Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Sorry Guys. The Vert will be Prettier. Video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry Guys. The Vert will be Prettier. Video

    Thanks to Motor1: https://www.motor1.com/news/363945/2...tte-spy-video/

    Click image for larger version

Name:	25220D61-4651-476E-9FFC-D38D2EACCB19.jpeg
Views:	3738
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	57223



    Its the profile. The way she moves. She sings. She looks back at you , So, so cute.

    Notice the color of the A pillars. Does that mean that the convertible top will be offered in a black option with a regular colored body, in this case an orange body?

    ps: The profile looks more streamline , slimmer? My imagination?
    Last edited by John; 08-07-2019, 11:59 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
    https://www.motor1.com/news/363945/2...tte-spy-video/


    Its the profile. The way she moves. She sings. She looks back at you , So, so cute.

    Notice the color of the A pillars. Does that mean that the convertible top will be offered in a black option with a regular colored body, in this case an orange body?
    Awesomeness

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice video, thanks for posting.

      Interesting mix of components -- has the Z51 rear spoiler but no splitter. Guess they missed the Tadge's memo about aero balance.

      Edit: I guess that's the Morello interior? It's red and fully dipped.
      Last edited by Klinn; 08-07-2019, 06:40 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Lift up the camo!!!!!!😎
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

        Comment


        • #5
          The guy knew enough to know it was a convertible, but not enough to focus on the part we need to know more about.

          This pertains to my interests since I'm down for one.
          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
          Spectra Grey Tridents.
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
            The guy knew enough to know it was a convertible, but not enough to focus on the part we need to know more about.

            This pertains to my interests since I'm down for one.
            Exactly!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              It does look more streamlined for sure! That's what I always liked about the vert vette.

              They solved the "rag" problem, I think. W top up past corvettes were less attractive. I think it will be a hardtop conv (guessing). If so - it will be sweet.

              Just can't wait that long. LOL!
              NCM Life Member

              Comment


              • #8
                The recessed center section of the decklid mimics that on the C7 'vert. I wonder why they're covering part of the moving roof cover in a gray wrap, rather than the camo:

                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 83853 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	207.9 KB ID:	57162


                Gorgeous, indeed. One of these will be my choice.
                Last edited by meyerweb; 08-07-2019, 08:01 PM.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

                Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

                Never grow up - It's a trap.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                  Notice the color of the A pillars. Does that mean that the convertible top will be offered in a black option with a regular colored body, in this case an orange body?
                  Based on the capture from the teaser video, it looks like the HTV doesn't have a painted band of bodywork across the top of the windshield like the coupe does. So I'm thinking the A pillars may be black on all of them. Having a body color a-pillar just ....end.... at the top might look weird. I wonder if the roof itself will be body color, or maybe black? That could explain why they're keeping it covered until the reveal. (I sure hope it's body color.)

                  Edit: After looking at the photo below some more, I'm not sure about what I wrote (italics, above). I was thinking that band of gray across the top of the windshield, below, was under the glass, but maybe it isn't.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 85021 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	341.6 KB ID:	57169
                  Last edited by meyerweb; 08-07-2019, 08:36 PM.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

                  Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

                  Never grow up - It's a trap.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Id say without question the c8 spyder will be even more beautiful than the targa top version.

                    the roof will in my oprion will be body color

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Would you guys just QUIT!!! I've been waiting for a ME Corvette since the 1970's and have been on 2 lists for the C8 for well over a year. You are NOT making the wait for the 'vert' any easier with all the videos, photos and speculation. I just might have to refrain from lookin' at the site for a couple of months. My buddies ordering and taking delivery on their coupes some time in the next 6 months won't make it any easier either....
                      2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

                      Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fooltorace, you have a long remainder of your life ahead of you. I see there are some who plan on getting a car, any car, ASAP, and then selling it when the model they really want, ZO6, convertible, etc. come on the market.

                        Remember the Heinz ketchup commercial, waiting for the ketchup to come out of the bottle, while Carly Simon sings "Anticipation".

                        2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                        Front lift, mag ride
                        black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                          Would you guys just QUIT!!! I've been waiting for a ME Corvette since the 1970's and have been on 2 lists for the C8 for well over a year. You are NOT making the wait for the 'vert' any easier with all the videos, photos and speculation. I just might have to refrain from lookin' at the site for a couple of months. My buddies ordering and taking delivery on their coupes some time in the next 6 months won't make it any easier either....
                          well In Wiscinsin I wouldn't be able to do anything with a coupe in Jan, Feb or March so ............. I'll get my vert just in time for April showers hopefully.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                            Thanks to Motor1: https://www.motor1.com/news/363945/2...tte-spy-video/

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	25220D61-4651-476E-9FFC-D38D2EACCB19.jpeg
Views:	3738
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	57223



                            Its the profile. The way she moves. She sings. She looks back at you , So, so cute.

                            Notice the color of the A pillars. Does that mean that the convertible top will be offered in a black option with a regular colored body, in this case an orange body?

                            ps: The profile looks more streamline , slimmer? My imagination?
                            Looks like the driver is once again possibly Harlan Charles.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Doc, that corroborates with our info separately learned that Harlan’s MVB at this time is an Sebring Orange HT vert.
                              Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X