See less

Corvette Should Only Hire Italian Stylists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Corvette Should Only Hire Italian Stylists" I disagree. I think the C8 interior looks a lot better than any of the Italians, or Germans for that matter. I own three Italian designed vehicles, two ending with an i. To my mind the C8 exterior is closer to a modern day Lamborghini than Ferrari, but it is clearly inspired by Italian design, yet with an American flavor and Corvette identity. It might date faster than the Ferrari swooping curves, but so might the Lambos. The C8 rear doesn't appeal to me, it's a little too busy. One area that can improve is the available color combinations. For example, I find that the Sebring Orange would look great with the two tone Tension/Twilight blue, but that's a non-recommended combination, and requires an $590 unlock fee. Furthermore, why not offer a black interior with orange stitching? Meanwhile it can be had with a Natural dipped. At Carlisle they showed a Zeus Bronze with Accelerate Yellow calipers. I find those choices odd. That said, the C8 design follows function and the utility value of the C8 is outstanding, and they've wrapped it in a pleasing way. I want one.
    Last edited by Gadgety; 09-07-2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
      I a ready for the call... ; ). American/ Italian.
      I would be happy to sort out and refine

I believe most of us would love to see your version of a re-worked rear end on the C8...might even consider taking mine to Dave Kindig or the like.

Comment

The Ferrari F8 Tribute is a fine looking car, but I think the C8 is even better looking, and the Ferrari 458 Italia is FAR better looking. The Ferrari's have gotten progressively uglier from the time they stopped selling the 458, which is only matched by the 250 GTO and the 288 GTO, IMHO. The intake "hole" in the front of the quarter panel on both the 488 and the F8 is HIDEOUS. The C8 side scoop is MUCH better looking.

Comment

It basically has ferrari styling except the very rear. since the C5, I’ve been shouting for a more integrated rear bumper design. I don’t necessarily think it needs active aero, that’s not what I am referring to (although it would be fantastic, albeit probably not realistic). What I am referring to is that the rear end, since the C5, come to an abrupt end. Very flat. IMO, the car is in need of an upward sloping rear integrated spoiler, nothing huge or outlandish, just upward sloping rear like the early C3s. I was keeping fingers crossed that the C8 would lose the tacked on spoiler look. Didn’t happen. Still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
            The Ferrari's have gotten progressively uglier from the time they stopped selling the 458, which is only matched by the 250 GTO and the 288 GTO, IMHO. The intake "hole" in the front of the quarter panel on both the 488 and the F8 is HIDEOUS. The C8 side scoop is MUCH better looking.
            Agree 10000000% I am shocked that more people don’t feel this way about the 488. When I first saw it, I thought it was a joke. That area of the car is absolutely hideous and completely ruins an otherwise beautiful design. The 458 will increase in value for many reasons and that is one of them.

Comment

If the Chevy designers wanted the car to look like a Ferrari, it wouldn't have been hard to imitate. Ferraris have a distinctive Style, and if the Corvette looked that it would be ridiculed. Corvettes bring their own style, which is based on function. The C2 Stingray was designed like a fighter jet , no lines out of place , and I feel the C8 is designed the same way. The big scoop on the side is not there for your amusement, it is there to suck air into the engine. The lines of the car are designed to direct the wind at high speed, and create downforce. There is very little on the car that was added gratuitously. The rear end is a bit subjective, I like it. I have no particular devotion for round tail lights. You want a Ferrari? Buy a Ferrari.

Comment

Agree that the 458 is the best looking late model Ferrari. Also the best sounding. I'd add the 275 GTB4 to the list of "best looking" Ferraris. And maybe the 512TR.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  Agree that the 458 is the best looking late model Ferrari. Also the best sounding. I'd add the 275 GTB4 to the list of "best looking" Ferraris. And maybe the 512TR.
                  No argument - the 275 GTB4 and the NART spyder version are both wonderful looking cars. Another one is the 599 Fiorino which was an inspiration, in many ways for the C7.

Comment

Well, another weekend where someone confused my C7 with a Ferrari. It's gonna happen a lot with the C8. Italian designers not needed.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X