Found Great High Wing Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    The only two colors offered OEM for the high wing are solid black and carbon flash metallic black . I chose every single time I could, to go with carbon flash instead of regular for black.

But of course all that is important is that when each of us looks at our car, we break out in a smile.
    Also offered in Torch Red, Shadow Gray, and Arctic White on cars of those colors. Carbon Flash on cars of other colors or when ordered with Carbon Flash painted mirrors. Unless there is info contradicting the Order Guide.

Comment

Are there still no “real world” photos of the high wing or extended rockers on a car?
      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post

Also offered in Torch Red, Shadow Gray, and Arctic White on cars of those colors. Carbon Flash on cars of other colors or when ordered with Carbon Flash painted mirrors. Unless there is info contradicting the Order Guide.
        Thant CaryBob for that correction!

No real world pictures yet.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Love that wing...this continues to be a must have for me, but since I am doing Museum delivery it will need to wait, well I am going to order it as soon as possible and just keep it in the box till I have time to install it .
          My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
            Love the wing Darn it John now it’s back on my live order for this coming Thursday. My deposit will cover it, so it’s like I never knew I had that extra money😳In the first place. Now what color do I get on my RED car? red or carbon flash, I am running out of time till my Allocation is ready on the 12th.
            I think carbon fiber or carbon black would look great with the red car.

Comment

What about red with black end caps?
              Last edited by Meldoon; 09-10-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

It looks like in one of the above pictures, the end caps are removable, so paining that them red would be very cool.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Why do you say it only comes in solid black or cf black? It comes in several body colors (5ZU-Arctic white, torch red, black or shadow gray) or carbon flash (5ZZ)

Comment

I was properly corrected by CaryBob above. You and he are correct.

Comment

This is from the accessories catalog. Hope it helps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_12040.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	70246

Click image for larger version  Name:	CDE68E86-BC74-4E28-BDA8-ECE663251233.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	959.9 KB ID:	70247
                      Last edited by lashedup; 09-11-2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

What an outstanding looking exotic car, as if it starts at $225,000!

Oh yes, it is the new 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray, and you can get exactly what is shown in that picture for $72,755.

Thank you “lashedup” for reminding us of that stupendous beauty/stupendous bargain.

​​​​
                        Last edited by John; 09-11-2019, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          What an outstanding looking exotic car, as if it starts at $225,000!

Oh yes, it is the new 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray, and you can get exactly what is shown in that picture for $72,755.

Thank you “lashedup” for reminding us of that stupendous beauty/stupendous bargain.

​​​​
                          No problem John. Just trying to help.

- jamie

P.S. if you right click on the images and open in new window they should be a nice size to look at.

Comment

i like it , but cant do the museum delivery with it , which id rather have

plus working the parts counter at chevy , emp pricing will suffice for most the accessory add-ons

Comment

High wing re-visited. Closeups of “lashedup’s”s above great pictures, I am appreciating the endplates being far from a flat plane.

The C8’s head aero designer is Kirk Bennion. He has a passion for wind tunnel time. According to Tadge, Kirk spent over 100 hours in the GM’s two different wind tunnels just fine tuning the C7 ZR1’s aero. Kirk is also a HPDE instructor and a racer himself, so the endplates are way more than visual foci, i.e., they nicely have that visual three-dimension component. And for sure also functional. It is going to be interesting to see when finally announced, what the increase over the Z51’s 184 MPH top end will be for the wing. [Of course, still less than 194 MPH for the base car.]

I think those of us who get the high wing are going to be very pleased the first time we see it on our own cars. And surprised by its complexity! Fasttoys pointed out that it also actually sticks out behind the car too — something I had earlier missed, as I did that its “mounting stanchions, at least in these pre-production pictures, are black regardless of what the wing and its endplates are.

Click image for larger version  Name:	55C902E4-D5FA-4CF0-94BF-A62413AB6197.png Views:	0 Size:	438.5 KB ID:	72356Click image for larger version  Name:	704C3CF9-323E-4D2F-87E2-A199215A44A7.png Views:	0 Size:	425.1 KB ID:	72357
                              Last edited by John; 09-16-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

The undercut in the center also adds to its beauty. At first glance it appeared to be too plain. These new photos have exposed it much better.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X