Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

What does Rapid Blue look like IRL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Rapid Blue look like IRL?

Watching Youtube videos tonight I am astounded by how many disfferent appearance Rapid Blue has. It literally looks different in every video. Here's screen captures of 3 examples:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.25.26 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	875.7 KB ID:	64806Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.23.10 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	862.8 KB ID:	64807Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.34.55 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	857.1 KB ID:	64808
    I realize cameras play a huge role in this, but which if any of these does Rapid Blue actually look like?

Lighting changes every color...go see it in person if you can..

before ordering.

first photo its very cloudy just before or after a rain.
    second photo is in the sunshine
    3rd photo is cloudy but clearer than the first photo.
    Last edited by JB; 08-28-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

The middle photo looks a bit over exposed to me. But not only does the camera effect the color, so does your screen. The same photo might look different on my computer than on you phone.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Unless the photographer set his color balance with a grey card (and preferably shot RAW files) then you can't trust the color of any images, even if your monitor is calibrated.

Then the question arises of whether your eyes and brain interpret the color similarly to the average human. Is the Rapid Blue you see really the same as what I see? How could we know for certain? If humans all see colors in exactly the same way then why do we have such varied tastes in color? Are color blind people merely at one end of a continuum of color sensitivity?

Really the only way to know Rapid Blue is to see it in person.

Comment

I've seen it IRL and would say it is very close to the "grabber blue" that the Mustang has been wearing over the last year or so. Others please chime in here if you think I'm wrong, but to me it is very similar. With that 2 tone blue interior ... it's pretty slick

Comment

Originally posted by docprego View Post
            I realize cameras play a huge role in this, but which if any of these does Rapid Blue actually look like?
            ElectroVette makes some good points about the challenges of evaluating color.

My advice is to look at the image in total, not just the car. See if the rest of the image looks "normal" to you or if it's off in some way. That will give you a basis for judging the unknown quantity, the car's color.

In my opinion the first shot is the most natural appearing and probably closest to the real Rapid Blue color. The second pic is both overexposed and has heightened contrast, while the third has the chroma dialed way way up to the point of almost making the car glow.

Comment

I saw it today. I dint like this type color on a Porsche but I gotta say it looks incredible on a C8 in person. Even my girlfriend who wants yellow said she liked it better!

Comment

I spent a lot of time around the Rapid Blue car today, and this of the above three above ones is the most accurate color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E739EF6F-D6F1-4677-847D-7DEA2416D3F5.png
Views:	757
Size:	875.7 KB
ID:	65189
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  I spent a lot of time around the Rapid Blue car today, and this of the above three above ones is the most accurate color.

Well that's good news, it's my favorite of the 3. Now the hard part. Sebring Orange or Rapid Blue?

Comment

Mediocre cameras do not capture this particular blue very well. These are my photos and the are accurate. Pics taken during cloudy conditions.

Name:	DSC01297.JPG
Views:	759
Size:	672.3 KB
ID:	65205

Name:	DSC01299.JPG
Views:	764
Size:	728.4 KB
ID:	65206

Comment

Beautiful color.

Comment

Originally posted by docprego View Post

Well that's good news, it's my favorite of the 3. Now the hard part. Sebring Orange or Rapid Blue?
                        I understand color is SO personal. Personally I would take rapid over Sebring. There really is no "bad" color. The Sebring Orange which I saw in person, is not at all inmo like the c6 orange.

That rapid has really grown on me too. I'm strongly considering it, over the ELB. It's a way more - "hey look at me" color than even the Sebring. Ford appropriately named the color "grabber." That's a PERFECT name for this color. Looks terrible on their Stang inmo. HEHE. Stangs just look kinda overplayed and boring inmo though. Looks great from p[ics on the c8, or maybe that's just cuz you could seriously paint this thing Mary Kay pink and the darn thing would still look mean!

So true what another member said - "lighting is everything with any color." Ditto to - It's always best to see it in person. Those "frogs" at the events just can't mimic the whole car, obviously, unless you are like an interior designer and have that ability to take that 4 inch color and apply it to the ar in your head.

Speaking of colors, anyone know when the c8.r is going to be revealed? I've heard Fall. Wondering if there is a definitive set date, as that is the last color to be "outted" so to speak. Can't wait to see it!
                        Last edited by NCMlifer; 08-28-2019, 11:58 PM. Reason: Correction on color to c7
                        NCM Life Member

Comment

I really like the Rapid Blue, but after going to see Sebring Orange on a new C7 I changed my mind. Either way you can't lose.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I videod one of the execs driving off in the rapid blue car at the ncm today. John on my screen the color IRL looks whiter than your picture. I would say take grabber blue and add a bit of white or ceramic matrix grey to it. Think of the Gulf Gt40 color or closer to the 911 blue. I changed my mind once I saw it in person and I like it!
                            Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

Anyone know how accelerate blue compares to Porsche Miami Blue? If I were getting a 911 I would definitely choose Miami Blue. Without seeing Rapid Blue think I will stick to Torch Red.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X