Red vs Edge Red caliper color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red vs Edge Red caliper color

For those of you that have seen the two red caliper colors in the flesh, how much more subdued is the edge red vs the red caliper ? My objective is to not have people's eyes focus on the calipers, rather I want they looking at the Spectra Gray Machined wheels and the lines of the car. The other option is to simply run with the black OE calipers. Decisions ....... Decisions (mumbles to self)
    2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

They are considerably darker, but they will still draw the eye, as they'll be the boldest color in the wheel well. Based on your comments, I think the black is the way to go.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

The OE calipers were my first choice. Then I thought .......... Why not the edge red. I may save myself some bucks and go back to basics.
      2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
        For those of you that have seen the two red caliper colors in the flesh, how much more subdued is the edge red vs the red caliper ? My objective is to not have people's eyes focus on the calipers, rather I want they looking at the Spectra Gray Machined wheels and the lines of the car. The other option is to simply run with the black OE calipers. Decisions ....... Decisions (mumbles to self)
        The regular red calipers are a match for Torch Red, and have glossy paint.

The Edge Red calipers are a pretty close match to Long Beach Red, and have a satin paint.

Sssh, we have a crush on the Edge Red, especially as they will match the hashmarks we are getting, the standard valve covers and the optional Edge Red engine cover.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Than you John, I appreciate the input.

Comment

Just my opinion but I’d have to see them myself before ordering anything except the factory black
            A thought if I might ...

Comment

I am a sucker for bright red caliipers-have then on my 17 GS Conv. This time I am going with standard black-just to save on depreciation-as I anticipate a quick trade in on a future C8 GS. When I saw your build I was going to suggest the bright red, but thought it was not my place. Since you asked thought ok to make suggestion.

Comment

If your goi g with adrenaline red interior then go with edge red calipers ( I got this info from the concierge) and matches engine cover and Valve covers

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

The Edge Red calipers are a pretty close match to Long Beach Red, and have a satin paint.

Sssh, we have a crush on the Edge Red, especially as they will match the hashmarks we are getting, the standard valve covers and the optional Edge Red engine cover.
                  Then you better call Mike and switch to the Morello Red Interior and you can be engulfed in it. LOL Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (26).jpg
Views:	1611
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	69045
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.7 KB ID:	69044
                  Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-07-2019, 11:05 PM.
                  Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

The Edge Red is also an exact match for the color of the engine valve covers.....for those who are ****-retentive enough to care.

Comment

Pretty to have color matched calibers.

The morello red interior is quite striking in the photo...

i believe as nice as the c7 interior was the new c8 will be the final nail in the coffin to hearing the new auto journalist regurgitate ad nauseam how corvette interiors are inferior to the europeans...

first of all half if us dint give a sh t. And now the other half can enjoy full boat luxury, world class fantastic...

i traditionally prefer black interiors ...yet the color variants are quite powerful and striking.
                      Last edited by JB; 09-08-2019, 02:42 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X