Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Poll: Does a body color or Carbon Flash Z51 spoiler look cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Does a body color or Carbon Flash Z51 spoiler look cleaner?

I find the rear of the C8 busier than ideal, particularly with the Z51 spoiler. So, I'd like to minimize its visual impact. Do you think it looks cleaner with a body color or Carbon Flash rear spoiler?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 4.11.45 PM.png Views:	6 Size:	628.1 KB ID:	70356Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 4.12.25 PM.png Views:	6 Size:	644.0 KB ID:	70357
    Attached Files
    Body color
    71.43%
    Carbon flash
    28.57%
    Last edited by SteveS; 09-11-2019, 01:28 PM.

Personal taste obviously. It's up to you. I voted as to your question of Cleaner (body color) I like the carbon flash as I feel it looks more balanced.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I voted body color, but I think it depends on the color and the look your going for. On white, and probably other light colors with the carbon flash accents, going with carbon flash on the mirrors and spoiler is a good look.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Personally I like the look of a carbon flash spoiler and wrapped my C7 spoiler from body color. I did vote for body color because I do think that looks "cleaner". I wanted a "dirty" look.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
          I voted body color, but I think it depends on the color and the look your going for. On white, and probably other light colors with the carbon flash accents, going with carbon flash on the mirrors and spoiler is a good look.
          I'm getting Ceramic Matrix Grey and share your perspective, so leaning towards Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler.

Regarding looking "cleaner," my thought is that the darker Carbon Flash color will make the spoiler and the whole rear end look smaller. Likely in the same spirit as the design team made the lower part of the rear fascia Carbon Flash.

Comment

We decided to go with body color ( spoiler and side mirrors) since this will be my wife’s daily driver we felt the carbon flash was more for track car. Also we are doing accelerate yellow and felt it was a bit too much “black” giving it a bumble bee appearance

Comment

Since your poll question said "Cleaner", I'd have to say Body color..... however, depending on the color of the car, I prefer Carbon Flash.

We ordered our TR Z51 car with the contrasting CF mirrors and spoiler. Had I ordered ELB, I would have gone body color. Personal preference. No wrong answers on this one.

Comment

Body color is cleaner. Carbon flash looks good though. I'm not a huge spoiler fan, so the body colored spoiler works because it's more subtle.

Comment

Good question. Im thinking body colored rear spoiler so the rear spoiler doesnt stand out as a separate tacked on item.

but then again...thats exactly what it is...

seems as though corvette stylists are quite bold in their convictions...that was the designers vision of what a c8 z51 is...

the launch vehicle in torch red z51 did show the rear spoiler in black...

im probably going body color but still sort of tossing the idea around since I haven't gotten the call yet to nail down the order. (I have a real hard time with the gm visualizer photos...i have to see real photos of the car not computer generated so best to view carlisle photos or other youtube glimpses of the c8.

thanks for posting up this discussion. I too will look at the suggestions and insights many of our fellow members offer up.

Going body colored does allow for a switch to black wing with a wrap if you get the motivation after purchase to change things up if you decide ..
                  Last edited by JB; 09-12-2019, 12:30 PM.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I'm with capevettes on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
                      Since your poll question said "Cleaner", I'd have to say Body color..... however, depending on the color of the car, I prefer Carbon Flash.

We ordered our TR Z51 car with the contrasting CF mirrors and spoiler. Had I ordered ELB, I would have gone body color. Personal preference. No wrong answers on this one.
                      I changed my ELB to body color spoiler. It looks cleaner.
                      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

Thanks for your thoughtful discussion, folks. This discussion is making me realize the spoiler not only makes the rear end busier, it makes it bigger. And I'd like to minimize both visual impressions.

The poll clearly shows most folks think Carbon Flash would look busier than body color. Would you agree that Carbon Flash would tend to make the rear end look less big?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X