Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

See the Z06 Yourself At The Petersen Automobile Museum

All the details are here for you and friends to stand next to it on reveal day: October 26th. Just buy an admission ticket.
https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-alongside-z06
2 of 5 < >

FORUM NAVIGATION DIY HELPERS

Want some tips on how to set your signature block, post pictures, establish your signature block, response to two posts by quoting both of them at once, change the amount and/or type of forum notifications you get, here’s 20 DIY’s for you: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...m-mecf-members
3 of 5 < >

Forum Member DIY’s: How To Best Navigate MECF

Here are twenty helper threads, from posting pictures, avatars, creating your signature blocks, and more. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...m-mecf-members
4 of 5 < >

CORVETTE TODAY Podcast #78-Famed Corvette Test Driver, Jim Mero, Answers YOUR Questions!

Famed Corvette Test Driver, Jim Mero, is back on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast with your host, Steve Garrett to answer your questions: https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...9kEPiivUWI8ER2!  
These questions came from the MidEngineCorvetteForum and the other forum. There are some great questions and outstanding responses from Jim.  Jim talks about suspension and ride calibrations for the C6 and C7 Corvettes.  He also talked about his experiences test on the Nurburgring and the Autobahn!  
It's a fascinating interview and episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
CORVETTE TODAY Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
See more
See less

Blade Silver With Two Tone Blue (HTO) Interior Thanks To Mike Furman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Silver With Two Tone Blue (HTO) Interior Thanks To Mike Furman

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10941.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	62987Click image for larger version

Name:	0E35F03D-5D7E-4D2C-B5A0-1E7FC1F2C4AE.jpeg
Views:	492
ID:	63005Click image for larger version

Name:	0E35F03D-5D7E-4D2C-B5A0-1E7FC1F2C4AE.jpeg
Views:	495
ID:	63006Click image for larger version  Name:	419FA5C1-4BE9-4940-9727-6B8BAD2ADB6B.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.45 MB ID:	62988Click image for larger version  Name:	E3B66292-2F17-4A89-A95B-010C608D2580.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	62989Click image for larger version  Name:	9B99D5DE-56DF-44FD-97E5-F9ADA45406FB.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	988.0 KB ID:	62990Click image for larger version  Name:	13165E34-4EDA-450F-964D-F51C1D099A4E.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	62986Click image for larger version  Name:	A78677E9-8E9C-430C-9AF9-841EAA77AEB1.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	62977Click image for larger version  Name:	65EDBC30-1C9F-4E0B-A38C-1CA0C9DB239D.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	62978Click image for larger version  Name:	CDC5F79A-79B9-4C70-8DD9-C358C94069F2.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	62979Click image for larger version  Name:	352A0D44-0AD0-4C1B-980E-A1BD3FDEE2D2.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	62980Click image for larger version  Name:	42533A9D-5ADB-4FCC-B2A1-ADCC030DF557.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	62981Click image for larger version  Name:	865D1D26-CB2E-4B0D-AC45-8EBD253EAF0D.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	62982Click image for larger version  Name:	F3A2D5E9-3D43-453B-804A-DC56D8A43AD6.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	62983Click image for larger version  Name:	C84B79B0-6BD5-4802-A378-82C9E39F8776.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.07 MB ID:	62984 Mike’s at Carlisle and said this is a very attractive car, wanted to share it with us. Thank you Mike!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John; 08-23-2019, 09:10 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

WOW love it 😍
    thank you Mike
    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Well. Woke up and observed rain. Assumed it would not be crowded. I drove up to Carlisle and back. Arrived at afternoon. Crowded severely up there. And dry but cloudy. Surprise: That blade Silver with the blue interior was my favorite. I had seen that blue interior in the Configurator and photographs. Had not liked it. In person it was beautiful. Just gorgeous. The bell of the ball, my measure. Same car seen above. The silver was highly reflective , even in the tent. Silver cars had appeared dull in photos. Not so in person. This silver car has silver wheels and that was a factor for me. Not black wheels.

Seven C8 up there. 2 red. 2 silver. one black. one bronze. one gray.

The Ceramic Gray was dignified. The gray showed as gray, not a version of white as it shows white in photos. Gray like something I would expect from Bentley or Benz.

The interior carbon fiber bits and pieces sets the interior off nicely. Makes detailed.
      The all black outside mirror was sharp on a red car.
      The LT2 engine on the stand was compact, neat and "boyish". Like if Steff Curry were an engine.
      The aluminum framing in the structure of the car is strong and sturdy. The thing could plow fields and support suspension bridges. Strength was priority over light weight.
      The interiors are world class , to me. I sat in both silver, a red, and a black.
      The instrument button stack that runs downward between driver and passenger is genius. It is like brail. Once the driver becomes familiar they will be able to work and use it without looking to see the selection.
      I tried the seat adjustment on passenger and drivers side of 4 cars. I am 6'3". Plenty room. the seats adjust far back and go low. The recline is reasonably far back too.
      The silver engine cover is ready for prime time.

The whole package consisting of 7 completed cars, the cut-away-car, the LT2 cutaway on the stand, the accessory party together reveal a well designed and well executed package. Talked to folks who commented that they wanted to wait for a later car after the bugs were switched. But from what I saw, I am confident . I want the first one off the line if possible. Especially so, since the engine is tried and true.

They gave some talk. The speaker said that they will start the production line gradually. Just a few cars that had to be done perfectly. They will increase the speed of cars down the line at the rate that the examples are perfect. The max speed of the line will be quality controlled.

