Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Visually Z51 or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
    With it, it kinda looks like a Camaro in drag, LOL.

Does anyone know if there is a delete option for the spoiler and splitter if you order the Z51 package ? I asked my dealer and they had no idea.
    Where’s the thumbs down 👎 button.......

No spoiler delete option.
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I saw the corvette c8 z51 with the rear spoiler and its better in person.

Im ok with the spoiler if you are not. Then just dont buy the z51 or buy the z51 remove the spoiler and put an aftermarket spoiler that covers the holes..

its not that had but we do have options.
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        I saw the corvette c8 z51 with the rear spoiler and its better in person.

Im ok with the spoiler if you are not. Then just dont buy the z51 or buy the z51 remove the spoiler and put an aftermarket spoiler that covers the holes..

its not that had but we do have options.
        Yeah, what he said! Take it off your Corvette and bolt it on your Camaro .....😂

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

I suspect they designed it without the spoiler, and tested it without the spoiler, on both track and wind tunnel. I think the spoiler is there for looks mainly , I don't think the car needs the extra downforce , in fact it slows it down, and the engineers know it. That said, the spoiler looks awesome, and if it's your choice , it will personalize your car in a big way.
          "slows it down." In a straight line, sure. On a track with corners, downforce significantly improves cornering speeds, which except on the fastest tracks improves lap times. There's a reason every race car uses some sort of wing or spoiler.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

Yeah, what he said! Take it off your Corvette and bolt it on your Camaro .....😂
            Think it would look good on the roof of my Toyota Highlander?
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Think it would look good on the roof of my Toyota Highlander?
              Put ya some a them there flood lights on it.....now ya got sumtin!

Sorry....lost my mind for a minute......

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                What I feel is ridiculous is that GM is making us pick up the car with the stock spoiler even if we order it with the High Wing Option. If they know from square 1 the vehicle is getting the high wing option then why not put it on the car to begin with.
                You may have noticed that the Order Guide says the various GM car covers are not available if you have a high wing. I wonder if the same applies to the white "clown suit" that the cars are shipped in? Maybe they don't fit if the wing is attached. If so, you would think they would just make up two different styles, but maybe there's more to the logistics than is apparent to me.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
                  I suspect they designed it without the spoiler, and tested it without the spoiler, on both track and wind tunnel. I think the spoiler is there for looks mainly , I don't think the car needs the extra downforce , in fact it slows it down, and the engineers know it. That said, the spoiler looks awesome, and if it's your choice , it will personalize your car in a big way.
                  I feel a lot of people confuse "fastness" with "quickness". Yes, the non-winged C8 has a faster top speed, but the Z51 with the wing is quicker to 60 mph, and I'll go out on a limb here, quicker around a track as well. Dare I say, it might even be faster on the straights. Also, don't see myself doing 180+ in the C8, so moot point for me.

As for the testing, I have 100% confidence that the aero options were also tested via fluid dynamic modeling and in the wind tunnel, to ensure another Countach moment didn't happen (Quick History lesson, the wing on the Countach actually created lift and made the car worse to drive).

That being sad, high wing and the aggressive side skirts/rocker panels for me.

Comment

It’s funny to me how the spoiler looks decent sometimes and not so much in other pics (I haven’t seen in person). Furthermore, I think it looks good in body color on some exteriors and better in carbon flash in others (lighter exterior colors for me). Both spoiler and not have their visual appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                      It's also a good shot for showing the difference between Ceramic Gray and White.
                      The Ceramic Gray one is the first I've seen with the transparent roof. Looks great as I'm sure it will with my Blade Silver. Like the way the transparent roof extends to the window top as opposed to the much more expensive Carbon Fiber top which sorta looks like a "top hat" because the area above the windows remain body colored.

Comment

YES ! I like the look of the Z51. Spoiler, more filled brake rotors, splitter...... the whole look.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	841A21F0-79FB-4151-8917-EFCD0D6A7FC6.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	767.6 KB
ID:	71238

When i look at this poster that i put up in my garage i know I ordered the car just the way i want it..

just the way im a crappy photographer this poster looks better in real life as does the car.

this has the body colored spoiler and mirrors and Im ok with the spoiler as it ships.

the test mules had some kind of camouflage that really made the spoiler look horrible in some shots...like a melted droopy thing etc...

in real life I saw a leaner rear spoiler and it fit the torch red paint scheme.

i do believe cars like the zeus bronze are better served without the z51 rear apoiler as it was a more elegant sophisticated color
                          Last edited by JB; 09-13-2019, 03:47 PM.
                          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

The spoiler construction goes below the skin to the chassis/frame. Possibly need to have the under-skin work done on production line before later removing spoiler and replacing with high-wing?
                            First Car: 1974 Fiat X1/9 mid-engine.
                            1985 Toyota MR2 first generation mid-engine, 2000 Toyota MR2 third generation mid-engine, 2005 Lotus Elise mid-engine.
                            Currently own 1993 Corvette Convertible. Time to merge mid with Vette.

Comment

I think the Z51 spoiler looks better on the actual car than in pictures. It makes the car appear more balanced.

Comment

The only reason I would even think about the Z51 package would be to get the adjustable ride height shocks. But I much prefer the looks of the car without the spoiler, so I'll wait and see if there appears any aftermarket parts that will be developed to be able to lower the car, or I'll install some aftermarket adjustable shocks myself. Sure I can find some for much less than the $5000 Z51 charge.

Plus, since I drive my Corvette in the winter, road conditions permissible, the summer only tires that are part of the Z51 package will negate this.
                                Last edited by USCANAM; 09-13-2019, 04:38 PM.
                                3LT AYM. Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts. #153 on MacMulkin's list.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X