Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Accelerate Yellow... Likes, Dislikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerate Yellow... Likes, Dislikes?

First Post...

C8 pre-ordered...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3617.JPG
Views:	8768
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	64706

Who likes Accelerate yellow?

That is not the actual color. It’s a render someone from this forum did. We still haven’t seen the actual yellow because Chevy is holding back until the C8R reveal. Some think it has a green tint to it but we still just don’t know because all anyone has seen are renders and paint examples. I have always owned yellow or blue Vettes but now I’m not sure on the yellow because if it has green tint I don’t want it. There are other threads on this btw.
    Last edited by RoketRdr; 08-31-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I like it. I dig bright colors. If it is red, torch it. If it is yellow, accelerate it.
      2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

so we are still waiting to see one in the wild

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrans5 View Post
          Unfortunately yes. The C8R will be revealed this fall and that’s when we will finally see the actual yellow. So far every color has been presented to the public except that one and I’m really really hoping it’s not greenish like we are seeing in renders. Although you may like it and if so pay no attention to what I’m saying.

Comment

To my eyes, under the artificial light in the Chevy building at Carlisle, there was no green tint on the AY "frog" paint sample. What it will look like under sunlight who knows.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That'd be better than posting a render. Guess I gotta do a "dislike" on your Q.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                To my eyes, under the artificial light in the Chevy building at Carlisle, there was no green tint on the AY "frog" paint sample. What it will look like under sunlight who knows.
                Wish one of you guys would’ve been able to grab it and run out into the sun with it.

Comment

LOL. I think they are glued to the display. And when I was in Carlisle, there was no sun. Only clouds.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Ill keep saying it until we see one and proven otherwise... CHARTREUSE. Which is not to say it's bad... just not yellow. Funny fact - apparently there is the same argument in tennis circles with what color the b-a-l-l-s are, yellow or green, with yellow holding a slight edge.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                      LOL. I think they are glued to the display. And when I was in Carlisle, there was no sun. Only clouds.
                      That's OK, we need to see how AYM looks in cloudy conditions too. Since they're glued down, I'm sure somebody in the Caravan has a chisel you could briefly borrow.

To the original poster, the main AYM thread is here with lots and lots of discussion about it.

Comment

Why is the yellow being kept as such a secret?

keeps the intnet humming?

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          Why is the yellow being kept as such a secret?

keeps the intnet humming?
                          I believe they are waiting for the C8R Reveal hopefully soon.
                          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I'll say it again, I love the yellow on C7 and before and would have gotten it on my 1st Corvette, the C8, but I do not like this yellow in any form I have seen it, so unless it looks way different in real life and light...not for me and it is a **** shame as I LOVE YELLOW!

Comment

First Post...

C8 pre-ordered...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3617.JPG
Views:	8768
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	64706

Who likes Accelerate yellow?
                              Welcome to the forum mrbrans5, you'll find a great amount of good info here. Yellow is the color of the racing team and as others have noted, it will be displayed when the C8R is revealed we think.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X