C8 HTC Trunk Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 HTC Trunk Pictures

For those wanting “a picture is worth a 1,000 words,” here we are thanks to JDIllon.

Originally posted by JDIllon
    JDIllon3

Some one asked about pictures of the front and rear trunk. Here are some that I took at KSC. the rear is 55"inside the rubber edge wide. About 16" straight down in the center and 24" at an angle to the deepest part. Didn"t measure the front, Sorry.

The rear is really quite large. My friend has a 720S and they (C8’s) are both huge compared to the little one he has in front. SIZE Matters!!!! JD
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AC8ADD4F-30B1-4CF4-A8C1-AE504528C340.jpeg
Views:	464
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	79270Click image for larger version

Name:	6F38B557-4337-4B4E-A76C-586DEDBF2A99.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	79271Click image for larger version

Name:	6C6AA7FD-5F90-4304-AFCD-CD2D733A423F.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	79272Click image for larger version

Name:	2973E72C-709F-4925-9694-A46DED78B898.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	79273

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Those wanting frunk dimensions, we have had it measured by a few of us earlier and it is roughly 14 1/2” front to back, 24 1/4” wide, with a front height at 18” and a rearmost height of 21” inches. I am not now finding the frunk lid picture that someone earlier took, but it nicely shows that on its underside it is recessed about 1 3/4” inches all around, so one could probably stick in something taller than those height dimensions by that additional amount.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Are the front and rear 'trunks' slammers or do either of 'em have the automatic 'pull down' feature once the latch is engaged???

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
        Are the front and rear 'trunks' slammers or do either of 'em have the automatic 'pull down' feature once the latch is engaged???
        The rear hatch on the coupe has the pull-down feature. Not sure about the frunk or the smaller lid on the convertible's trunk.

Comment

John
          Did a search for pictures of the coupe trunk, but only ones I could find were full of luggage.
          What I was interested in was if the coupe has that forward bulge in the rear trunk like the HTC.
          Thanks
          3LT AYM. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts. #130 on MacMulkin's list.

Comment

The rear ones are electric pull downs if you get the lid within 1/2” of closure. The front you have to close yourself, but not slamming or real force is necessary — just a firm downward push.

Comment

Originally posted by USCANAM View Post
              John
              Did a search for pictures of the coupe trunk, but only ones I could find were full of luggage.
              What I was interested in was if the coupe has that forward bulge in the rear trunk like the HTC.
              Thanks
              Yes, the two trunks (coupe and HTC) are identical. What is different is the deck lid/hatch covers.

Note this first picture (as meyerweb correctly noted below is not of a HTC coupe.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8585D391-EDC0-4A6E-8181-1408DD402364.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	79309

Here is the correct, HTC trunk picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9166389D-28D2-41D4-8B45-B37A3FC3E5D9.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	79454
              Last edited by John; 10-06-2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Yes, the two trunks (coupe and HTC) are identical. What is different is the deck lid/hatch covers.

Click image for larger version Name:	8585D391-EDC0-4A6E-8181-1408DD402364.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	79309
                Thanks.
                So it appears that both models have the same cargo capacity.
                3LT AYM. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts. #130 on MacMulkin's list.

Comment

Yes, both the C8 couple and the C8 HTC have the identical cargo capacity, which is absolutely fantastic news for all who feared that the C8 HTC’s total cargo capacity would be abysmal or at the least be less than the C6’s and the C7’s. We now know that those fears were absolutely ungrounded, and in fact the C8 HTC’s cargo capacity is greater than the C6 convertible’s and the C7’s convertible’s cargo capacity.

Specifically the C6’s convertibles cargo capacity was 10.5 cu ft with the top up and 5.1 cf ft with the top down:

http://www.c6registry.com/January04/...ifications.htm

And the C7’s convertible’s cargo capacity was 10.5 cu ft:

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...2015.tab1.html

​​​​Compared to the CD8 HTC’s cargo capacity being 12.5 cu ft both with the top up and the top down, i.e., another major congratulations to the C8 Corvette team!!!

Comment

Originally posted by USCANAM View Post
                    John
                    Thanks
                    If you check out my post at https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...n-in-las-vegas you will find in the 4th and 11th images (top to bottom) clear shots of the empty truck on the C8. You will see that they are indeed the same as in the images here said to be from the HTC. [clicking on the respective image will bring it up full size]
                    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-05-2019, 11:32 PM.
                    Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
                    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
                    Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
                    blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Thanks Jeff for 100% confirming this for us all!

Comment

Are you sure these rear trunk photos are from a 'vert? This trunk appears to have the clips to hold the targa in place, and it's unlikely the 'vert has those. Also, you can see part of the engine cover and the carbon fiber engine appearance package in one of the photos. That's not going to be the case in the 'vert. I think these shots are from a coupe.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                          Are you sure these rear trunk photos are from a 'vert? This trunk appears to have the clips to hold the targa in place, and it's unlikely the 'vert has those. Also, you can see part of the engine cover and the carbon fiber engine appearance package in one of the photos. That's not going to be the case in the 'vert. I think these shots are from a coupe.
                          Really good points Bob. I took the post to be accurate of the HTC. I have not seen one in person. My post of the match was to the pictures posted.
                          Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
                          Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
                          Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
                          blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

meyerweb was spot on, that the above picture was of a C8 coupe’s trunk; here is the best HTC trunk picture I have yet seen. Thank you AutomobileMagazine.

Also confirming that both the coupe and HTC’s trunks are identical.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEAA0D99-69B4-465D-BC7F-49931F2B1577.png Views:	0 Size:	448.5 KB ID:	79452

Last edited by John; 10-06-2019, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Without the brackets for the targa, the 'vert's top might be a few cubic inches larger.
                              Last edited by meyerweb; 10-07-2019, 07:39 PM.
                              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X