Seven C8’s On A Transporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven C8’s On A Transporter

Nice to see that they keep making more and more of them at BGA even though the Plant has yet to a) cease full time C7 production, and more astoundingly, they have yet to two the schedule two month Plant C7-to-C8 conversion upgrades. Well done BGA!

Thanks to “‘73and’75” for his wife taking these fantastic pictures while the transporter was rolling down the road.

Might the one he calls black be instead Shadow Gray Metallic?

Originally posted by ‘73and’75”
    Seven C8's on a transport rolling down the road
    So I am driving SB on I-76, just south of Sterling Colorado and I come upon a auto transport carrying seven (7) C8's. This was on Monday August 5. I was driving so I had my wife take a pic of each car.

There were 2 white cars, 2 black cars, 2 blue cars, and a gray car. They all had MIchigan manufacturer plates on them. There were no decals or stickers or markings on the cars that I could see. They looked driven and used. Some had rear spoilers (Z-51's).

I am only guessing here, but they are pilot cars probably on their way to Arizona/New Mexico for hot weather endurance testing/validation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B5A78A89-A9EA-4DE5-807B-ED057F66E1C6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	202.2 KB ID:	60757

Gray C8

Click image for larger version  Name:	979E7AF7-24D1-4BE1-943B-6F5EA7B964C3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	60758

White C8

Click image for larger version  Name:	1D958B2C-7E8F-4F99-87C5-0407CC64A3A8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	60759

Black C8

Click image for larger version  Name:	1C87F3BC-5E67-487F-B8ED-6ED5C8763369.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	60763

Beautiful blue C8 (I really like this blue!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	4F7084F7-D523-4C96-A8C5-925414A9F504.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	111.2 KB ID:	60764

Another white C8

Click image for larger version

Name:	C24BC98D-E6E5-4DEB-B348-A9CF31B7BB75.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	60766

Another black C8 and another blue C8 --nice spoiler on the blue car--are those holes in the panel behind the driver's door?
    Last edited by John; 08-17-2019, 02:14 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Originally posted by John View Post
    Nice to see that they keep making more and more of them at BGA even though the Plant has yet to a) cease full time C7 production, and more astoundingly, they have yet to two the schedule two month Plant C7-to-C8 conversion upgrades. Well done BGA!

Thanks to “‘73and’75” for his wife taking these fantastic pictures while the transporter was rolling down the road.

Might the one he calls black be instead Shadow Gray Metallic?
    I believe what appears to be holes in the back panel the driver's door is sunlight coming through the overhead track on the car carrier.. May be headed to Ron Fellows.

Comment

Was hoping they were on the way to Carlisle lol

Comment

Sorry, I diverted them from Carlisle to your house.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Thanks to “‘73and’75” for his wife taking these fantastic pictures while the transporter was rolling down the road. Might the one he calls black be instead Shadow Gray Metallic?
          Could be, the one right at the back of the transporter in the sunlight definitely seems to have that odd tinge of blue in the highlights that is typical of SGM. Also, the "white" one on top of the transporter seems to be Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic I think. Can't really tell for the one on the lower level in the shadows.

So does Pilot Transport have a tracking web page we could use to follow the progress of truck 11290 via its GPS?
          The Internet -- making stalkers of us all since 1998.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X