Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB View Post
    Quarter of million versus 60 grand...

hahaha...the fact there is even a discussion of the two makes me laugh...

yes the ferrari is ever so slightly nicer looking...

starting at 60 grand are you actually surprised?

c’mon lets get real...

performance , handling , cost of ownership, reliability, durability all go to the corvette...

The discussion point is about the styling, not a comparison of which would someone buy.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
      Agree.... Even though I'm Italian ........... They couldn't pay me enough to own one.

If someone does, and you don't want it, PM me, we'll work out a deal to take it off of your hands

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post

If someone does, and you don't want it, PM me, we'll work out a deal to take it off of your hands
        Sorry, it goes to the crusher. I couldn't do that to a Corvette brother !
        2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post

Sorry, it goes to the crusher. I couldn't do that to a Corvette brother !

That makes me sad

Comment

Originally posted by theamcguy View Post
            Yes the Ferrari looks nice, it's supposed too it costs what $250K and is hand built. I am sure design is based on a the same price point as the rest of the car (drivetrain, interior etc.) Based on assembly line requirements a price point of $59,995, that is the design the Corvette team came up with. It's juts not a matter of drawing lines on a piece of paper and then telling someone OK build it. Designs and the engineering to build that design have a cost associated with it, given the requirements the C8 they designed it to meet the price point.
            AMC guy, welcome to the forum. Wow it's been a long time since I've seen that AMC logo. Had a 73 Javelin back in the day.

Design costs are certainly part of the cost of a vehicle, but I think USCANAM was just thinking that a few Italian designers may have done something different with the C8. GM did do such a great job on the C8 design, I can guarantee many will already confuse it with a Ferrari. I get that now occasionally with my C7 when they don't notice the Corvette logo on the front or the letters C O R V E T T E on the back.

Comment

The big difference though is that Ferrari will sell a few hundred new cars next year and there will be thousands of C8's sold. The fact that many more people get to enjoy something in the same conversation as a Ferrari without all those craze maintenance expenses or the buy in cost, tells me that the C8 will be the bigger hit.

Comment

Interesting question about styling. I very much love the styling of most (but not all) Ferraris, not to mention their performance. I have owned quite a few of them and still do. And I have had a number of corvettes and still do. I wasn’t planning on getting a C8 ASAP, but when I saw it in the reveal, along with the stated performance (and extremely reasonable cost), I laid down a deposit. The Italian design tends to have a more “refined” cohesive design, but the cars still have their flaws. I think the in house design is a distant second to pininfarina for design, and I covet the latter. The rear of the Ferraris can be a bit of an afterthought (to me) that does not gel with the rest of the car, somewhat similar as others have stated with the C8. FerrariChat is chocked full of Tifosi who complain over new design models when they are released, including the F8. The SF90 stradale was skewered to death 💀 on the site. Anyway, I love both of them, but moving forward, I will be purchasing many more corvette variants than Ferraris, as there are way more benefits and advantages to the vette over the exotics. I get just as many compliments on my Z06 (and previous vettes) as I do with any Ferrari. It’s off the subject, but the vitriol and jealous hatred I have seen towards me driving the Italian beauty (on occasion) doesn’t happen when I drive my vette. Throw in the reliability, lower insurance, servicing (free now on Ferraris) and comfort parking it virtually anywhere, and the vette is the winner

Comment

I do think this section of the C8 doesn’t flow as well as it could. Still the squareness of the C7 maybe the leftover from Tom Peters design era . He is retired now .Click image for larger version  Name:	8E254A52-1AE9-4413-98EF-D68347E25145.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	68539
                  Last edited by MikeC8; 09-06-2019, 03:37 PM.
                  RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3000 TPW 2/24

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Hah! That's hilarious!

I'm amazed you were able to get a plate for it. Thought you could only pull that off back in England.
                    I got the registration for it so long ago, the details are a little fuzzy.
                    Basically I sold the car to some guy in Georgia or Tennessee for a dollar I think, then he went across the State Line and sold it back to me with a new registration, or something like that. I do know he made a lot of money doing a whole bunch of cars, and I believe I heard he also did some jail time too for his efforts.

I also believe from reading the Ultima forum, it's "by the book now" in England getting the car initially registered, including emissions.

Actually, I don't know what I'm going to do here in Massachusetts now for the annual inspection since the car is registered as a 1970 Ultima CanAm. The garage that does all my inspections, used to just put on the sticker as a formality based on the fact it's over 25 years old. But now it's mandatory to have cameras recording driving the car in to the bay, and still camera shots of license plates and other things.
                    First time I brought the Escalade in to him for the safety sticker, and before he drove the car in, I explained to him I don't think the car will pass because the windows are too dark. Should I go home and remove the film.
                    He said no, roll down the windows!! Maybe he'll come up with something like that for the CanAm..

3LT AYM. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts. #130 on MacMulkin's list.

Comment

Originally posted by USCANAM View Post
                      Maybe he'll come up with something like that for the CanAm.
                      Well, I hope you are able to come up with some solution. Certainly cool to see something like that out on the streets. :thumbsup:

Comment

If only an Italian had designed the C8's rear end, lol. j/k. I agree that Italian automotive design ranks first in the world, but even they squeeze out the occasional tu4d.

Click image for larger version  Name:	261795.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.2 KB ID:	68579
                        Last edited by electroVette; 09-07-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Looks like the Ferrari could lose a few pounds. Makes me think of the Kardashians for some reason. Don’t know why. Lol. I prefer the Corvette. Maybe Ferrari needs to hire American designers. 😁

The F8 Tributo is very beautiful though. A true work of art!

Click image for larger version  Name:	5FB5DE91-8236-4EEE-A0E0-EA3B19B7B1ED.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	366.3 KB ID:	68583
                          Last edited by Dumbell2; 09-06-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I a ready for the call... ; ). American/ Italian.
                            I would be happy to sort out and refine

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                              I a ready for the call... ; ). American/ Italian.
                              I would be happy to sort out and refine
                              Hey fvs. What is your take on a wide body version of the C8. Would love to see it if you decide to make one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post

AMC guy, welcome to the forum. Wow it's been a long time since I've seen that AMC logo. Had a 73 Javelin back in the day.
                                Thank you for the welcome. I still have some AMCs out in the garage and just came back from an all AMC car show over the Labor Day Weekend.
                                Bill Strobel
                                Fayetteville, NC
                                1979 Corvette Original Owner

"Do It Right or Don't Do It At All"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X