MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Will The C8 Have Sufficient Cargo Capacity For Your Needs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Ralston View Post
    I'm curious about how hot things can get in the rear trunk. The place is thick with heat generating bits. Probably won't put an ice chest in there.
    There is approximately two inches of insulation between the trunk and the engine. I fail to recall which Corvette team member shared this with me, but the heat level in the C8 rear cargo area is no higher than the heat level in the C7 rear cargo area on a hot and sunny day.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Ralston View Post

      Was that an engineering test? And, as we all know, M&Ms melt in the mouth, not in the trunk.

      Just looking at the C8, you might never guess it could swallow so much luggage. Maybe some outfit will produce actual 'fitted' luggage for this vehicle. Maybe in Natural and Black (for mine). Are you listening?
      GM says the fitted luggage for the C7 will all fit in the C8. Doesn't come in the color of your choice, though.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

      Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >35,000+ miles

      Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

      Never grow up - It's a trap.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

        There is approximately two inches of insulation between the trunk and the engine. I fail to recall which Corvette team member shared this with me, but the heat level in the C8 rear cargo area is no higher than the heat level in the C7 rear cargo area on a hot and sunny day.
        Tadge shared that “if you want to store cold beer, store it in the frunk, but if you want to store pizza, store it in the trunk.” Then he went on to seriously say exactly what Jag quoted above.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

        Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

        Comment


        • #34
          Provided the cargo capacity stays the same, and the top is stored on top of the engine, the 12.6 cu ft storage will probably be market leader among convertibles. A hard top convertible, to boot. Most convertibles today have pathetically small trunks when the top is down. In fact, the storage capacity in the C8 is equivalent to the 2019 Bentley Continental GT 4-seat coupe, never mind their convertible. The C8 takes true Grand Touring to heart, and top down no less. The Corvette team have done a lot of things right with this car. It's so much more than a track day toy.

          Comment


          • #35
            I travel light, wife doesn’t do road trips. It’s more than enough room for me.

            I wonder if I will be able to take it to the gun range. That’s depending on if a long case will fit back there.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by CraZ8 View Post
              I travel light, wife doesn’t do road trips. It’s more than enough room for me.

              I wonder if I will be able to take it to the gun range. That’s depending on if a long case will fit back there.
              May be a problem with a 7.65mm Argentine Mauser with 29 inch barrel. But a M1 Carbine will fit just fine.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by CraZ8 View Post
                I travel light, wife doesn’t do road trips. It’s more than enough room for me.

                I wonder if I will be able to take it to the gun range. That’s depending on if a long case will fit back there.
                Just take the guns that fit 👍If you guns don't fit, buy a new one that does. Consider it a relatively cheap option that doesn't depreciate
                Biggest hurdle for me has always been the surface of the road leading into the range.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Gadgety View Post
                  Provided the cargo capacity stays the same, and the top is stored on top of the engine, the 12.6 cu ft storage will probably be market leader among convertibles. A hard top convertible, to boot. Most convertibles today have pathetically small trunks when the top is down. In fact, the storage capacity in the C8 is equivalent to the 2019 Bentley Continental GT 4-seat coupe, never mind their convertible. The C8 takes true Grand Touring to heart, and top down no less. The Corvette team have done a lot of things right with this car. It's so much more than a track day toy.
                  With the top down / off, the 'vert will have more luggage capacity than the coupe. Might be a first for the industry.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

                  Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >35,000+ miles

                  Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

                  Never grow up - It's a trap.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

                    Just take the guns that fit 👍If you guns don't fit, buy a new one that does. Consider it a relatively cheap option that doesn't depreciate
                    Biggest hurdle for me has always been the surface of the road leading into the range.
                    Lol, any excuse is good enough to buy more!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      It looks like it will have plenty of room, it might have more trunk space than my 2017 convertible (with the top down), of course that doesn't include what I could toss in the back seat LOL.

                      Also looks like plenty of room for range day fun, but in a soft case only, I doubt my pelican rifle case would fit back there.
                      My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

                      Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I think it will, but honestly, I think I will miss that big open space behind the seats. That's why I will keep my C4 and C7.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I took some rough dimensions of the frunk. Front to rear 15”. left to right 22.5”. depth 18” front , 22” rear. Keep in mind this is not a rectangular shape with sharp corners but rather a molded tub with curves. It was packed at the NCM 25th so I didn’t get goodman pictures.



                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Thanks for the dimensions C7R

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I use Sea to Summit light weight small back packs when we travel in the C7. Note only do they pack in tight spots but they are super soft with only 2 tiny plastic buckles. So I can’t scratch the car with them.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I think it will be ok for us. Often take a couple of folding chairs and usually a cooler. On longer trips we take two roller bags, a carry on and a bigger one plus a duffel bag. Also have a car care bag and it is rather bulky. May have to replace it. Not really sure it will hold as much as the C7 but we’ll still have our C5 too. C5 will hold all of the above plus a pop up shade.
                                There is a madness to my method!

                                2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                                2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                                79 coupe Silver/oyster
                                All one owner
                                Museum lifetime members

                                Comment

                                MECF_728x90_bottom

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X