Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Video inside a rolling C8, our first look Panary C8 rearview mirror camera in use!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video inside a rolling C8, our first look Panary C8 rearview mirror camera in use!

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger:

Click image for larger version  Name:	5CCB7DDC-85C0-4849-97B4-578BADF8FAC9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.8 KB ID:	61679

Last edited by John; 08-19-2019, 10:10 PM. Reason: Inserted video here for easier viewing. Thanks docprego!

Nice video - thanks for posting. The mirror does look great

Anyone else besides me think that the C7 Track Mode display looks better than the C8's?

It's that C8 horizontal bar graph tachometer - uninspiring - and just not as sexy as the C7 Track Mode tach display.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	c8tach.JPG Views:	1 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	61600

And service that parking brake, darn it!
    Last edited by Mobius; 08-19-2019, 07:33 PM.
    My C8:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Some observations from this video:

1. GIGANTIC D.
      2. Service parking brake.
      3. Dipped Natural interior looks magnificent IMO.
      4. Rearview mirror camera is noticeably clear.
      5. Instrument cluster and infotainment don't even remotely resemble an iPad on the dash as has been suggested.

Side note: does anyone know how to make the Instagram post appear inline in my post?

Comment

Originally posted by docprego View Post
        Some observations from this video:

1. GIGANTIC D.
        2. Service parking brake.
        3. Dipped Natural interior looks magnificent IMO.
        4. Rearview mirror camera is noticeably clear.
        5. Instrument cluster and infotainment don't even remotely resemble an iPad on the dash as has been suggested.

Side note: does anyone know how to make the Instagram post appear inline in my post?
        I would imagine that D would be replaced by the gear number if the car was in Manual mode right? For me, that D would drive me to use manual mode all the time if that's what it takes to get rid of it.

Mark

- Just when you think you can't dig your hole any deeper, they throw the shovel in at you -

Comment

That is correct.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by khanmark View Post
            I would imagine that D would be replaced by the gear number...
            If you look closely, it shows D1, so it's indicating 1st gear, but that D is mighty big relative to the gear #...
            My C8:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

That dipped natural interior looks amazing. I wish It came with black carpet though because that carpet will be impossible to keep clean. Come on GM, offer us black carpet with the dipped natural interior for 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by NavySuppo View Post
                That dipped natural interior looks amazing. I wish It came with black carpet though because that carpet will be impossible to keep clean. Come on GM, offer us black carpet with the dipped natural interior for 2021.
                Easy fix...aftermarket floor mats in black. Lots of choices, and they are decent quality. I bought some for my dads Ferraris (Christmas gifts) and they do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

Anyone else besides me think that the C7 Track Mode display looks better than the C8's?
                  Agreed 100% I was running in track mode this weekend and thought that it was much sportier than the C8. I didn't want to say that publicly as not to mis-interpreted for sour grapes... but the more i see the C8 the more i appreciate what they did on the C7.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                    It's that C8 horizontal bar graph tachometer - uninspiring - and just not as sexy as the C7 Track Mode tach display.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	c8tach.JPG Views:	1 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	61600
                    Pretty much all race cars have gone to horizontal bar graph tach displays. Usually LED, but this is similar.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thank you docprego.

The real story , for me, in this video is the stellar forward visibility, side visibility and rear camera visibility. The displays are software programs and can be reprogramed by wire. This is a prototype and the programs are probably not final production form. Great going GM.

The interior is beautiful. A pleasant environment and great place to spend time. Looks like.
                      Last edited by SheepDog; 08-19-2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                        Thank you docprego.

The real story , for me, in this video is the stellar forward visibility, side visibility and rear camera visibility. The displays are software programs and can be reprogramed by wire. This is a prototype and the programs are probably not final production form. Great going GM.

The interior is beautiful. A pleasant environment and great place to spend time. Looks like.
                        If the programs are not finalized by now I think that might be a problem.😀:-)

!

Comment

They’ve come a long way......... Click image for larger version

Name:	24959C17-3D54-4B00-AF07-72E26D4235EB.jpeg
Views:	579
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	61731
                          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

In case you forget it’s an automatic transmission, here’s a gigantic D for ya!
                            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I like a large GEAR display in manual mode. The mirror looks good and is a big reason I’m considering a 2 LT along with the side mirrors blind spot assist. Changing lanes won’t be such a problem now.
                              I only wish they kept the gear shift stalk in the console. I’m sure in no time I’ll get used to the switches. But it’s nice to just slide the stalk over to get out of manual mode . Not even sure how those ETRS switches work until I drive one. Don’t like taking my eyes off the road and from what I read you don’t have to. Just another muscle memory thing to get used to.
                              Last edited by MikeC8; 08-20-2019, 08:24 AM.
                              Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X