Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Re-Examining C8 Front Lift (Or Not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR X View Post
    As to my prior #14 thread, I want E60, but don't want/will not be ordering Z51 or MRC. There's my issue.
    E60 is a stand alone option. Does not require Z51. It does require 2LT or 3LT.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

meyerweb, I know. ordering 2LT. Please reread my earlier thread #14 for my actual intent. I'd rather do without E60 if need be, to not have my order constrained (E60 w/o MRC & Z51)

Comment

meyerweb, I know. ordering 2LT. Please reread my earlier thread #14 for my actual intent. I'd rather do without E60 if need be, to not have my order constrained (E60 w/o MRC & Z51)
        Now I understand. My 2 cents worth: buy what you really want. If your order is delayed by a couple of months, you'll forget about that as soon as you drive your car. If you give up on something you really want, you may regret it for years.

See this thread, too: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-options/page2
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsaz View Post
          I might be wrong, but that picture looks to me to be of a car shot on a sisal mat on a soft surface. Being a flexible material, it might compact under the wheels as the car tolls by and rebound as it rolls off. If this car was not driven backwards, the surface the photographer is measuring off of may not have been compacted at all. However, the surface under the wheel seems to be.

Beyond someone laying a smartphone with an inclinometer app against the hard plastic surface, we need a measurement on pavement. Anybody?

GM could, on the other hand just give us a quick drawing with the angles and dimensions. Just a thought,
          It's the carpet that travels with the show car. Might compress a very small fraction of an inch but the carp[et itself is pretty thin, so it may not be readily measurable.

Comment

It would have been nice to have had more technical information out of GM before I placed my order.

The GM info was heavily biased to marketing speak.

As it is my decisions were based on forum information, rather than clear GM info.

I believed that the front lift took away the Z51 adjustability (hope that was correct) and that clearance was 5.3" (obviously not).

Too late now for me.

2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 12/2/19
            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
            Z51 + MRC
            Spectra Grey Tridents
            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

Here's a low angle "laying on the pavement" photo that shows both the spats and the leading edge of the Z51 splitter. Get out your protractors!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-TorchRed-00-Medium.png
Views:	211
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	80446

Comment

Looks fine...i wouldnt sweat it. Worst case scenerio Ill sell the car for a small loss early on and move on.

thanks for posting the photo.

that car looks bad @$$ ...for 67 grand for the z51 fe4 Im in.

Last edited by JB; 10-09-2019, 04:51 PM.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                  It would have been nice to have had more technical information out of GM before I placed my order.

The GM info was heavily biased to marketing speak.

As it is my decisions were based on forum information, rather than clear GM info.

I believed that the front lift took away the Z51 adjustability (hope that was correct) and that clearance was 5.3" (obviously not).

Too late now for me.
                  my understanding is that it (the front end lift) doesn't, but the MRC does. At least that's what the engineer told me at the 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMDOM69 View Post

my understanding is that it (the front end lift) doesn't, but the MRC does. At least that's what the engineer told me at the 25th.
                    That would be the exact opposite of what was posed on this forum based on supposedly knowledgeable comments.

curiously I'd thought it was a sticky, now I can't find it.

This is from another good source

The following are important details as you consider how you want to spec your 2020 C8 Corvette....

1) The adjustable spring seats are only available on the Z51 optioned Corvettes. You can NOT adjust the ride height on a non-Z51 C8 Corvette.

2) The adjustable spring seats on a Z51 optioned Corvette are identical regardless of whether you order Magnetic Selective Ride and they are adjusted manually in the same manner as well.

3) THIS IS THE BIGGIE...if you option your Z51 Corvette with the Front Lift System, you will ONLY be able to adjust the REAR spring seats because the lift system replaces the adjustable spring seats on the front of the car.
                    As I said already, it would have been better if GM had posted a note about this issue somewhere.
                    Last edited by Bikerjulio; 10-09-2019, 04:25 PM.
                    2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 12/2/19
                    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                    Z51 + MRC
                    Spectra Grey Tridents
                    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

Let’s take this apart. The Z51 without the E60 front lift option, has rotating, height-adjustable spring perches. When one adds in the E60 option, the front loses its adjustable spring perches (can not rotate when coupled with the E60 straight up and down action). However, the Z51 coupled with the E60 option still leaves the rear coil over shocks capable of being height adjusted.

All the above is why since I am getting both options, I will either get aftermarket shorter springs or use my steel plate flat in the bottom of the frunk method to get the stance I want yet retain 1.6” lift capability.

BTW, the upward amount for the E60 is not compromised by having Z51, and in fact 1.6” lift is without the Z51 option and with the Z51 option it is a little bit more than 1.6” (saw one estimate as 1.67”).
                      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

The constraint was only for the Sept. concensus. Once the strike is settled, non Z51 2 & 3LT orders with E60 should be ready to go to 2000, mine included.

Comment

Good point JustOneMore, that if the October consensus is cancelled (as it is believed right now), the number of production timing constraints would start to diminish greatly (except timing constraints will probably not change for the Q1 and Q2, LPO dealer installed accessories that we can all add later.
                          Last edited by John; 10-09-2019, 10:52 PM.
                          GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Wanted the FL, but Decided in the end to order with-out it, I won’t miss what I never had and it’s just a toy Not a daily driver. I will lower it about an inch lower front and rear after the first week of ownership

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-Colors-TorchRed-00-Medium.png Views:	99 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	80446
                              I hope this is stock height...looks awesome to me just as we see it here.

ill daily that with a big @$$ smile on my face without a problem.

(i took out my protractors and threw them in the garbage)
                              Last edited by JB; 10-09-2019, 11:47 PM.
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

My inner 13 year old demanded the front lift. I actually do need it where I live but it's something I could do without if scraped up splitters weren't an eyesore.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X