models aren't very accurate to the actual cars. For example, the Long Beach Red Metalic "model" doesn't have any metallic in it -- or at least any I could see. Like the colors on the collector coins these are just approximations of the sprayed on final colors. Or at least I hope so...
      Looking at this the next morning, I’m not as convinced as I was. They still look inaccurate to me too. For whatever reason I thought they looked a bit different last night.

Comment

Do these color samples look accurate to you?

Nah. The Blade Silver doesn't look anything like my C7 Blade Silver Metallic. Maybe they got the Blade Silver and the Ceramic Matrix Gray mixed up since the Ceramic Matrix looks more like Blade Silver except no metallic.

My answers to your Qs;

1. No
        2. No.
        3. Maybe but even so the samples don't look accurate to me.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	78.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.8 KB ID:	86819Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.4 KB ID:	86809Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	86810Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.4 KB ID:	86811Click image for larger version  Name:	11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	86812Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	86813 I think that lighting and type of came Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	86814Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.0 KB ID:	86815Click image for larger version  Name:	22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.6 KB ID:	86816Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	86818 ra makes it impossible for us to tell the true colors. Here are my pics from the Scottsdale tour stop. They look totally different than the ones posted above.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Accelerate C8; 10-31-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

We loved our Velocity Yellow C7. If AYM looks anything close to it, I will be sorry that I did not order it. I want AYM to be a success, a gorgeous color for those that want it, yet not so much of success that for the 2022 year when we get our Z06, that GM does not revert back to VY or to Millennium Yellow or something very similar to those two.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I think the colors on the display models are accurate, but our cameras don't show the colors well at all. I've seen at least two of the display boards and the model/colors look correct. I've not been able to get a good picture of them. Their small size also doesn't allow you to get a good feel for how a color will look when full size. Just my 2C here.

Comment

This reminds me of when we bought siding for our new Vermont home. We ordered it based on the colors on the advertising pamphlet. We wanted a light, lgiht gray. The siding was ordered, and put on. I was out of the country on a work assignment at the time. When I saw it for the first time, it was already on the house, and the color was tan.

You really cannot get a good idea without seeing an actual car in natural light. Another reason to not order a car, sight unseen.

Comment

I've seen 11 of the 12 colors in person (Elkhart Lake Blue and Sebring Orange on C7) and I don't think they are very accurate.
                  1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                  2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

The orange was not even close.

Comment

When I saw them at stingray chevy, my first thought was that they all looked darker . they had a matrix gray car out side the front door that wasn't nearly as dark as the sample on the Wall. The car was orange and the small sample seemed considerably darker than the car right next to it.

Comment

I saw the board accompanying the orange car on two occasions, and I also thought all the samples were a shade or two darker than the actual colors as I knew them on the C7. And the orange sample did not match the orange car a few feet away.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X