MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Site Maintenance

Site maintenance is scheduled for Nov. 12th at 8:00 pm Pacific time. The site might experience a short outage, lasting no longer than half an hour during the maintenance period.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Will The C8 Have Sufficient Cargo Capacity For Your Needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will The C8 Have Sufficient Cargo Capacity For Your Needs?

Have sufficient C8 luggage capacity for what you are wanting?

We have learned that the C8 will accommodate the complete C7’s five luggage set. But how else can we envision the C8’s capacity to determine before we order one, whether it would accommodate our own capacity needs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7942FF99-D34E-46DB-B761-FEC997B9E16A.jpeg
Views:	935
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	66650

First to digress, I am only personally interested in luggage of excellent quality for we often take many-week-long road trips, we need it to last and last, and in between be sturdy enough to survive airport baggage handlers throwing it around.

I first became aware of clubglove.com’s luggage in conjunction with the National Corvette Caravan, but first saw it in person, studied its very robust at April’s NCM Bash. To describe it as extremely sturdy, would be a major understatement, for just one example of its heavy construction, please look at its four “riveted” metal intersection points. If interested, please visit clubglove.com or if you are an NCM member, one can get a discount at:

https://corvettestore.com/catalogsea...at=0&q=Luggage

But I digress, so perhaps you can best evaluate whether the C8 would meet your own luggage needs, these pictures showing it holding the following six at once from the frunk and the trunk, then watched these six being unloaded and lastly being taken inside the Museum on this carrying dolly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ECFC79E0-6117-448C-AC2A-DDB0384D71E5.jpeg
Views:	8302
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	66648Click image for larger version

Name:	CF522515-3CDD-4AF2-AB38-B607ACCD49CF.jpeg
Views:	857
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	66649

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

There's a video on Facebook showing that luggage being loaded. I know not everyone uses Facebook, but you might be able to view this even if you don't:

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Excellent import meyerweb! Thank you.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Big houses, big freezers, closets, big garages, big trunks and , big stomachs tend to invite stuff.

Comment

I'm curious about how hot things can get in the rear trunk. The place is thick with heat generating bits. Probably won't put an ice chest in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
            I'm curious about how hot things can get in the rear trunk. The place is thick with heat generating bits. Probably won't put an ice chest in there.
            But on the other hand, it might keep your pizza nice and warm after picking it up and heading home.

The only thing I'll miss with the C8's storage space is carrying my bike. With the C6 I can pop off the front wheel and lay it down in that nice wide area under the hatch. Oh well, for the few times a year I do a remote start, I can use the other car to transport the bike. Not a deal breaker.

Comment

One advantage of waiting for the convertible is you can use all the available luggage space for luggage, and still drive in the open air.

The front storage area looks like you could fill it with ice cubes and adult beverages.

Comment

Looks great. I wonder how much a set of luggage like that is.

I always dream of traveling the mid west with my son...doubt Ill ever actually would do it nut having a set of fitted luggage sure does look like it would do the trick...

of course seeing it in red going into a red c8 was fun to see.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Have sufficient C8 luggage capacity for what you are wanting?
                  Capacity looks fine. Difference for us is it looks like we won't be able to use the cat carrier in the C8. The cat travels with us on some trips. Worked fine with the C7. My wife says it would be "inappropriate" to put the cat in its carrier in the frunk or back with the engine. I think shes right. Not sure how we will handle this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Capacity looks fine. Difference for us is it looks like we won't be able to use the cat carrier in the C8. The cat travels with us on some trips. Worked fine with the C7. My wife says it would be "inappropriate" to put the cat in its carrier in the frunk or back with the engine. I think shes right. Not sure how we will handle this.
                    i think your wife is absolutely correct as you might possibly cook the kittie..

please listen to your wife.
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Depending on the size of the cat, a soft sided see through fabric cat carrier, in the passenger compartment. On the passenger side floor, now and then on the passenger's lap.

If small, it may fit between the two passengers, but I have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

i think your wife is absolutely correct as you might possibly cook the kittie..

please listen to your wife.
                        I always do!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                          Depending on the size of the cat, a soft sided see through fabric cat carrier, in the passenger compartment. On the passenger side floor, now and then on the passenger's lap.

If small, it may fit between the two passengers, but I have my doubts.
                          QSL. We'll probably try that. Might be OK as long as its not a multi hour long drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                            ...a soft sided see through fabric cat carrier, in the passenger compartment. On the passenger side floor...
                            That seems like a good option to me.

I'm 6'2", and when sitting on the passenger side of the C8, I moved the seat all the way back. Leg room seemed spacious to me with the seat back, and a soft cat-carrier like you described should fit well by the passengers legs.

This would also be a lot less stressful for the kitty, I'd imagine, than a ride in the frunk.
                            Current Vettes:
                            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
                            Upcoming Vette:
                            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

We generally road trip in the SUV since we take our dogs and a ton of stuff. Our other daily driver is a Corvette, and I think my wife will put groceries and such in the front. Should be fine for us. The other weird thing she does is have a "go bag" that she changes from one vehicle to the other that she puts in the passenger seat.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X