Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

mild or wild with the color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mild or wild with the color

Now that we're getting into the Lamborginie mid-engine arena, my research tells me that the most popular Lambo colors are yellow and orange. It surprises me that they are not very popular at all on Corvettes. I think the C8 in yellow is going to look amazing

The more exotic the car the wilder the color imo. I'll be going for SOT in MY 2021 assuming its still available.

Comment

Thanks for your first posts jsnowball81. Historically GM has favored continuance of those colors that are popular. While we have not seen C8 SO ordering rates, it sure was a popular color for 2019, with amazingly over 40% of ZR1’s being ordered in that color and a high take rate for the remaining C7 models.

Best of luck to you on your 2021 color choice being available.
      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

• 2018 stats
        • Arctic White – 20.3%
        • Black – 16.3%
        • Torch Red – 14%
        • Watkins Glen Gray – 11.5%
        • Ceramic Matrix Gray – 11.3%
        • Admiral Blue – 7.3%
        • Long Beach Red – 6.2%
        • Blade Silver – 5.9%
        • Corvette Racing Yellow – 4.1%
        • Black Rose – 2.3%
        • Sebring Orange – .8%

Comment

Black Rose = 2.3% and Sebring Orange = .8% (that's less then 1%). They discontinued Black Rose and kept making Sebring Orange! Go figure!!

Comment

Sebring Orange was introduced late in the model year. It was around 8% for 2019.
            1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
            2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
              Now that we're getting into the Lamborginie mid-engine arena, my research tells me that the most popular Lambo colors are yellow and orange. It surprises me that they are not very popular at all on Corvettes. I think the C8 in yellow is going to look amazing
              You forgot green.

Comment

Is Sebring orange tint coat metallic

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
                  Is Sebring orange tint coat metallic
                  Yep, it's a metallic.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...2533#post62533
                  Last edited by Mobius; 09-11-2019, 06:58 PM.
                  Current Vettes:
                  '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                  '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
                  Upcoming Vette:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 two-tone seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

I ordered torch red but I was hoping the new yellow was a pearl metallic yellow, I would have really struggled to make a decision on the color. Thanks GM you made it super easy for me!
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
                    C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

Define "wild." Torch red is very popular.

But GM knows it's customers. They offer 5 colors in the white to black spectrum: white, carbon matrix, silver, shadow gray and black. Corvette owners are conservative, I guess.

If the C8 succeeds in attracting younger buyers, maybe the color palette will change. (For what it's worth, I've always thought sports cars should be bright. I'll likely buy Torch Red. Would consider Rapid Blue, but the spouse says it's ugly. )
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Wild....I always think of sports cars as birds of prey with the swagger of a peacock.
                        Rapid Blue/Jet Black 1LT, Z51, carbon flash open spoke wheels w/yellow calipers, competition seats w/blue seatbelts

Comment

Originally posted by Prince View Post
                          Wild....I always think of sports cars as birds of prey with the swagger of a peacock.
                          Yeah, well, mine will be a black bird!
                          A RAVEN if you like!
                          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Nothing wrong with a stealthy approach either.
                            Rapid Blue/Jet Black 1LT, Z51, carbon flash open spoke wheels w/yellow calipers, competition seats w/blue seatbelts

Comment

has anyone seen a c8 in yellow on a real in-person car?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X