Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

RPO EFR Carbon Flash Exterior Accents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPO EFR Carbon Flash Exterior Accents

I am wondering, what is the reasoning that GM decided to NOT include the shorter rocker panels with this Carbon Flash package in standard base form. All Grand Sport style rockers since 2017 came with Carbon Flash as the standard color. Wouldn't this go with the other like accents. And, if you don't want that color, then you could opt for STI instead. How come???
    2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

There has to be 100 factors that kept the price below $60K to start. We are amazed that the car did not start many thousands more than it does, as we are amazed it is the only car to go less than 3 seconds 0-60 under $60K.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I really didn't think it would add anything to the cost of the car, since they're already doing other accent items in carbon flash. Thanks for setting me straight on that. I guess if I want it that badly I can get it painted before it gets installed by the dealer!
      2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

Good option.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

So, in the z51 pkg, the front splitter and rockers are painted black? And what exactly is the coverage achieved by the rockers? Would like carbon flash to match rest of car but the cost is yikes...appreciate your thoughts...
          3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

On the production verification test cars running around, the Z51 splitter appears to be molded in black, not painted black. Check out the difference between the two in this shot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=50045&amp;d=1563860110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.9 KB ID:	59823

I believe the splitter looks grayer since it's just molded in that color, not painted glossy black. There are other shots around where you can definitely see a satin-like molded texture typical of those sorts of parts.

Adding to that, I think the side rockers are the same molded-in-black (not painted) on the Z51 since that piece continues the character line of the bottom edge of the splitter back along the side of the car. But these are things that still need to be confirmed.

Edit: At least if the splitter is only molded in black instead of painted, it won't be as easily damaged -- good for those who don't get the E60 front lift option.
            Last edited by Klinn; 08-15-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X