A further word about the car pictured above. It is striking. That blue "pops".

Need to see the blue cars.
      Last edited by SheepDog; 08-23-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

In addition to those 7, there were six parked in the VIP parking area. Two Rapid Blue, a red, a black, a bronze and an LBR with body color accents.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

.I missed the others . Kick myself. That question was asked and the rep said that the location of others was not disclosable, GM policy.

There were thousands of Vettes there from all years of production. My impression was, [my impression], the C8 is a world apart. Different animal. My impression.

Word of warning: I do not tend to focus on what I do not like in a car. Not a balanced critic. If I like the car as a whole, then will not see flawed details.
          Last edited by SheepDog; 08-23-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Name:	4CDD32C0-F50B-4CB3-AB6E-1BAF086C6D2E.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	63754Click image for larger version

Name:	538565AD-4170-426F-8921-3EB30FB13935.jpeg
Views:	335
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	63753 There were 14 C8s at Carlisle overall. Quite a showing! Above is Ceramic Matrix Gray and is just outside the showroom building they put up where you could get up close on samples of options etc. By the way, the seats look awesome. I have to say, some of the color combos I saw would have fallen into the “color override” category in years past but it’s cool to have the choice to easily make it your own. After seeing them in person, I kind of prefer the no spoiler option. It’s a nice look.

2019 Z06: M7 Coupe: Shadow Gray Metallic
            2016 Sting w/Z51 : M7 Coupe : Night Race Blue

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
              .I missed the others . Kick myself. That question was asked and the rep said that the location of others was not disclosable, GM policy.

There were thousands of Vettes there from all years of production. My impression was, [my impression], the C8 is a world apart. Different animal. My impression.

Word of warning: I do not tend to focus on what I do not like in a car. Not a balanced critic. If I like the car as a whole, then will not see flawed details.
              I didnt see them either in the field...I would have had I known...the 4 in the tent were cool...the red one in the corvette building was awesome...i didnt ever get the hint that there were more in some parking area though...I would have liked to have seen the blue cars for a buddy of mine who is a blue fanatic...

GM policy is to nit tell anyone there are more cars? Thats kind of weird. I would say the engineering staff from GM and so many of their employees were awesome..,just down to earth guys...and gals..

nobody knows everything at every moment and some visitors can really push for details...

i think the gm staff did a fabulous job..

i think them being their made the experience that much better.

of course not telling us there were more cars in some parking area because its gm policy is actually kind of funny

not a bog deal as I had so much fun shooting the breeze with other onlookers...

it was an amazing c8 extravaganza party...celebrated for days...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCT View Post

Name:	4CDD32C0-F50B-4CB3-AB6E-1BAF086C6D2E.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	63754Click image for larger version

Name:	538565AD-4170-426F-8921-3EB30FB13935.jpeg
Views:	335
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	63753 There were 14 C8s at Carlisle overall. Quite a showing! Above is Ceramic Matrix Gray and is just outside the showroom building they put up where you could get up close on samples of options etc. By the way, the seats look awesome. I have to say, some of the color combos I saw would have fallen into the “color override” category in years past but it’s cool to have the choice to easily make it your own. After seeing them in person, I kind of prefer the no spoiler option. It’s a nice look.

I tend to agree the no spoiler option would have been nice...i really got the feeling gm wants people to order the standard c8....

its really a prettier choice..

i doing the z51 because I want the mechanicals..Im holding my nose on that rear spoiler in body color as it does blend in ...

the cermaic gray was very pretty on the stand...

id probably do white over ceramic grey but that ceramic gray was very very pretty...

the wheels chosen for that display car were really attractive...not 1500 dollars attractive for me as Im a cheap *******...but the best wheel at the show in my opinion..

the combo was very sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                  ...of course not telling us there were more cars in some parking area because its gm policy is actually kind of funny.
                  Maybe they were worried the cars would be swarmed by fans eager to get close up and it would take days to clean up all fingerprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Maybe they were worried the cars would be swarmed by fans eager to get close up and it would take days to clean up all fingerprints.
                    Thursday was supposed to rain and it was sunny and beautiful... and the ride out for four hours was awesome with the roof off...the 4 extra c8s arrived from detroit around 4 or five and nobody was crowding the cars to the point you had a tough time seeing the cars shape from a distance as well as up close.

Friday was a mad house not shown in many of the photos...

Friday it poured the first half of the day...had i known i would have ventured out to the field to see the c8s..Friday but im satisfied ...

i like to view the vehicles shape from many angles..

this vehicle utilizes the composite body materials to create shapes that really can not be replicated in metal.

kudos to the corvette design team..

the photos we have seen are excellent yet I can proudly say in person the body contouring is even more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

I think the other cars were probably their personal transportation and assume that it is discouraged that employees demonstrate the personal drivers. Makes sense. It appears that the employees do not communicate with the public about the personal divers-C8s when they are out in the public. It probably is policy. It is consistent.

And people had all sorts of questions. The reps were interested in questions about the "C8 Coup". They focus to contain the scope of the questions to the coup. And, there was a fair sample of cars under the tent. But who ever gets enough.

Comment

The "MC" at Carlisle announced on Friday that there were a total of 14 C8s in attendance, and sort of challenged the crowd to find them all. There were 6 in the tent (5 unlocked so you could sit in them), 1 outside on the platform, and 1 in the temp building, making 8. Someone else in my club found the 5 in the VIP area and told me about them. The last one was, I think, at the Ron Fellows booth, but I didn't get to that one.
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X