Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

760 HP Yet Slower To 60 Than The C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 760 HP Yet Slower To 60 Than The C8

Yes, something costing $14K more than the C8 Stingray and having literally more than 50% more HP, and it is a half second slower to 60 MPH.

As always I enjoy Jason Fenske’s Engineering Explained videos.

Last edited by John; 09-11-2019, 11:19 PM.
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Jason's Awesome. I felt like I was in trig class all over again. It will be interesting to see where the braking number comes in. Spectacular explanation. Thanks John
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I hated math as a kid, but I do enjoy his videos. This also reaffirms my decision to pass on the GT500 in favor of the C8 having owned a GT350. All 3 cars are awesome and are unique in their own way.
      Rapid Blue/Jet Black 1LT, Z51, carbon flash open spoke wheels w/yellow calipers, competition seats w/blue seatbelts

Comment

As is obvious, thee two cars could not be more diametrically opposed. Both great in opposite ways. One a fine warp speed scalpel. The other one a warp speed train.
        GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Very interesting. I have three takeaways.
          1) Freedom Units-love it!
          2) high center of gravity facilitates acceleration. (Did not know that)
          3) Future Z06 will need to have wider rear tires to improve on 0-60 time. Wider tires need wider bodies 👍

Comment

We are living in an amazing time for production cars with supercar performance.

the gt500 is cool. The zL1 camaro is great. The redeye from dodge is crazy...

the c8 is my personal choice.
            Last edited by JB; 09-12-2019, 11:11 AM.
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              We are living in an a,azing time for production cars with supercar performance.

the gt500 is cool. The zL1 camaro is great. The redeye from dodge is crazy...

the c8 is my personal choice.
              My thoughts and feelings exactly. 👍
              I never thought I would live to see such fantastic vehicles being produced.
              Good times indeed!

Comment

I like muscle cars to a degree. Massive power, burnouts and all that, but, why pay that much for something that is not a true sports car. I have always been a Corvette guy. More interested in carving up nice curvy roads with a lighter weight 2 seater. If I had a muscle car I would also want a Vette or even a Miata.

Comment

To be fair the GT500 will clearly outperform the C8 above 60mph on a straigth line. But 2.9s is just crazy fast, can't wait for the MotorTrend review on a racetrack

Comment

Originally posted by 68roadster View Post
                    I like muscle cars to a degree. Massive power, burnouts and all that, but, why pay that much for something that is not a true sports car. I have always been a Corvette guy. More interested in carving up nice curvy roads with a lighter weight 2 seater. If I had a muscle car I would also want a Vette or even a Miata.
                    What is your reasoning saying it's not a true sports car? Just wondering? The Miata is actually Americas favorite sports car for the money, however I would never consider purchasing one. Not to say there is anything wrong with it, but lets face it it's not even close to an American Muscle Car. The Me Vette and the New Mustang definitely are.
                    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I am not saying no one should buy a mustang. I would prefer a Hellcat or Redeye if I was looking for a heavy, super powered US made car. Would also prefer a Mustang over a lot of other sporty cars. I know a Mustang can handle fairly well, but I am one of those guys that is fairly strict about sorting things into GT's versus Sports cars, etc. Just my opinion. I like a lot of cars: street rods, etc that I don't consider sports cars.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X