POLL: Debadge C8 Front Fascia Or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Debadge C8 Front Fascia Or Not

We have seen a whole bunch of no front fascia V emblem C8’s. Please add your pictures of other ones into this thread, and also please vote.

Will you remove the front V emblem from your C8? [Easily removable, without the panel indent as we have on the C7, no attaching pins, etc., so if you were to remove it, there would be absolutely no trace it was ever on your car.]

First a few pictures.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FF69095D-5547-47C9-80C5-BD2905537DA3.jpeg Views:	96 Size:	200.5 KB ID:	67936Click image for larger version  Name:	EB786A7F-F6DE-496B-BD6D-EF6C2DA3A207.jpeg Views:	95 Size:	257.3 KB ID:	67937Click image for larger version  Name:	4987B9B0-6F82-418D-8E79-F767CEB45C30.jpeg Views:	96 Size:	352.1 KB ID:	67938

Click image for larger version  Name:	E274F25A-695E-46CA-B2D7-888535EE0108.jpeg Views:	96 Size:	296.7 KB ID:	67939
    No, looks good as Corvette team created it, with its emblem on the front fascia.
    42.11%
    Probably not, for the reason I want all to know it is a Corvette.
    7.02%
    Not sure for a few reasons; so will live with it and determine later.
    19.30%
    Probably going away, but still have minor doubts about its removal.
    7.02%
    100% for sure it is going away for the “cleaner” look.
    24.56%
    Last edited by John; 09-05-2019, 01:22 PM. Reason: Typo fix
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

I like to be different.......so I’ll leave mine on.....😎
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Possibly once the Z06 comes out and the warranty goes away I will modify the body for a 1 off radical look, only then will they go away.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
        I like to be different.......so I’ll leave mine on.....😎
        Thats my vote too. Not a clear choice on that. Your not different. The badges are great!! Proud to display. I think most folks leave them on.

Comment

Wonder how much wind restriction it causes .......... And is there an adverse effect on the top end ? Inquiring minds .............
          2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

It's going to L 👀K on my garage door ....
            A thought if I might ...

Comment

I normally don't like badges. Not a fan.of the fish on the trunk but the sweptback nature as well as the small size of the front badge is fine at least for now.

I probably will keep it on the car.
              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

They will all be gone by the time my car leaves Criswell .............. Just say'n !
                2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
                  They will all be gone by the time my car leaves Criswell .............. Just say'n !
                  You’re having the dealership take them off?

Comment

Thanks to my request of Jag and Keith, at Carlisle they measured the front V emblem and determined it is 4” wide X 4” tall. I will be removing my front “V”; I love the totally clean fascia and hood without one, but want to re-install the emblem somewhere on/around the front of the car so one could ID my exotic as a Corvette. But where to put the remounted front V (my state requires a front plate) ???
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post

You’re having the dealership take them off?
                      Yup, why not ? The detail shop at Criswell has their act together. Consider how many Corvettes they move through there.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Thanks to my request of Jag and Keith, at Carlisle they measured the front V emblem and determined it is 4” wide X 4” tall. I will be removing my front “V”; I love the totally clean fascia and hood without one, but want to re-install the emblem somewhere on/around the front of the car so one could ID my exotic as a Corvette. But where to put the remounted front V (my state requires a front plate) ???
                        That there is billboard size ............

Comment

I like the badging, only the stingray emblem on the trunk looks kind of off in pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            I like the badging, only the stingray emblem on the trunk looks kind of off in pictures.
                            That's the first thing that gets eliminated before my car leaves Criswell. The Corvette script follows in short order. I'm going to leave the Corvette X flag emblems alone.

Comment

I think these pre production cars with no badges were the ones wrapped in camo and the badges would have caused issues with the wrap.
                              1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                              2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X