MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

My goodness she's naked!!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On that jd_black_00 render above, I really like the way the side intake lower curve parallels the rear quarter window (intake?) curved shape. I like that kind of design styling integration.
    1999 Coupe - Black
    2002 Coupe - Millennium Yellow
    2008 Jaguar XKR - Liquid Silver

Comment

• That is a nice treatment. I also like repeating themes.
      Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvette Shadow View Post
        White leopard leotards went out of style in the 1980’s. Not attractive then, nor now.
        Good point lol

Comment

• It appears that the following Ring image is what jd_black_00 based their render off of. Very clean.

Last edited by Manta Ray; 09-05-2018, 12:03 PM.
          1999 Coupe - Black
          2002 Coupe - Millennium Yellow
          2008 Jaguar XKR - Liquid Silver

Comment

• I'd like to have those wheels from his render on mine!
            2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

• Changed the side window a bit. Fastback version.
              Last edited by MikeC8; 09-05-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Thank you very much Mike8. That is one really good looking car.
                Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

• All I can offer to all of you it "keep your powder dry!" There are so many "ifs" about the vehicle driving around in Germany that no one in their right mind should suggest what it is actually going to look like until she is truly naked.
                  Last edited by ltomn; 09-07-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• I am guessing that the 2020 Corvette that is revealed at the reveal, will be what she looks like truly naked.

And in the interim, I will continue to have faith fvs’s latest rendering. ​​​​​​​Which could be out in the next few XXXX (or sooner)...
                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

• It is fun for me to learn, and to realize that I/we will differently re-learn (as we get smarter) some of these identical things later.
                      Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

• Is the C8 going to be available in a convertible?

Comment

• Originally posted by wwilson80 View Post
                          Is the C8 going to be available in a convertible?
                          Yes, a retractable hardtop convertible.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

• Originally posted by wwilson80 View Post
                            Is the C8 going to be available in a convertible?
                            To elaborate on what meyerweb says.

There are clearly two versions of the car running around, distinguished by differing roof seams and rear view camera locations. The roof seam locations of the convertible are consistent with the type of roof seen on the Ferrari 458/488 spyder.

The coupe version appears to have a removable targa top.

I started a thread back last year detailing the differences, but I see that several months of threads have disappeared.

Coupe.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-06-23 at 8.52.04 PM - Edited.png Views:	8 Size:	662.8 KB ID:	33321

Convertible. The rear seam is a few inches forward. The camo on the convertibles is also quite different around the B pillar and the rear of the roof. The coupe has been shown with a naked rear window panel but the convertible has always been fully covered. In fact the photo below from many months ago is still the best one showing the butresses and vertical rear window of the convertible.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-06-21 at 5.00.15 PM.png Views:	8 Size:	904.6 KB ID:	33322

Convertible camera location

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-06-23 at 8.51.38 PM.png Views:	8 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	33323

Here are both together. Coupe in front. Note the higher camera location on the convertible. Also this shows another difference although a little subtle. It's the roof profile. The coupe has a central indentation producing a mild "double bubble" shape.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8-corvette-hits-the-ring-and-there-is-video-2018-09-05_15-17-08_538608.jpg Views:	0 Size:	834.3 KB ID:	33324
                            Last edited by Bikerjulio; 04-20-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Welcome wwilson80! No need for me to chime on your specific question in with the above expertise giving you the answer you wanted.

All I wish to do is to welcome you to the forum; I sent you a private message with more info, including a link on some forum how-tos. Glad to see you are already a comfortable forum poster.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X