Great Long Beach Red photos please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Long Beach Red photos please

Hi all -- I'm looking for some really great photos of Long Beach Red. I know there are a few here on the site, but most are shot on cloudy days and the color is very muted. Can anyone please help?

LBR’s beauty shots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BB94A9DC-04CB-4EC4-A88E-7A209605B352.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	504.9 KB ID:	75477

Click image for larger version  Name:	7648106F-DAC1-457A-838C-023AADB95FEC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	75472

Click image for larger version  Name:	E5D8DB88-C256-45F9-8827-D09C31064A42.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	223.3 KB ID:	75468Click image for larger version  Name:	0D28DC7C-B4DB-4EC9-8DA1-7AFF83CE0857.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	242.9 KB ID:	75470
    Last edited by John; 09-26-2019, 12:39 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBB4C7D5-E5C4-42A9-877A-CAD0EE08EFD3.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	75475Click image for larger version

Name:	8B301882-A213-4551-BD8B-8DFF74B5AF00.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	75476
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Plenty of sunny shots in the Long Beach Red thread: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...h-red-metallic

I took these and they are in that thread but here they are again.

Name:	IMG_1382.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	4.21 MB
ID:	75480

Name:	IMG_1383.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	75481

Name:	IMG_1384.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	4.06 MB
ID:	75482
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Thank you all -- the C7 photos really show the color well. I have a LBR C8 on order and am still just a tad on the fence about the choice. I've had LeMans Blue and Lime Rock Green --but never a red car before.

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
            I took these and they are in that thread but here they are again.
            I'm really glad you took and posted those shots Brad, they finalized my decision about whether to go with the body-colored exterior trim or not (not).

Comment

Is it just me or is that C7 Zo6 one beautiful car!

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

I'm really glad you took and posted those shots Brad, they finalized my decision about whether to go with the body-colored exterior trim or not (not).
                I don't think you can get the combination shown in the C8 pic. I think if you get the side boomerang body color the from and rear vents also are.
                Not sure that matters to you or not, but something to verify

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post
                  I don't think you can get the combination shown in the C8 pic. I think if you get the side boomerang body color the from and rear vents also are.
                  Not sure that matters to you or not, but something to verify
                  You're correct, if you order the Body Color Exterior Trim option, it changes the boomerang, the rear air exhaust, and the front air intake trim. All of those appear to be on the LBR C8 above, although the rear air exhaust vents are in such deep shadow it's easy to miss them. Remember that for the front, it's not the air intakes themselves (the sorta hex grille) that becomes body colored but rather the thin horizontal bar and the vertical outside edge, the trim piece.

A handy dandy illustration I made a while back is below. Ignore trim piece #4, that's the STI option, but the EFY Body Colored trim option changes pieces 1, 2, and 3 from the default black.

Name:	CorvetteC8-BodyColorExteriorAccents-01-Medium.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	534.7 KB
ID:	75562

Originally I was determined to get those pieces in body color but my opinion slowly changed over time. When I saw those LBR pics it suddenly hit me -- something was missing. The design didn't look complete. It needed that boomerang. That's when I switched to keeping the default carbon black versions instead.

Saved a bit of money too.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

You're correct, if you order the Body Color Exterior Trim option, it changes the boomerang, the rear air exhaust, and the front air intake trim. All of those appear to be on the LBR C8 above, although the rear air exhaust vents are in such deep shadow it's easy to miss them. Remember that for the front, it's not the air intakes themselves (the sorta hex grille) that becomes body colored but rather the thin horizontal bar and the vertical outside edge, the trim piece.

A handy dandy illustration I made a while back is below. Ignore trim piece #4, that's the STI option, but the EFY Body Colored trim option changes pieces 1, 2, and 3 from the default black.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CorvetteC8-BodyColorExteriorAccents-01-Medium.jpg Views:	5 Size:	534.7 KB ID:	75562

Originally I was determined to get those pieces in body color but my opinion slowly changed over time. When I saw those LBR pics it suddenly hit me -- something was missing. The design didn't look complete. It needed that boomerang. That's when I switched to keeping the default carbon black versions instead.

Saved a bit of money too.
                    Thanks for clarifying 👍
                    I like the two tone look also-except for a body color wing.

Comment

I also ordered the C8 with Long Beach Red, and was a bit apprehensive since my C7 is Crystal Red Metallic, and love the color. All apprehension was gone after I saw it at Carlisle, it looked beautiful, can’t wait😊😊

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_13172.jpg Views:	5 Size:	234.3 KB ID:	79048Click image for larger version  Name:	image_13173.jpg Views:	5 Size:	259.3 KB ID:	79049Click image for larger version  Name:	image_13174.jpg Views:	4 Size:	314.2 KB ID:	79050Click image for larger version  Name:	image_13175.jpg Views:	4 Size:	844.5 KB ID:	79051 The new visualized does a much better job of showing the true color of LBR, here are a few screen shots of the one I have on order.
                        Last edited by George369; 10-04-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by George369 View Post
                          The new visualized does a much better job of showing the true color of LBR, here are a few screen shots of the one I have on order.
                          You're right, the build-and-price site has much better lighting and paint colors. But the Natural interior color seems off to me. In your pics it looks more like the old Kalahari than the new pale tan Natural color. Also, the carbon flash painted wheels look more gray than black.

But anyway, great looking combo you've got!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	05D99009-6180-4F2A-BD1A-737B77692C76.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	273.3 KB ID:	79088Click image for larger version  Name:	F0521CE5-0BCE-48B0-8977-52EC14B0260C.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	315.8 KB ID:	79089Click image for larger version  Name:	F0D0DD73-6E39-4B9C-BC4B-E26223496F6B.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	306.2 KB ID:	79090 Thanks Klinn, you are right, not perfect, but much better than the previous
                            visualizer. The wheels should be sterling silver. The Natural interior looks
                            much better from the interior view.
                            Last edited by George369; 10-04-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X