Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

New (9/6) C8 At ’Ring Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (9/6) C8 At ’Ring Video

Thanks to LeftLaneNews, we have this latest video. Some parts are totally new to us.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Wow! Love the sights and sounds! This car will be amazing!!!

Comment

Awesome LeftLaneNews Thanks - Looked like one HT Vert and one Coupe. Love watching the testing on the track. Hopefully we will see many more. They both had the bottom splitter on this time.
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by Larryfdx View Post
        Wow! Love the sights and sounds! This car will be amazing!!!
        . I too thought the sounds of today’s video amazing. **** good driving too.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

That was a fun video to watch. Good thing these videos do not self destruct, Mission Impossible style, after watching them the first time. I have watch today’s three times already.
          Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

The DCT is quite apparent in the sound track.

For those of you that have driven cars with DCT, what do you think the reaction will be of those Corvette owners who don't have experience in a car with a DCT???

When we picked up our Aston Martin, I was told before I drove the car that there was (Quote) 'nothing wrong with the transmission'! In normal driving, it takes a bit of time to get used to it. Now I really love it, especially when it automatically down shifts when slowing down from speed, and blips the engine when rev matching. Our Ferrari is a 7 speed and it does the same thing but it's actually smoother..... unfortunately as much as I hate to say this, it really doesn't sound quite as good as the Aston.

My point being, for those who are not out playing with the paddles, the transmission may take some getting used to. After a bit of time behind the wheel, I'm sure most will have a very hard time going back to a conventional automatic..... or even a 3 pedal car for that matter.
            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

I've spent a little time driving a car with a DCT. I still find a good, old fashioned, row it yourself shifter to be more engaging and more fun, and I never find it to be annoying or troublesome.
              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That test driver was gettin it! Who takes the reign from Jim Mero now that he is retired? Maybe we should have an “Ask Jim” section?

Comment

At first, I thought there was just 2 ME's, but the vid shows 4 different tag numbers-***476 thru ***479

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
                    That test driver was gettin it! Who takes the reign from Jim Mero now that he is retired? Maybe we should have an “Ask Jim” section?
                    It was Alex MacDonald who set the ZR1 lap record at VIR, beating the Ford GT by over one second, so he sure is more than eminently capable. We yet do not know who else besides Alex, is that outstanding.

Last edited by John; 09-06-2018, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smilegas View Post
                      At first, I thought there was just 2 ME's, but the vid shows 4 different tag numbers-***476 thru ***479
                      smilegas, excellent observation on your part. Never seen anyone else figure that out. Well done!!!

Comment

That is exciting that GM brought 4 different ME’s to the Nurburgring. We have never before heard of GM bringing more than two. GM is seriously committed to making the C8 well sorted, great handling machine.
                        Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Excellent find. I count 2 of each as follows

476 Conv
                          477 Coupe
                          478 Coupe with pentastar wheels
                          479 Conv

Funny that someone went to a lot of trouble hiding the plates in all those still photos only to have them fully visible a couple of days later. What was the point of that? Is there some spy pap's code of ethics? These are manufacturers plates so there's no personal privacy issue.
                          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-07-2018, 04:36 AM.
                          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                          Spectra Grey Tridents.
                          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Plus it's a good sign for us Convertible buyers that they appear to be at the same stage of testing. Our hope being that they will be released at the same time.
                            2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                            2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                            Spectra Grey Tridents.
                            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

Excellent find. I count 2 of each as follows

476 Conv
                              477 Coupe
                              478 Coupe with pentastar wheels
                              479 Conv.
                              Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                              Plus it's a good sign for us Convertible buyers that they appear to be at the same stage of testing. Our hope being that they will be released at the same time.
                              Thank you smilegas and Bikerjulio, for your posts have brought a big smile to me and others. Good reporting!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X