Button layout with / without front lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button layout with / without front lift

The Corvette design team really paid attention to the details on this car. If you get the front lift system, there are three buttons in front of the mode dial:

Click image for larger version

Name:	frontlift_94e4ac25ed192b4385375913872351df60a1caa7.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	60548

But if you buy without the lift, you get two larger buttons. No blank plastic plug to fill the empty space where the lift button would be. Very nice!

Name:	PSX_20190816_215941.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	60550
    Attached Files
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Thanks meyerweb. I had not noticed. Good catch.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

So what's the concensus on this option? I love the idea but, 2" dosen't seem like a lot of lift.
      (Disregard - there's another topic on the lift, I'll ask there)
      Last edited by LightningBolt; 08-16-2019, 09:16 PM.
      Vin # 2539
      Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

Without ground effects can’t see spending the money and it’s got a front camera ymmv
        What’s the 2 buttons do with no lift option?
        2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
        6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
        2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
        2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
          So what's the concensus on this option? I love the idea but, 2" dosen't seem like a lot of lift.
          From some other things I've read, I think the actual lift is closer to 1.6". Is it worth it? Everyone has an opinion, but not the same opinion. These threads may give you some things to consider.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...nd-lift-system

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-kit-yes-or-no
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Already answered, sorry.
            Last edited by Swift93; 08-16-2019, 09:24 PM. Reason: Sorry already answered.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
              (Disregard - there's another topic on the lift, I'll ask there)
              Further refined to exactly 40 MM, or 1.56” inches. It is in my opinion a huge amount of height increase, for while my OEM Z06 splitter is alive and well, I know so many whose are not (on their second or third one). While some of course could have been destroyed by their ramming into something like an end of space concrete curb, many have been destroyed by crashing into a speed bump, a dip, a driveway apron.

The question to me is, how have you survived without one? For me, I have survived by not going into some places I have wanted to, both at home and on the road. I am getting one, but whether anyone else “should,” that depends on how many times they have“not going somewhere” and/or how many replacement splitters they have purchased. If neither, maybe that person should not spend $1,495.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                The Corvette design team really paid attention to the details on this car. If you get the front lift system, there are three buttons in front of the mode dial. But if you buy without the lift, you get two larger buttons. No blank plastic plug to fill the empty space where the lift button would be. Very nice!
                Sharp eye! And a very sharp detail by the Corvette team.

To continue the de-contenting trend, if you have a 1LT interior, and therefore no front curb cam either, it looks like you get just one full-width button for the stability control, that's it.
                Last edited by Klinn; 08-16-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Sharp eye! And a very sharp detail by the Corvette team.

To continue the de-contenting trend, if you have a 1LT interior, and therefore no front curb cam either, it looks like you get just one full-width button for the stability control, that's it.
                  Correct. Sharp eye back atcha'

Name:	PSX_20190816_225041.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	60574

Comment

Here is a thought I have had on this lift. If it is capable of programing for 1,000 lift points. and you have it programmed for say a parking lot to a grocery store or a drug store or whatever it will rise every time you pass that point of lift even if you are not entering that parking lot that it is programmed for.

Comment

I think it is great the design team took the time to tailor the buttons to the available options. Having blank plates always seemed so tacky. Kudos. (And thanks to meyerweb for pointing this out since I had not noticed!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                        Here is a thought I have had on this lift. If it is capable of programing for 1,000 lift points. and you have it programmed for say a parking lot to a grocery store or a drug store or whatever it will rise every time you pass that point of lift even if you are not entering that parking lot that it is programmed for.
                        There is a lot of detail to fill in on this that we do not yet know. Lifts are typically active at low speed only, and deactivate when above the low speed. And in other cars you have to remember to push the button.

Also assume they will drop down again when parked and engine off. How long will it be up? Typically until the upper speed is exceeded.
                        2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
                          Without ground effects can’t see spending the money and it’s got a front camera ymmv
                          What’s the 2 buttons do with no lift option?
                          Sorry, missed your post earlier. One button is for the front parking cameras, the other to turn traction / stability control off. If you have the lift option, you get these two buttons plus a third for the lift.

Comment

I'm glad Juechter fought to keep the C8 free of poverty blanks. You just know the bean counters gave him hell for having three different parts in that location.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X