Odd and interesting visualizer experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd and interesting visualizer experience

Last night, and again this evening, I encountered something new with the visualizer, but not consistently. Instead of the normal layout with 7 tabs across the bottom, there were only two: exterior color and interior color. And only two toggles at the top (headlights on / off was missing. See first image, below.

Even stranger, when viewing the interior, I had full 360 degree, 3 dimensional scrolling. Not only left - right, but up - down, and the ability to spin the image left and right at any position up / down. Could view the headliner, see the seats and console from the top down, any angle I wanted. But then it went away again. Wonder if GM's developers are testing something new. (You'd think they'd have a test server, though - maybe they want to see how it stands up to a higher volume of users. Anyway, see the shots below the first. It's pretty cool.

Initial view:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 7.31.25 PM.png
Views:	443
Size:	791.7 KB
ID:	72374
    Interior shots:

Name:	Screenshot 2019-09-15 at 11.11.27 PM.png
Views:	395
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	72375

Name:	3LT roof 3D.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	72376

Name:	2LT interior 3F view 1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	660.4 KB
ID:	72377

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	852.7 KB
ID:	72378

Name:	3LT interior driver 3D.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	870.4 KB
ID:	72379
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

I also had that happen. I think the software developers are doing testing on updates to the software and we're just intermittently seeing it in action. It was pretty darn cool though. For me, I was able to get it to show up by letting the normal configurator time out and then when I went to look at the interior, it would do what you are describing.

Comment

Originally posted by drbodzin View Post
      For me, I was able to get it to show up by letting the normal configurator time out and then when I went to look at the interior, it would do what you are describing.
      That happened to me last night, but doesn't seem to be doing the same thing tonight.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I noticed the same thing, just now. Interesting, but assume it will resolve itself.

Comment

I believe that when it gets too many requests at the same time, it shuts down some of its category options. Or maybe as drbodzin suggested, it was when it was in the middle of some updates.

I had this happen to me the day before yesterday, but when I doubled back about ten minutes later, I was able to get the full meal deal.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

It's not just taking away options, it's adding a whole new level of detail and flexibility to viewing the interior.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >35,000+ miles

Comment

Here's a quick video showing this 3D interior configurator in action.

Last edited by drbodzin; 09-16-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Sounds cool ! I had seen some folks post pics and wondered how they got a shot of the headliner. I've been unable to get the tool to move in those directions for me thus far.

Comment

That is fascinating. Thanks for finding and sharing it with us. Let’s hope that this is coming for us all, and all of the time.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Thank you drbodkin for that wonderful video. I will try it later tonight when I have some time.

Comment

Mine does it quit often. Sometimes it will change the body color all on it's own to one that is different than that which I've selected and saved. It's other trick as of late is to keep repeating the same picture you last took,even though you've rotated the body to a different position. Or, when trying to look at a specific two tone interior, it will show one of a different color combination. Go figure .....
                      2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

By any chance, were you able to view the headliner in the 2LT trim? I'm curious to know if it has the same stitching details as the 3LT.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          I believe that when it gets too many requests at the same time, it shuts down some of its category options. Or maybe as drbodzin suggested, it was when it was in the middle of some updates. I had this happen to me the day before yesterday, but when I doubled back about ten minutes later, I was able to get the full meal deal.
                          Earlier today I sent Harlan an email commending the team for developing it — noting how much we are loving it. Traffic on the visualizer remains consistently incredibly high, and in his email response a couple of minutes ago, he confirmed that when it is being requested by a very large amount of individuals at one time, it defaults to 2D.

Again superthanks to drbodkin for taking a video of it so we can see how it works. Might I get up at 1:00 AM PST tonight to enjoy my 3-D experience???

Comment

Originally posted by cenzoooo View Post
                            By any chance, were you able to view the headliner in the 2LT trim? I'm curious to know if it has the same stitching details as the 3LT.
                            Sorry but the headliner in 2LT does not have the stitching artful design it does on the 3LT. Those designs come with the IWE option (Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package, includes headliner, visors, trim above windshield and rear window, and A-pillar trim), which is standard on the 3LT, but not available on the 2LT.

Welcome cenzoooo. We are glad you joined us here!

Comment

Originally posted by cenzoooo View Post
                              The 3D Visualizer currently does not let you seect trim level.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X