Latest C8 side renderings - Street Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest C8 side renderings - Street Version

I just completed a new side view rendering of the C8 Street Coupe we see in the track images. This new rendering is very accurate to the details that can be discerned from the images and some of the other info we know or think we know.

I think this is a fair representation of the car but things "could" change and details remain hidden... but not for long.!

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 side orange.jpg Views:	1 Size:	875.7 KB ID:	7688

Last edited by fvs; 09-05-2018, 03:43 PM.

And here is the HTC VERT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 side view street vert top up RED.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	895.7 KB
ID:	7692Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 side view street vert top down RED.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	926.3 KB
ID:	7693

Comment

A happy day for us all. Thank you fvs! That is one exciting car.

An ecstatic day for Sebring Orange lovers.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

FVS has another exciting rendering for us, a GIF of the HT convertible in action.

Click image for larger version  Name:	369B905F-9DF4-4D38-82C5-0268B8BBF25D.gif Views:	1 Size:	878.4 KB ID:	7696

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you firstvettesoon. These renderings are getting us closer to imagining the final car.
          Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

FVS you are super talented, these are fantastic! I wonder how it would look in arctic white......
            Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
            2000 status 2/13/2021
            3000 status 2/17/2021
            3300 status 4/23/2021
            3400 status 5/5/2021
            3800 status 5/22/2021
            4000 status 6/4/2021

Comment

Great render...but this is not an attractive automobile (respectfully). This will prove inaccurate in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Djnsoxfan View Post
                FVS you are super talented, these are fantastic! I wonder how it would look in arctic white......
                The white version is up there...

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post
                  Great render...but this is not an attractive automobile (respectfully). This will prove inaccurate in many ways.

In what ways are you thinking? I think there will be "refinement" and other details but it will certainly be recognisable from this IMO.

If they are now testing aero, handling, cooling performance etc, they can't be changing "major" elements at this point.

Looks like it fits in... I'm sure the final result will be more refined.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 with 488.jpg
Views:	3475
Size:	750.7 KB
ID:	7705
                  Last edited by fvs; 09-05-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

The side intake is wrong. I know you are drawing what you see but what we are seeing is wrong. Also, the height of the front fender where it meets the headlight appears too tall in your render to my eyes. Respectfully, I believe you have the following correct:

roofline
                    headlight
                    tailllight
                    top of rear fender line
                    front and rear bumper

the door and intake is not close. There is an extension of the intake line on the door but that giant triangle looking thing we are seeing is not production. Also the shape of the intake on the quarter panel is not as shown on the camo car.

Again, I know you are drawing what is being shown, but the profile of the car is not correct because the door and intake is significantly different than what is being shown to us. I also believe the front end of your fender appears a little too short.

Please do not take offense (you or mods). I am not intending to be an ****. I am simply stating my opinion that the car we are seeing is much further from the truth than what we think.

I sent you a PM earlier. Please take a look. The intake flows low into the rocker panel. See post below
                    Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-05-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	A6070DF5-F963-4773-A063-5531154D3DF9.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	344.0 KB ID:	7712Click image for larger version  Name:	732716CB-5CE6-40A3-9616-0576DC394553.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	7711Click image for larger version  Name:	00659652-4283-4FD2-A7A6-47CE2C1796C8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	188.5 KB ID:	7710
                      Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-05-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

No Problem. Glad you are looking close!

That shape you are drawing here is closer to the C8R scoop shape...which may show up in later models like the z06/zR1 version.

The problem is the door convolutions and how they converge with the scoop.

There certainly could be a bit of trickery going on...but they would not get accurate data on cooling if they did not run the car with the final factory design parts.

I think this is what we were seeing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 side scoop strange shape.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	7720

Also note the CAD intake shape and size.

the opening in the body starts high and terminates mid door/center wheel well...as does the spy and render... and does not go down to the sil like the "R".

The "up-swept" feature under the scoop and "bulge" is visible on the CAD as well.

Don't know what the holes are just behind the scoop but it may be for trim or insert of a scoop cover?

Still not sure why it shows a rear fender top intake and the cars do not...at least not yet...

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 cad copy.psd scoop.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	7721
                        Last edited by fvs; 09-05-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Nice rendering. Hope the car is better looking than the rendering. I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                            Nice rendering. Hope the car is better looking than the rendering. I don't like it.
                            I'm sure it will be. But dead on side views are not the most flattering views. I did it just to show the features and relationships.

In the comparison above with the 488, it looks good. The 488 looks a bit like a red turtle in that pic...

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                              No Problem. Glad you are looking close!

That shape you are drawing here is closer to the C8R scoop shape...which may show up in later models like the z06/zR1 version.

The problem is the door convolutions and how they converge with the scoop.

There certainly could be a bit of trickery going on...but they would not get accurate data on cooling if they did not run the car with the final factory design parts.

I think this is what we were seeing.

Click image for larger version Name:	c8 side scoop strange shape.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	7720

Also note the CAD intake shape and size.

the opening in the body starts high and terminates mid door/center wheel well...as does the spy and render... and does not go down to the sil like the "R".

The "up-swept" feature under the scoop and "bulge" is visible on the CAD as well.

Don't know what the holes are just behind the scoop but it may be for trim or insert of a scoop cover?

Still not sure why it shows a rear fender top intake and the cars do not...at least not yet...

Click image for larger version Name:	c8 cad copy.psd scoop.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	7721
                              Yes, the opening in the body starts high and ends on the door where the horizontal door line interjects...BUT it is my opinion that the scoop line continues into the rocker area (and this rocker area opening cools the brakes). The intake scoop is continuous but intercepted by the horizontal line on door. The bottom portion cools the rear brakes. I may, in fact, be describing the higher performance variant but I don’t think so.

i don’t think the fake panel they have on there is going to interfere with the track testing and the cooling of the naturally aspirated motor in this car.

I’ve stated what I wanted with respect to my intake theory. Out of respect for your drawings and the time commitment you have made over the last several months, I won’t continue to hammer my point. It is documented here and time will tell.
                              Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-05-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X